Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 01:51:35 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: New Year LeMans event discussion  (Read 1642 times)
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2011, 08:03:07 PM +0000 »

I am planning a special event for new years day (Sunday 1st Jan 2012).

My current plan is a 2 hour, mixed class race with LMP2s and GT2s with sessions starting at the following times:

Practise 1 : 19.30 (UK time)
Qualy:        20.00
Race:         20.30

I think we should have either a changeable weather race or a sun set race.

What do members think of the specifics? Race too long? Should we just use dry weather at a virtual mid day start time instead? Discuss.

Open the Pod Bay door please H@L...
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2011, 11:23:25 AM +0000 »

Cool idea H@l, but I won't be at home in that week Sad

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 12:11:02 PM +0000 »

Sounds like a great event H@L.

I'm up for driving an LMP2 and a late afternoon start driving into dusk would be my preference. I don't like rain or changeable weather as it just becomes too tactical for me. I also wonder if there will be enough of us available to run a dual class event.

Another option...as we are already having a LeMans event in GTL, how about using one of the newly released Fuji layouts from VLM?

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 01:10:58 PM +0000 »

didnt realise the sunday would be the 1st, thats going to impact the attendance.

Yep, would prefer a day to night style race rather than wet weather. I'm happy to race either class, its going to be more of a test of endurance so am happy to drive the GT2 whether its on my own!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 05:39:30 PM +0000 »

I won't be at home in that week Sad

Sad

Another option...as we are already having a LeMans event in GTL, how about using one of the newly released Fuji layouts from VLM?

I did not notice that GTL race just 3 days before. Oops. I think I should stick to the LeMans track for this special event. It does not get used enough anyway. Smiley

didnt realise the sunday would be the 1st, thats going to impact the attendance.

It is a bank holiday on the Monaday after hopefully that could help a bit but, that is one of my reasons for considering a 1 hour 30 min race instead of 2 hours.

LMP2s with possibility of rain is probably not a good idea thinking about it now due to the need for extra practise time and not a favoured choice it seems. Sensible. Smiley

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 06:53:12 PM +0000 »

I won't be at home in that week Sad

Sad

I did not notice that GTL race just 3 days before. Oops. I think I should stick to the LeMans track for this special event. It does not get used enough anyway. Smiley

It is a bank holiday on the Monday

And the first race in the GTL 2012 calendar 

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

H@L9000
Director, UKGTR
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2011, 04:34:55 PM +0000 »

OK, I will do a 1 hour 30 min race and keep it dry:
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=10312.0

Smiley

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: