The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 20, 2024, 06:16:21 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 3rd September 2014 - SLS at Nurburgring Sprint  (Read 7364 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: August 29, 2014, 07:38:37 PM +0100 »

Booking: From 19:00 (BST) (60 mins)
Practice: 20:00 (15 mins)
Qual : 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 18 Laps (approx 30 mins)

Cars allowed: Mercedes SLS AMG
Track: Nurburgring Sprint
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry
Start: Rolling

Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=95
SESSION_TRANSFER=50
RANDOMNESS=
LAP_GAIN=20

Server: simracing.org.uk
Password: Our usual practise password

All drivers must be booked in to race before booking closes at 20:00 UK time.

SROUK proudly presents a series of weekly fun races using a variety of track/car combos in Assetto Corsa early access. There will be no moderation of events or posting of results but drivers are of course encouraged to uphold our usual standards of excellent driving to ensure maximum enjoyment for all.

Have fun  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2014, 07:41:43 PM +0100 »

Please note that this race will be a rolling start following a formation lap and the procedure is as follows:

In the absence of a pace car it will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably. There should be no overtaking. The pole sitter should then slow down approaching the final turn to bunch up the field. On the exit of the final turn it is the pole sitter's choice when to go and all drivers should then follow. No overtaking is allowed before the completion of the formation lap.

An obvious choice this week with a new car on a new track. Feels a bit more PnG to me than AC but should be some good slidey fun  Smiley

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2014, 08:28:05 PM +0100 »

Nice a car that's handleable right out of the box  Cheesy

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2014, 09:25:47 PM +0100 »

Practice server now available. I've left the USE_FLOW_CONTROL=0 in the config, does anyone know if this problem is meant to be fixed with this update? Should we be running with 1 again?

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2014, 09:45:53 PM +0100 »

I had a run out with this combo on a pub server tonight and wasn't overly impressed, guess I need to practice and learn as it just seems like an under-steering monster. To be honest most cars do in AC to me so I guess my driving style is all wrong. Anyway, I'll have a play this weekend and see what comes out of it.

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2014, 09:25:12 AM +0100 »

Practice server now available. I've left the USE_FLOW_CONTROL=0 in the config, does anyone know if this problem is meant to be fixed with this update? Should we be running with 1 again?

Still keep it at 0.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2014, 12:51:29 PM +0100 »

I had a run out with this combo on a pub server tonight and wasn't overly impressed, guess I need to practice and learn as it just seems like an under-steering monster. To be honest most cars do in AC to me so I guess my driving style is all wrong. Anyway, I'll have a play this weekend and see what comes out of it.

A quick cure for the turn in understeer would be to add a couple of clicks of negative camber to the front but don't overdo it or it quickly becomes a drift machine. I'm finding the car a lot nicer to drive than I thought it would be especially when trying to keep up with the slightly faster F458 and McLaren AI on various tracks.

My test time for Nurby Sprint was around 1:43 but I can probably work on that.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 04:25:57 PM +0100 »

When did we get an SLS to play with? Must have missed this on my holidays. Should be fun, though never heard of a nurby sprint before either.

Would prefer a standing start to rolling, don't see the point with less than 10 cars in action.  Undecided even if I do normally lose out at standing starts!

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2014, 04:47:11 PM +0100 »

They arrived with the update that came on Friday, as well as a few other things. The FFB is feeling better, for me anyway.

Had a little more seat time in the SLS now and I'm slowly learning. Cheers for the tip GT, I'll give that a shot in my next session.

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2014, 04:48:02 PM +0100 »

When did we get an SLS to play with? Must have missed this on my holidays. Should be fun, though never heard of a nurby sprint before either.

Would prefer a standing start to rolling, don't see the point with less than 10 cars in action.  Undecided even if I do normally lose out at standing starts!

SLS and nurby sprint (think this is also in GTL?) came with yesterday's 0.22 update along with a few other goodies like nicer ffb.

The trouble with standing starts is that they're carp not very well implemented in AC as we can't engage 1st gear until the lights go out which might explain why you're slow off the line with your h shifter/clutch setup and us button pushers have an advantage. The rolling start went well last week, but we can vary the starts in future if drivers prefer.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2014, 07:58:49 PM +0100 »

No I guess your right GT, the standing starts are a bit pants at the moment with the slightly bizarre feux pas of not being able to put it in gear until the lights change  Roll Eyes I'd rather they perfected the sim aspects before adding new content personally but guess they have to pander to all those 'I wants' on their forum.

Look forward to giving this a run out, hope it sounds as good as an AMG

Ps just noticed this thread had 79 views already...so where the heck are all the racers?!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2014, 08:00:29 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2014, 08:18:32 AM +0100 »

Sheesh, what a horrible car!

Us paddle-auto clutch users can handle standing starts fine! Maybe you shouldnt have spent all that money on a manual shifter Tongue

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 09:26:51 AM +0100 »

Just a note to everyone.

It seems they might of put max_frame_latency back to 0 so you need to find and open your graphics.ini (cfg folder) and change it to 1.

It didnt change it this patch but it did on the last one.

For those that dont know its responsible for the lagging you see when turning the wheel in real compared to the game, setting it to 1 meansits 1:1 with your real inputs.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2014, 09:30:31 AM +0100 »

Us paddle-auto clutch users can handle standing starts fine! Maybe you shouldnt have spent all that money on a manual shifter Tongue

Manual shifter was bought for P&g where it feels excellent and way more immersive than paddle shifting a 60's/70's race Car!  It doesn't work very well in AC without fully using a clutch pedal...so far. Only cost me 50 quid as I bought it off someone on the Iracing forums, about the only good thing I got from that place!  Wink

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2014, 11:52:52 AM +0100 »

Manual shifter was bought for P&g where it feels excellent and way more immersive than paddle shifting a 60's/70's race Car!  It doesn't work very well in AC without fully using a clutch pedal...so far. Only cost me 50 quid as I bought it off someone on the Iracing forums, about the only good thing I got from that place!  Wink

I use both paddle and h-shifter at the discretion of AC and I don't have a problem with the start. With the paddle you just use throttle and shift gear when the lights go. With the h-shifter you put it in first gear and hold clutch, use throttle and release clutch when the lights go.

In MP you now have a bar at the bottom that's for car delta to cars around you I think. You can change the delta type or remove it with F9.

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com