by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 07:03:36 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Would you be likely to attend?  (Voting closed: August 22, 2014, 12:55:34 PM +0100)
YES (if I'm able to) - 8 (100%)
NO (I have other plans) - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 8

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL Christmas special event  (Read 5102 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2014, 12:55:34 PM +0100 »

Hi Drivers,

Monday 29th December is available for a GTL Christmas special event. Please vote in the poll above if you think you would like to attend. I realise that Christmas is a busy time for some folk and that plans have yet to be made but vote yes if there is a chance that you can make it please.

As we may possibly have a smallish grid I thought instead of the traditional epic enduro (there will be enough of them in Season 15  Wink) we could run three, short, single spec, sprint races with the results combined to create one overall winner.

Now here's where you could help............

What cars should we use? Any suggestions? Maybe a standard car that's been gathering dust in the garage and could do with a quick blast. Or perhaps one of the Mod cars from our library? Please post below with your suggestions.

And don't be shy if there's a track you think would be appropriate for this event. Just remember that they need to provide at least 10 laps of racing in approximately 20mins.

I'm looking forward to reading your suggestions

Cheers

WT

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 10:04:41 AM +0100 »

Hi there Tony. Good idea.
Well, we did a one off race with TVR vs Elan last season. Maybe we can run something similar with some more cars like E-types, Stingray vettes, Daytona Coupe, Alpine A110? Or a single spec with something wild like a Porsche 935?..

As for tracks go. How about the Assen TT track? Grin i believe it is available from NG.

School is important, but race cars are importanter
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 11:46:33 AM +0100 »

Not sure yet whether I will be around, but maybe old Rouen with less powerful cars? Tina/Mini/Alfa types

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2014, 12:39:15 PM +0100 »

Well, we did a one off race with TVR vs Elan last season. Maybe we can run something similar with some more cars like E-types, Stingray vettes, Daytona Coupe, Alpine A110? Or a single spec with something wild like a Porsche 935?..

As for tracks go. How about the Assen TT track? Grin i believe it is available from NG.
The GTC-65 'vettes and Daytona Coupe are long overdue an appearance. I'd like to put them together at, say, Barber Motorsport short circuit. If the E-types were a decent match I'd happily through them in the mix too.
I'd avoid the Porsche 935, it's too tough and it will probably turn off most drivers.
Assen TT might be on the long side for these events?

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2014, 12:40:30 PM +0100 »

I'd like to suggest the Aston Martin DB4 at Goodwood.

EDIT: Car choice revised
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:58:09 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2014, 12:41:37 PM +0100 »

Not sure yet whether I will be around, but maybe old Rouen with less powerful cars? Tina/Mini/Alfa types
Maybe Postal's suggestion of using the Renault Alpine would work at this track?

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 12:42:55 PM +0100 »

Keep the suggestions coming. We can have a poll later to decide the final three combo's

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2014, 12:57:27 PM +0100 »

The GTC-65 'vettes and Daytona Coupe are long overdue an appearance. I'd like to put them together at, say, Barber Motorsport short circuit. If the E-types were a decent match I'd happily through them in the mix too.
I'd avoid the Porsche 935, it's too tough and it will probably turn off most drivers.
Assen TT might be on the long side for these events?

Something from the GTC65 class would be good. Vette, Daytona Coupe, TVR, 289 Cobra, F275 GTB/C are pretty evenly matched (would probably make a good series  Wink) I'd prefer an endurance to 3 sprints though tbh.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2014, 02:04:58 PM +0100 »

Hmm looking at the poll it seems like nobody has any plans for Christmas?! Tongue

[/quote]

Something from the GTC65 class would be good. Vette, Daytona Coupe, TVR, 289 Cobra, F275 GTB/C are pretty evenly matched (would probably make a good series  Wink) I'd prefer an endurance to 3 sprints though tbh.
[/quote]

Thinking about it i guess i am in favour of an endurance type race also. Gives me time to focus on a particular car and not having to cope with 3 different ones. The cars mentioned above are looking quite alright!  (If endurance is going to be the case, please reconsider the Assen track. it is fast and flowing with good overtaking possibility's)

Cheers

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2014, 07:27:37 PM +0100 »

Ok, hows about this then.................our Christmas Special Championship could consist of three Sprint races and one Enduro.

The race on Monday 22nd December has not been booked into LM2 yet so we could make that either the sprint event or the Enduro, you can decide which way around you want them.

It would mean that the next round of the L14SSSC would now be the final round.

Let me know your thoughts please.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2014, 08:26:43 PM +0100 »

I'm easy either way Tony. Your call as far as I'm concerned....I'm sure as many will turn up as can whatever you put on for us  thumbup1

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 11:45:23 AM +0100 »

I'm easy either way Tony. Your call as far as I'm concerned....I'm sure as many will turn up as can whatever you put on for us  thumbup1

Think I'd be leaning towards running the Enduro first, followed by the sprints. Not cast in stone tho so every ones opinions still most welcome.

SortedGeeza

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2014, 07:32:34 PM +0100 »

Logged in to see what tonights race is, gutted theres nothing happening and the seasons over, i missed the last 3 races !
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2014, 07:52:28 PM +0100 »

Tonights race is here:
https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=12019#event3803
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2014, 06:22:11 AM +0100 »

I'm happy to race any format.

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust