by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 10:17:46 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L12FIFT Goodwood: August 21, 2012
August 21, 2012, 08:43:58 PM +0100 - Goodwood (Circuit) - UKGTL Season 12 The Fifties
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Navin R Johnson
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 250 TR (#20) GTC-65 3 +0.580
105.519mph
1 49:29.719
103.761mph
36 1:20.921
105.776mph
Dunlop  
Hristo Itchov
 Team Oldie Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#12) GTC-65 2 +59.179
101.734mph
36 1:21.353
105.214mph
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Aston Martin DBR1 (#14) GTC-65 6 +4.434
100.733mph
3 +1L
98.246mph
35 1:25.294
100.353mph
Dunlop  
Manteos
 Team Oldie Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#16) GTC-65 2 +0.566
105.537mph
4 +2L
97.897mph
34 1:21.150
105.477mph
Dunlop  
Alex vV
 Gentlemen Drivers Club
Aston Martin DBR1 (#24) GTC-65 8 +6.039
98.866mph
5 +1:07.126
95.736mph
34 1:26.400
99.068mph
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Maserati 450S (#53) GTC-65 4 +1.570
104.247mph
6 +22L 14 1:21.957
104.439mph
unknown
Pirelli  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
Ferrari 250 TR (#22) GTC-65 7 +5.517
99.465mph
7 +27L 9 1:27.343
97.998mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Pelle_B
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 250 TR (#124) GTC-65 1 1:20.538
106.279mph
8 +34L 2 1:23.824
102.113mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Ferrari 250 TR (#102) GTC-65 5 +3.092
102.349mph
9 2 1:24.568
101.214mph
unknown
Dunlop  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 12 The Fifties - Goodwood (Circuit) - Aug 21  (Read 7737 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: April 06, 2012, 11:52:24 AM +0100 »

All members welcome.

Grid/server capacity: 28

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (36 laps = ~50mins)

Download the Jag, Ferrari and Aston for the latest versions

Cars allowed: Aston Martin DBR1 Download this, Ferrari 250 Testarossa Download this, Jaguar D-Type Download this, Mercedes 300SL Download this, Maserati 450S Download this

Note: We won't be running the Maserati 5.7l version, Car No's 66, 133, 513 & 98 or the 1957 Jaguar D-type version, Car No's 3, 4, 15, 16 & 17.

Track: Goodwood GP Circuit Download this

Time of Day Setting: 18:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk FIFT
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) Driver lists can be found on the Championship standings page
(4) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.

Special Notes: There are no start lights, instead there is a starting marshal who waves a green flag to mark the start of the race. Flagman stands on LH side of track. Advise having countdown turned on.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 10:01:27 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 08:18:19 AM +0100 »

Bump  Wink

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 01:51:22 PM +0100 »

Grind  Cheesy

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2012, 10:44:59 AM +0100 »

Sorry guys, I joined the lobby to see if I could join your server without issues, and I found only a server named "simracing.org.uk TTT". Despite I have all the things installed properly for goodwood race, it says that I haven't the track installed and I can't join the server.

I guess it is set for the next race, instead of this one. Am I wrong?

Cu Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2012, 05:02:09 PM +0100 »

TTT is the triumph trophy I think. I don't have access to the server at the moment.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 05:40:39 PM +0100 »

Sorry guys, I joined the lobby to see if I could join your server without issues, and I found only a server named "simracing.org.uk TTT". Despite I have all the things installed properly for goodwood race, it says that I haven't the track installed and I can't join the server.

I guess it is set for the next race, instead of this one. Am I wrong?

Cu Smiley

Try now  Wink

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 10:01:40 PM +0100 »

Replay and results now posted.

Great event; thanks to all who turned out, really appreciated.

BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2012, 12:26:38 PM +0100 »

Thanks Tony for track/car combo.  Not my night I'm afraid - far to inconsistent.  Satisfied with lap times in qualifying but the race was terrrible.  On first flying lap went off and hit barrier letting Alex by, after that I just couldn't get the braking and line right for more than a couple of laps.  When I was lapped decided to pack in, driving was no fun and it had become a chore.  oops helpsmilie surrender Hit with a wet fish

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2012, 08:23:17 PM +0100 »

Unofficial LapChart

Another fine race with the supercars of yesteryear's. Turned out to be quite a international bunch of drivers...

Congrats to podium for showing amazing pace. Hat off for my fellow Aston driver. Could not match your pace.

Navin R Johnson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 02:03:24 AM +0100 »

Thought Pelle would check out at the beginning and probably would have if not for some bad luck Sad. Chased Manteos for a few laps. Was really great fun Grin. We had our spots on track where one was quicker than the other. Excellent close close battling but unfortunately exiting Lavant corner Manteos got very loose for a long time and although I was off the gas for some time I did not jump on the brakes thinking he would catch the slide in time to avoid the bump. Which did not happen and we touched lightly but enough to clear him off the road and possibly damage his front end a bit. I say damage because I waited for him giving back the lead but then entering the chicane he had more problems and seemed to hurt the car even more Huh. It was a real shame as I think we would of had a titanic battle being so close in pace. Manteos was more than gracious after the race and I know it was one of those race deals that can happen when racing so close but it is a missed opportunity for some real good action through the whole run. Which is why we do this, right? Cheesy After that I had a couple of drivers a few seconds behind me but was able to get into a pace that held them off and cruised to the end. This place has a great flow to it and it's one of those places where one can really get into the groove Smiley  Grats to Hristo and Tony. Another good turnout as well Cool.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 10:43:49 AM +0100 »

I joined too late for this one, so didn't have much time to learn the car and make a setup. That compromised my race pace and I simply didn't have an answer to the pace of Navin, Pelle and Manteos. Grats to Navin and all other finishers!

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 12:32:26 PM +0100 »

Chose to take the Aston for this one as it felt really planted on this circuit but was worried that I would be totally outclassed by the other makes. I have always found Goodwood to be a lovely track to drive and with the Aston it was a sublime experience. Even after the tyres started to go off the car was a joy to drive. If you haven't tried the Aston yet I would definitely suggest you give her a go.
Anyway the race was a little quiet for me with the fast guys up the road and a decent gap to my nearest rivals behind me so I was able to concentrate on the driving and being consistent. Not to say that I didn't have some offs but they were minor diversions and no damage was incurred.
At the end off the race I caught the wounded Ferrari of Manteos (or was he slowing to let me catch him?) and had a short race with him. Happy with the 3rd place (due to a higher than normal attrition rate) and the increasing numbers of drivers that this series is attracting.

Not tried the Fifties yet?

You should, it will make you realise how hard the driving was back then.

Commiserations again to Syd for his disco.

BTW don't think that you will all be able to drive Ferrari's next season. I'll have to set up some cunning plan to make you guys drive the other makes too.........Mhaa ha ha ha ha
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 12:34:12 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 01:51:59 PM +0100 »

"If in doubt... flat out"

Good start for me. First after the first corner, I had to leave the room on the inside to the brave Pelle, that passed me at the second corner. At the 2nd lap, Pelle did a mistake, and I took the lead. After some quiet laps, I let Navin close the gap by me, due to a picnic on the grass with my Ferrari. It was the start of a great battle, in which Navin was faster in some corners and slower in the others. After some good laps, in which I defended the lead very well, I did the omelette Grin
At the exit of the Lavant corner my car started a really dangerous power sliding pointing to the inside line, just where Navin was... After the appearance of the Holy Colin Mcrae suggesting me to flat out, I decided to follow his advice, and I almost recovered the control of my car, but Navin was too close to avoid a small contact with me, and I lost it going into the "concrete tyres", damaging my car very badly Angry.
The car was not the same by that moment. Navin decided to wait me, even though I knew that he wasn't to blame for the contact. I really appreciated your fairness and the attempt to extend the battle Smiley Unfortunately at the chicane, I understood that my car was not the same, and I banged on the barriers. Hristo was coming back, and Navin correctly decided to go on with his race this time.
By that moment, I lost any motivation to go on til the checkered flag. I had some issues almost every lap, driving my car listlessly.
With 2 or 3 laps to go, I received a phone call, and I was talking and driving with the headphones rested on my neck, for about a minute, avoiding to damage the other drivers on the track.
When I saw that Tony had passed me, I instantly closed the conversation, and I tried to pass him with success after some corners. Even this time my car didn't react as I would expect, and I've lost the control for the umpteenth time Grin. Tony passed me again, and when I saw Navin coming in my mirrors, I decided to lose another lap and finish this agony Grin

However, it was a real fun 'til it lasted Navin. Thank you mate!
Grats even to Hristo and Tony for the podium  Smiley

Hope to see you for the next, cause I really like these cars Wink

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2012, 12:10:41 AM +0100 »

I had huge difficulties with the tires in the latter stages of the race. The rears were just about gone or at least felt like it, and I could hardly stay on the track in the last few laps, doing half spins and going off almost each corner. Cars were fun, but I'm not sure the tires are meant to last such a distance, at least on the Fezza.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2012, 08:58:36 AM +0100 »

I had huge difficulties with the tires in the latter stages of the race. The rears were just about gone or at least felt like it, and I could hardly stay on the track in the last few laps, doing half spins and going off almost each corner. Cars were fun, but I'm not sure the tires are meant to last such a distance, at least on the Fezza.

But as you stated in an earlier post, you hardly had time to do a proper setup. Perhaps, with more time, you could of done something to prevent such rapid tyre wear?
Did any of the other Ferrari drivers suffer such an occurence in tyre wear?

I personally think that the tyre wear is modelled effectively well. After all these cars used cross ply tyres that were probably standard issue road tyres. If you watch footage from the fifties, and there is some good stuff at Goodwood  Wink the cars would pit very often for tyres but not for fuel.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com