The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 08:07:06 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 27th August 2014 - Ferrari Challenge at Mugello  (Read 2987 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: August 22, 2014, 05:22:51 PM +0100 »

Booking: From 19:00 (BST) (60 mins)
Practice: 20:00 (15 mins)
Qual : 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 16 Laps (approx 30 mins)

Cars allowed: F458 Italia S3
Track: Mugello
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry
Start: Rolling

Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=95
SESSION_TRANSFER=50
RANDOMNESS=
LAP_GAIN=20

Server: simracing.org.uk
Password: Our usual practise password

All drivers must be booked in to race before booking closes at 20:00 UK time.

SROUK proudly presents a series of weekly fun races using a variety of track/car combos in Assetto Corsa early access. There will be no moderation of events or posting of results but drivers are of course encouraged to uphold our usual standards of excellent driving to ensure maximum enjoyment for all.

Have fun  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2014, 05:41:27 PM +0100 »

Please note that this race will be a rolling start following a formation lap and the procedure is as follows:

In the absence of a pace car it will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably. There should be no overtaking. The pole sitter should then slow down approaching the final turn to bunch up the field. On the exit of the final turn it is the pole sitter's choice when to go and all drivers should then follow. No overtaking is allowed before the completion of the formation lap.

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2014, 06:28:27 PM +0100 »

Is a rolling start implemented in AC, or is it by our own volition?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 06:31:39 PM +0100 by Jester » Logged

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2014, 06:52:56 PM +0100 »

Is a rolling start implemented in AC, or is it by our own volition?

As GT says

In the absence of a pace car it will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably.

There is no game enforced pace lap, hence pole sitter's responsibility. This is actually what we do in out GTR2 leagues although there we insist the pole setter puts the pit limiter on to slow the pack up (everyone ) and can only release it at the start/finish line. Everyone else following suit with their limiters on and they go once the car immediately in front on them goes. I'm not sure we can do this later bit in AC (?)

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2014, 06:59:16 PM +0100 »

There is no game enforced pace lap, hence pole sitter's responsibility. This is actually what we do in out GTR2 leagues although there we insist the pole setter puts the pit limiter on to slow the pack up (everyone ) and can only release it at the start/finish line. Everyone else following suit with their limiters on and they go once the car immediately in front on them goes. I'm not sure we can do this later bit in AC (?)

No manual pit limiter in AC as yet AFAIK so I just tried to keep things as close as I could to our usual procedure. There is a rolling start in the RL Ferrari Challenge series so I thought it would be nice to replicate this (along with the actual race length).

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2014, 07:20:20 PM +0100 »

Practice server available

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 01:40:43 PM +0100 »

Just got back from Italy so in right mood for Ferraris at an Italian track!
Got no practise to do it justice but will join the fun anyway.  Smiley

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2014, 07:17:26 PM +0100 »

Subscription time again folks, please give generously  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2014, 07:00:53 PM +0100 »

Server up & accepting bookings

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2014, 08:44:47 AM +0100 »

Enjoyed that. One of my favourite cars in AC which motivated me to do some practise and to explore the setup options which I'd not really done until now. Race went well with only one little hiccup on the penultimate lap when I was chasing my pb and nice to get my first win in AC.

There's a big update due this Friday so next week's race might not get posted until later in the weekend. Thanks to those who turned out and for Pete's work behind the scenes  Cool

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2014, 09:17:36 AM +0100 »

Echoing GT's comments, thoroughly enjoyed that last night, the Fezza feels sublime in AC  Cool
Not having touched AC in two weeks nor having turned a lap of praccy I expected to be plumb last but the car handled so naturally that I quickly got upto speed and spent the qually session always in the top 4 Smiley
Had hoped to give Erik a good race as we seemed on similar pace but after a couple of laps close behind him I had a brain fart at T1 and kept using the wrong brake marker board for 3 laps in a row  Tongue dufus!
Nearly caught him again at the end but finished 4th.

Love the controllable oversteer in these cars, just feels spot on  Cool another car that would make a great one make series.

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2014, 09:29:01 AM +0100 »

Smiley Finished last, not bothered because I really enjoyed the combo even with several visits off track. For me the track progression seemed spot on adding to the experience.  Looking forward to next week, maybe something with a manual gearbox?   Thanks for server etc. Bob.
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2014, 03:47:55 PM +0100 »

Goldtop.. out of interest, what is your PB?

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2014, 05:19:12 PM +0100 »

Goldtop.. out of interest, what is your PB?

PB is 1:53.030 which I set in the race last night. I was around minus 4 tenths on my delta on lap 15 before I ran wide through the long right hander before the chicane  Roll Eyes

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2014, 06:44:00 PM +0100 »

Thoroughly enjoyed the event myself despite the back of the pack performance. Rolling start was nice and orderly and soon settled down to chasing picnic I think. Had a woeful time round about mid race which put me stone last and so set about chasing down Bob. I thought I had a chance of catching him, which I was doing but not quickly enough, but he kindly dropped it with a lap or so to go, as did picnic which gave me a couple of places.

I am struggling to comprehend the 2+ sec lap time gap to the quicker guys though. I don't know where to start to try and gain that sort of time. I guess it's down to practice.

The track felt like a skating rink in quali to me but in the race it felt like I could push more, finished up going 3 secs faster in the race than my quali time  Huh

Looking forward to the next one....

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com