The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 03:47:30 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 30th July 2014 - GT Track Test Silverstone Int'l  (Read 6493 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2014, 09:07:09 PM +0100 »

Booking: From 19:00 (BST) (60 mins)
Practice: 20:00 (15 mins)
Qual : 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 28 Laps (approx 30 mins)

Cars allowed: BMW Z4 GT3, McLaren MP4-12C GT3, Lotus Evora GTC, Lotus Evora GX.
Track: Silverstone International
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry
Start: Standing

Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server: simracing.org.uk
Password: Our usual practise password

All drivers must be booked in to race before booking closes at 20:00 UK time.

SROUK proudly presents a series of weekly fun races using a variety of track/car combos in Assetto Corsa early access. There will be no moderation of events or posting of results but drivers are of course encouraged to uphold our usual standards of excellent driving to ensure maximum enjoyment for all.

Have fun  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2014, 09:10:31 PM +0100 »

This race is specifically to test the dynamic track settings and your post race feedback will be appreciated.

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2014, 09:20:04 PM +0100 »

What's the track setting going to be?

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2014, 09:50:22 AM +0100 »

A practice server is up, for this test the current track settings are

SESSION_START=85
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=10
SESSION_TRANSFER=0

Note that damage, tyre wear and fuel consumption are all set at 100% of the server too.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2014, 09:52:42 AM +0100 »

Nice, look forward to it Smiley

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2014, 09:55:28 AM +0100 »

if you leave session_transfer=0 does it transfer the grip from prac to qual to race or does it restart each session?

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2014, 10:12:48 AM +0100 »

if you leave session_transfer=0 does it transfer the grip from prac to qual to race or does it restart each session?

I believe this means that each session would start at 85% having had 0% transfer of grip from the previous session. This is a nice simple setting to start our tests and we can explore further options in future races. I think there will be lots of development in this area from AC over the coming weeks and there are also whisperings of more complex tyre modelling being developed  Cool

Edit: Just to add that with the server set as above, if we have 10 drivers lapping the grip should build up by 1% each lap so around lap 15 we should be reaching optimal grip levels (optimum being the level at which we have been racing up till now). More drivers = quicker to build up, less drivers = the track will take longer to reach optimum grip.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:22:58 AM +0100 by goldtop » Logged

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2014, 10:59:34 AM +0100 »

A practice server is up, for this test the current track settings are

It's on the wrong Silverstone  Wink

my apps and settings
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2014, 11:14:56 AM +0100 »

Doh

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2014, 11:21:03 AM +0100 »

Hopefully that's fixed now

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2014, 11:23:28 AM +0100 »

Just been on the server (with the full GP track) to test out the grip and car, Jester was there too.

Not sure if grip improves in qually over praccy but I pumped in a 2second quicker laptime in qually than I managed in practise!  Shocked  2:15.1 praccy, 2:13.07 in qualifying sesh  Smiley
Cars feel properly 'on it' around here and you really have to push to be quick. Great fun  Cool

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2014, 03:21:22 PM +0100 »

Just been on the server (with the full GP track) to test out the grip and car, Jester was there too.

Not sure if grip improves in qually over praccy but I pumped in a 2second quicker laptime in qually than I managed in practise!  Shocked  2:15.1 praccy, 2:13.07 in qualifying sesh  Smiley
Cars feel properly 'on it' around here and you really have to push to be quick. Great fun  Cool

I think you just got more used to the car, track and grip level, the track indication for quali was 85% grip same as pracci.

my apps and settings
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2014, 04:12:21 PM +0100 »

ive got a server running on a loop.

ChrisR Race Server - simracing.org.uk practice server
password = 12345

10 mins - prac
10 mins - qual
5 lap race.

damage is on, fuel and tyre wear on 100%

ive set it to startgrip to 85% and ive made it so it doesnt transfer over so you can see the changes..

ive done a lot of real life track time and i think that 85% start grip is too low, i will play about with it and see if i can find a value more realistic then i will offer my findings here for consideration.

ive noticed aswell that the track actually rubbers in with a darker line.. it isnt dynamic as the track grip stays the same all over the track but its nice to see.

Lap 1

Lap 2

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2014, 04:54:15 PM +0100 »

That's pretty impressive Chris, hadn't noticed the track visually rubbering up like that but I'll pay more attention next time I practise. Do you need any special settings such as max world detail in order to see that?

Regards the 85% starting grip, it just seemed like a nice figure to start from; not so low as it feels like ice driving but low enough to discern a build up over a few laps. It's early days for this feature and I expect (hope) it to develop into something more sophisticated in the coming weeks.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2014, 05:29:01 PM +0100 »

Cool,  Cool  I thought I noticed that too earlier on a couple of corners but thought my eyes were deceiving me! Nice touch. I also thought the track was getting grippier as it rubbered in  Undecided but sounds like it's not dynamic yet, be even better when it is.
Actually, thinking about it, I found the track grip wasn't the same all over the surface. Try going off the racing line and it seemed less grip to me to the point of being noticeable...unless it was a placebo effect! Interesting.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 05:32:25 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com