The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 09:37:46 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 23th July 2014 - Xbow vs Lotus 2/11 at Aosta  (Read 6402 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: July 18, 2014, 09:26:16 AM +0100 »

Booking: From 19:00 (BST) (60 mins)
Practice: 20:00 (15 mins)
Qual : 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 18 Laps (approx 30 mins)

Cars allowed: KTM Xbow, Lotus 2/11
Track: Aosta Grand Sport 2.0 (download from http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/aosta-grand-sport.2521/ no registration required)
Time of Day Setting: 15:00
Weather: Dry
Start: Standing

Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: simracing.org.uk
Password: Our usual practise password

All drivers must be booked in to race before booking closes at 20:00 UK time.

SROUK proudly presents a series of weekly fun races using a variety of track/car combos in Assetto Corsa early access. There will be no moderation of events or posting of results but drivers are of course encouraged to uphold our usual standards of excellent driving to ensure maximum enjoyment for all.

Have fun  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 09:32:59 AM +0100 »

Aosta is one of the fictional tracks from nKPro that has been converted to AC. It takes a bit of learning for those who are not familiar but a few laps with the AI in quick race will soon have you flying around. It is tremendous fun!

The Xbow and Lotus are very well matched over a lap but with different strengths and should therefore produce some excellent racing.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 10:45:15 AM +0100 »

eek, new car and new track to learn  Shocked  I start a new job next week so really not sure if I will get any spare time, but will try!

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 12:12:00 PM +0100 »

Grin   Another brilliant combo, good track, evenly matched cars =good racing.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 04:35:47 PM +0100 »

same time Wednesday for more battling then Bob  Wink

Worth spreading the news about these regular wednesday races. Am sure there are plenty of good racers getting frustrated with the public servers or lack of race action. Stick a notice on No-grip and Gamers Crib, RD etc  Smiley  Would offer but spare time is zilch currently.

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2014, 07:03:44 PM +0100 »

I have created a "pickup" race server @ ChrisR Race Server - simracing.org.uk practice where you can just come and go as you please and change your car as you please...

the server will be on most of the night each night (unless we fancy driving something else to break it up a little)for anyone to come and go as they please.

Qualifying will be set to 1 hour and a 4 lap race on a Loop.

Server is on now btw.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2014, 08:18:54 PM +0100 »

I have created a "pickup" race server @ ChrisR Race Server - simracing.org.uk practice where you can just come and go as you please and change your car as you please...

the server will be on most of the night each night (unless we fancy driving something else to break it up a little)for anyone to come and go as they please.

Qualifying will be set to 1 hour and a 4 lap race on a Loop.

Server is on now btw.

Thanks Chris. I'll jump on some time over the weekend and see this new system works.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2014, 11:16:44 AM +0100 »

I'm struggling here with this update and the dedi-server Sad ChrisR, is your server still up because I can't see it in the server list? Interestingly I can only see our club server during the first session after I've started the server.

Also this "pickup" system is still as messed up in its own ways. You have to preallocate the cars, thus whoever sets up the server decides which cars / skins will be available in what quantity, what happens if every wants to run the Xbow? You can't because I've had to preallocate and I've done it ~ 50/50.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2014, 07:16:40 PM +0100 »

Friday's update seems to have created as many problems as it's solved  Undecided

The track has a limit of 16 pitboxes so presumably that means only 16 drivers which would be ok under normal conditions. However with this nonsense of having to preallocate the cars we now have a problem. For this race I suggest that we post up our car choice so that have an idea of numbers. I'll be in the Xbow We might have to limit future races to single car events until this mess is sorted out  Sad

I tested the server this afternoon and was able to join ok in race session  Roll Eyes I think it was our server and not Chris' as the password had been remembered on there. Unfortunately it appears that we can't set the server to prevent this so it might be best to still use the booking system for now. Let me know what you think Pete.

One thing this update hasn't included is the ability to limit driving aids or damage/wear on the server. This means that we are able to run our cars with full driving aids and without tyre wear or fuel consumption. Obviously I urge drivers to not take advantage of this. The Xbow has ABS available in real life and is still available in game even if you switch it off in the driving aids. For this reason it is allowed and can be enabled/disabled on track by Ctrl>A  Wink

Moantime: Why the hell have they spent the last month fuddling around with stupid graphic options that make little or no difference to this game when they could have been sorting this lot out  Angry

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2014, 07:44:00 PM +0100 »

For this race I suggest that we post up our car choice so that have an idea of numbers. I'll be in the Xbow We might have to limit future races to single car events until this mess is sorted out  Sad
In reality this is only a problem for practice as we can go back to the booking system for the real event. The agro in that is remembering to manage the entries INI file as well as the server config one.

I tested the server this afternoon and was able to join ok in race session  Roll Eyes I think it was our server and not Chris' as the password had been remembered on there. Unfortunately it appears that we can't set the server to prevent this so it might be best to still use the booking system for now. Let me know what you think Pete.
I don't have a problem people joining mid race, strange as that may sound. I assume you started from the pits? I'd not like that on a public server as I expect people to join mid race to be those that would go around driving backwards and crashing in to people. We're all too mature for that Wink You'd also get little or no points as you'll be potentially laps down when you 'start' your race. It does allow people to reconnect if their link drops at the penalty of a 'lengthy pitstop'

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2014, 08:07:33 PM +0100 »

I don't have a problem people joining mid race, strange as that may sound. I assume you started from the pits? I'd not like that on a public server as I expect people to join mid race to be those that would go around driving backwards and crashing in to people. We're all too mature for that Wink You'd also get little or no points as you'll be potentially laps down when you 'start' your race. It does allow people to reconnect if their link drops at the penalty of a 'lengthy pitstop'

When I joined in race session I was put straight onto the grid  Roll Eyes

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2014, 08:14:26 PM +0100 »

I wonder if that's because you were the only car?

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2014, 08:20:58 PM +0100 »

I wonder if that's because you were the only car?

Yes, quite possibly.

I've had a moan about all this on the AC forum so I'm expecting a box full of hate mail quite soon  laugh

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2014, 09:00:14 AM +0100 »

My server is up now

8 xbow and 8 2/11 for everyone to practice on.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 09:02:07 AM +0100 by ChrisR » Logged

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2014, 10:10:07 AM +0100 »

Anyone got a target laptime yet? Don't know track or car so bit of a leap into the unknown.

Will jump on your server in about half hour thanks Chris.  Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com