by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 18, 2024, 02:33:41 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL Problems with Windows 7 Professional  (Read 5100 times)
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« on: February 28, 2014, 12:05:45 PM +0000 »

Tony my problems were all aired on the Mantorp forum and it seemed to me, with continuing problems, I ought to start a new one here.

Before my software engineer neighbour arrive I'd been trying to run GTL to show him how the steering wheel is programed in GTL and how my setting would not remain unchanged.

Surprise, surprise it all worked perfectly (using Erling's suggested fix) and I was able to log onto the default German Server and drive on the open race track.  I drove both Mini and Cortina with no problems - every worked perfectly even the programed Chats.  Went back to offline practice and was able to drive successfully on a new first level track (a long French track beginning with M I think).

I exited and copied the LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT file we use and went to the working GTL installation to paste over the  LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT  file.  Then it all turned to worms there was NO  LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT file in the GTL root to paste it into.  Roll Eyes Huh So we tried pasteing the copied file into the root and ran GTL all went OK until we tried to go on line when designated server was not found/available (not certain on exact words).

We then spent a couple of hours trying new installations from both my original copy of the GTLDK file I'd successfully used previously and a new download obtained via Pelle on the GTLDK website.

Each time we did not have the  LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.TXT or is it initially LOCAL LOBBY file.

So my question really is what is the file name originally and how does it get installed?

Am continuing meanwhile to keep trying.  Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2014, 12:16:02 PM +0000 »

I wish you good fortune Bill.
I have at least 3 installs of GTL and all were pointing at the pilsbiere site and would connect and everything worked fine
I have not been able to get any of my old GTL installs to use the simbin lobby, I have created/copied/danced around
a cauldron muttering incantations, I have added the name and the IP for the simbin server and it never connects to
it. This was not a two minute game, I spent a couple of frustrating weeks with it, and eventually gave in and
got GTL from Steam. When I want to add tracks/cars I just install them in the c:\program files x86\steam\steam apps\common\GTL directory and create a link to the GTL.exe in that directory to run it rather than fire up Steam, (which I hate with a passion.)
The Steam version comes with the correct server built in so there is no messing with LOCAL_IP_LOBBY files.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 12:16:42 PM +0000 »

I have noticed that a lot of my GTL installs no longer contain the LOBBY_IP.TXT file but seem to find the Simbin lobby ok. This is a mystery to me.

There is a post somewhere about changing from the Altbierbude lobby to the Simbin one. I will try to track it down and post a link here.

Incidently the LOBBY_IP.TXT file is usually fine for doing the lobby switch.

EDIT: Just read elsewhere that you only need the LOBBY.TXT file in your initial install GTL main folder. All the GTL install copies don't require it. Never knew that.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2014, 12:39:40 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 12:36:44 PM +0000 »

Here is the info I found about switching lobbies

Here is some instructions for how to switch lobby in GT Legends. I suggest trying the instructions for Digital version first, as this one has been tested and works both for Digital and DVD version

New digital version of GT Legends
 Switch from Simbin to Altbierbude:
 1.Write down your current Username and Password for the Simbin lobby for future reference. If you don't remember it you can find it in Userdata\"Name"\Name.PLR (just search for password in the file)
2.Move the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" away from the main GTL directory and keep it somewhere safe. Also move backup files of LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt if you have any.
3.Launch GTL
4.Go to Multiplayer->Internet and click Register. Select a different Username and Password than your old one. Click the arrow (not login button) to register. If you don't get "Registration Successful" at first, try a few different usernames/passwords.
5.When you have registered successfully, you will be taken to the login screen. It will still show your old Simbin Username so you first have to replace it with your new Username and Password. If you login successfully you should then log into the Altbierbude lobby.
6.If it didn't work, try to register with a new username

Switching back to Simbin:
 1.Move the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" back to the GTL main directory
2.Launch GTL
3.Go to Multiplayer->Internet and login with your old Simbin Username and Password

Alternative instructions for DVD version of GT Legends
 1.Write down your current Username and Password for the Simbin lobby for future reference. If you don't remember it you can find it in Userdata\"Name"\Name.PLR (just search for password in the file)
2.Make a backup of "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" located in your main GTL directory. If the file doesn't exist, create it.
3.In the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" delete the old content and write 94.23.231.41
4.Launch GTL
5.Go to Multiplayer->Internet and click Register. Select a different Username and Password than your old one. Click the arrow (not login button) to register. If you don't get "Registration Successful" at first, try a few different usernames/passwords.
6.When you have registered successfully, you will be taken to the login screen. It will still show your old Simbin Username so you first have to replace it with your new Username and Password. If you login successfully you should then log into the Altbierbude lobby.
7.If it didn't work, try to register with a new username

1.Open the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" located in the GTL main directory. Delete the old content and write gtlsrv.race-game.com
2.Launch GTL
3.Go to Multiplayer->Internet and login with your old Simbin Username and Password

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 03:17:14 PM +0000 »

I wish you good fortune Bill.
I have at least 3 installs of GTL and all were pointing at the pilsbiere site and would connect and everything worked fine
I have not been able to get any of my old GTL installs to use the simbin lobby, I have created/copied/danced around
a cauldron muttering incantations, I have added the name and the IP for the simbin server and it never connects to
it. This was not a two minute game, I spent a couple of frustrating weeks with it, and eventually gave in and
got GTL from Steam. When I want to add tracks/cars I just install them in the c:\program files x86\steam\steam apps\common\GTL directory and create a link to the GTL.exe in that directory to run it rather than fire up Steam, (which I hate with a passion.)
The Steam version comes with the correct server built in so there is no messing with LOCAL_IP_LOBBY files.

Thanks Matt, nice to know it's not me cracking up.  Looks like solution is to buy the Steam Version but I seem to remember drivers had problems with that as well.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 03:24:12 PM +0000 »

Here is the info I found about switching lobbies

Here is some instructions for how to switch lobby in GT Legends. I suggest trying the instructions for Digital version first, as this one has been tested and works both for Digital and DVD version

New digital version of GT Legends
2.Move the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" away from the main GTL directory and keep it somewhere safe. Also move backup files of LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt if you have any.
3.Launch GTL
4.Go to Multiplayer->Internet and click Register. Select a different Username and Password than your old one. Click the arrow (not login button) to register. If you don't get "Registration Successful" at first, try a few different usernames/passwords.
5.When you have registered successfully, you will be taken to the login screen. It will still show your old Simbin Username so you first have to replace it with your new Username and Password. If you login successfully you should then log into the Altbierbude lobby.
6.If it didn't work, try to register with a new username

1.Move the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" back to the GTL main directory
2.Launch GTL

Alternative instructions for DVD version of GT Legends
2.Make a backup of "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" located in your main GTL directory. If the file doesn't exist, create it.
3.In the "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" delete the old content and write 94.23.231.41
4.Launch GTL
5.Go to Multiplayer->Internet and click Register. Select a different Username and Password than your old one. Click the arrow (not login button) to register. If you don't get "Registration Successful" at first, try a few different usernames/passwords.
6.When you have registered successfully, you will be taken to the login screen. It will still show your old Simbin Username so you first have to replace it with your new Username and Password. If you login successfully you should then log into the Altbierbude lobby.
7.If it didn't work, try to register with a new username

1.Open the file "LOCAL_IP_LOBBY.txt" located in the GTL main directory. Delete the old content and write gtlsrv.race-game.com
2.Launch GTL

Thanks for all your research but at a quick look see it all seems to be from SinBin to Altbierbude lobby and then switch back again - not Altbierbude Lobby to SinBin lobby.  Will look at again over weekend when I'm fresh and have more time.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2014, 06:34:34 PM +0000 »

When I want to add tracks/cars I just install them in the c:\program files x86\steam\steam apps\common\GTL directory and create a link to the GTL.exe in that directory to run it rather than fire up Steam, (which I hate with a passion.)

Thanks Matt have Monday's Ring 70s installed and working.  Have a separated GTL Shortcut which cuts out steam.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2014, 06:41:24 PM +0000 »

Tony have used your Information on the Problems with Steam.  Eventually using the Xpsp3 compatibility mode and running GTL.exe as administrator eventually I got onto the SinBin Server without having to use the GTL Registration Key.  I tried to join the SROU Monday track but it then asks for Password, which isn't my SROU one.  What is this - our Sever IP or what?  Huh
« Last Edit: March 01, 2014, 06:47:37 PM +0000 by BillThomas » Logged

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2014, 08:14:55 PM +0000 »

What's asking for your password, the lobby or GTL?

BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2014, 06:09:52 AM +0000 »

I get into SinBin Lobby OK but when I try get onto the SROU Monday server to run GTL I get asked to enter Password.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2014, 11:34:43 AM +0000 »

Have Xd working OK but how do I change to imperial measurements please?

Also I assume that we only have the one GTL installation on Steam Apps or is it possible to copy, and use the copy, leaving original copy as a Master Copy in case of Problems.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2014, 12:08:01 PM +0000 »

I get into SinBin Lobby OK but when I try get onto the SROU Monday server to run GTL I get asked to enter Password.

Looks like it's GTL asking for your online code. Are you using GTLDK's GTL or Steam download?

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2014, 12:10:36 PM +0000 »

Also I assume that we only have the one GTL installation on Steam Apps or is it possible to copy, and use the copy, leaving original copy as a Master Copy in case of Problems.

Find XD.ini in your main GTL folder. Open it with Notepad. Look for MeasurementUnits and change value to 0 (1 = Metric)

Goldtop posted somewhere about multiple GTL installs using Steam GTL. He can answer this. Maybe send him a pm? He probably knows the answer to the code question or look here for possible answers https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=12190.msg218913#msg218913
« Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 12:13:39 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2014, 01:51:44 PM +0000 »

Find XD.ini in your main GTL folder. Open it with Notepad. Look for MeasurementUnits and change value to 0 (1 = Metric)

Goldtop posted somewhere about multiple GTL installs using Steam GTL. He can answer this. Maybe send him a pm? He probably knows the answer to the code question or look here for possible answers https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=12190.msg218913#msg218913

Well that is the simple part really. IIRC all I did was to copy the GT Legends folder from steamapps to my C drive and rename it to GTL Clean. No need to put it inside the programs folder or any other folder, in fact I think I recall doing so can create problems  Undecided

After I carried out all the necessary tweaks, I then used this GTL Clean install as a base to make installs for different series.

Sorting out those tweaks was a nightmare though and tbh I can't remember the procedures I tried and what eventually worked for me.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
BillThomas

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2014, 02:06:31 PM +0000 »

Well that is the simple part really. IIRC all I did was to copy the GT Legends folder from steamapps to my C drive and rename it to GTL Clean. No need to put it inside the programs folder or any other folder, in fact I think I recall doing so can create problems  Undecided

After I carried out all the necessary tweaks, I then used this GTL Clean install as a base to make installs for different series.

Sorting out those tweaks was a nightmare though and tbh I can't remember the procedures I tried and what eventually worked for me.

Thanks Tudor, when I tried after first install it, it wouldn't copy (or perhaps I think I may have tried to move it to my G Drive).  In any event I lost it until I'd rebooted when it came back again.

Have all my earlier setting etc on a USB Drive.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com