Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 25, 2024, 10:59:15 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTR2 Fiesta ST test race: May 02, 2012
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Ford Fiesta ST TEST race - May 2  (Read 4342 times)
quicksilver384
« on: April 27, 2012, 06:02:26 PM +0100 »

All members welcome

Practice 1: 20:00 BST (20 mins)
Qual 2:      20:20 BST (10 mins)
Race:        20:30 BST (20 mins)- note: no warm up!

Cars allowed: Any Ford Fiesta from the Ford Fiesta ST mod.

Track: UKGTR Donington GP 2004

Race Start Time: 14:00

Server: simracing.org.uk Test
Password: see above

Hello.

There will be a test race for a Ford Fiesta ST mod on Wednesday evening 2nd May on GTR2.

It will just be a short race but could do with as many drivers as possible to test this mod out.

Please note that this car has been tested offline by me but not online in a race so I would advise using a clean install or an install that you dont mind if something unexpected happens to it.

Please feel free to ask if I you have any questions or think that I have missed any information out.

Thanks. John.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 05:28:35 PM +0100 by quicksilver384 » Logged
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 10:40:45 AM +0100 »

Do we need the UKGTR modifcations to this mod? just wondering. Have copied just the Gamedata folder into mine and can see the cars under UKGTR 3rd party in the list.

I take it this is what was causing issues so do we install it or not before tongith?

Interesting cars, little slow for my liking and wont suit longer tracks without sitting on limiter. 6th gear would be nice!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 11:00:16 AM +0100 by spanner » Logged

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
quicksilver384
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 11:09:35 AM +0100 »

That was the problem with the server last night.

The cars haven't been tested online yet. Either you can wait and add the cars after tonight's race or add them to a separate install. I have one with them on and it runs fine.

The cars are slow but the tracks I have in mine are shorter ones, I think the longest one I can get round in about 1.30.
quicksilver384
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2012, 12:44:11 PM +0100 »

Hey guys.

An update for tonight's test race.

The server is called Simracing.org.uk Test
Password : Usual Practice password.

I kind of messed up the mod when I packaged it so we will not be able to use it, However you can download the standard mod HERE.

Although it is a standalone mod, I would still recommend installing onto a NON UKGTR install just to be sure there will no compatibility issues.

You will need to install the UKGTR Track pack from HERE as we are using the UKGTR Donnington Park GP 2004 track from there.

I hope to see you on the server.

I will post up a bit later just to confirm the start time.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2012, 12:58:41 PM +0100 »

An official race announcement page would be useful.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
quicksilver384
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2012, 01:03:36 PM +0100 »

1ST Post Updated.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 03:19:12 PM +0100 by quicksilver384 » Logged
nsfast

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2012, 08:34:57 PM +0100 »

Sorry to miss this. Just got back in from work.  Sad
b_1_rd
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2012, 09:07:36 PM +0100 »

Good fun.

Cars are great little racers and handle well.

Shame I ran low on fuel but that'll teach me to trust the fuel recommendation! Gave me a practice pit-stop anyway, that I did wrong lol!

Thanks for the race.

Steve

Remember, you’re an individual, just like everyone else.
quicksilver384
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2012, 09:16:21 PM +0100 »

Thanks to everyone who made it tonight.

It was a great test, and I think it went well.

Please feel free to leave feedback on this mod (both good and bad). If you would prefer to leave the feedback via PM rather than here then please feel free to do so.

It is totally different racing in these cars to the GT and LMP cars, the rear end is quite lively especially on lift off into a corner but can throw them into the corners well.

Thanks guys.
Liam Fassam

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2012, 09:35:02 PM +0100 »

I couldnt make tonight, but will download and give it a spn and come back with some fb on it.

I like these smaller "lower" series.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2012, 08:55:46 AM +0100 »

I guess there quite similiar to the Race07 cars in their behavior, a ittle under powered for my liking and certainly dont feel as grippy as the wtcc cars, i guess there on road tyres?

With the diff settings ( which seem to be common to many fwd addon cars for some reason) i was finding you almost dont want to brake normally, leave it as late as possible as when you lift off you can turn the car then get back on the power again. I guess you do lose out after the corner but it should help to keep the corner speed up.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2012, 05:10:30 PM +0100 »

I've done an experimental installer here; for the most part the files are completely independent from everything else, with the exception of the championship/classes files which could potentially clash with another mod's.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
quicksilver384
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2012, 06:11:07 PM +0100 »

Ahh excellent chears. I don't know what I done to it but I must have messed up somewhere lol. Did you just package the circuit cars or the rally ones too? The only ones that are needed are the circuit ones. Unless compatibility issues arise of course.

The test race went well, H@L is going to check the results file and I believe that will be it just about ready.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2012, 07:05:37 PM +0100 »

Ahh excellent chears. I don't know what I done to it but I must have messed up somewhere lol. Did you just package the circuit cars or the rally ones too? The only ones that are needed are the circuit ones. Unless compatibility issues arise of course.

I just chucked the whole thing in, minus the templates.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
quicksilver384
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2012, 07:06:29 PM +0100 »

ahh fair enough. Chears for sorting it. Any idea what I done wrong??
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com