The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 05:28:11 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A0GT3 Imola: April 01, 2015
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Assetto Corsa - GT3 championship - Imola 1st April  (Read 7451 times)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2015, 08:13:37 PM +0000 »

Booking: From 19:15 (BST) (60 mins)
Practice: 20:15 (15 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 18 Laps (approx 30 mins)

Cars allowed:
SLS GT3, McLaren GT3, Z4 GT3, Nissan GTR GT3

Track: Imola
Time of Day Setting: 16:00
Weather: Mid Clear
Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=97
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=25
SESSION_TRANSFER=60

Damage: 70%

Server: simracing.org.uk
Password: Our usual practise password

All drivers must be booked in to race before booking closes at 20:15 UK time.

IMPORTANT: The PLP app (found here) is required.
[/quote]
« Last Edit: June 05, 2015, 05:46:14 PM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2015, 08:18:37 PM +0000 »

The start of a short ish GT3 championship alternating each week with the Cup events. Was planning on running mugello, but i see we're doing it on DTM the week after!

Currently planning

Silverstone
Monza
Nurburgring GP
Spa
Le Mans

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2015, 07:24:51 AM +0000 »

Nice set of tracks for the fiercely close GT3 series.  Cool

Are we still not using ptracker here for race results etc? Seriously, speak to Fred Joseph who runs ESRA if your unsure about it. I run it for league racing and it works fine.

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2015, 01:54:49 PM +0000 »

Are we still not using ptracker here for race results etc? Seriously, speak to Fred Joseph who runs ESRA if your unsure about it. I run it for league racing and it works fine.

Maybe I'm just having a moment of temporary blindness, but I still can't see anything on the feature list for it that would handle race results :/

NOTICE:
There were a few of you last week that were running older or modified versions of PLP. The string it posts when you join the server should read this: running version 0.9,3-50-3-True-1.3-0.9-3.
With this being a championship, if the string doesn't match this YOU WILL BE EXCLUDED FROM THE RESULTS. If in doubt, redownload from the link in the first post, install that and don't touch the .ini. If you need a version with another settings for another league, then I suggest you make a backup of their version and keep it somewhere safe, so you can swap the versions as necessary.
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2015, 04:21:10 PM +0000 »

Think it needs to run with Stracker (the sister app) for your server side. Ptracker talks to it  Smiley

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ptracker.3509/

http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/stracker.3510/

Ps can we have a nice racing car image (real or AC) @ whatever track at the head of each race thread? Makes it more Attractive when advertising our races elsewhere  Smiley
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 04:23:05 PM +0000 by Mark J » Logged

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2015, 05:55:01 PM +0000 »

Think it needs to run with Stracker (the sister app) for your server side. Ptracker talks to it  Smiley

That's all well and good, but what does it actually DO? That's the problem - the feature list doesn't state anything that seems like it would be of any use.
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2015, 12:07:27 PM +0100 »

Looking forward to this..

Not sure which car to drive yet but hovering around the 1'43's on medium tyres.

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2015, 02:00:46 PM +0100 »

I'm going to be driving the Z4 for this series. I've found it suits my driving style better than the others - which is a bit of a surprise, since I was expecting the GTR or MP4-12C to be more my style, usually I hate smaller FR cars.

If anyone's planning on running a custom skin, can you please post a link here so we can grab it beforehand. I'll be running the stock #64 nvidia skin. Smiley
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2015, 02:42:36 PM +0100 »

not sure what to race, it wont be the GTR tho, i can do a 1'42 in that with relative ease so i will use a slower car to try keep the grid closer.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2015, 07:43:09 PM +0100 »

Merc and Maclaren are close for me, not sure which to choose.

Nisssan advantage is quite obvious even for me!

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2015, 08:42:59 PM +0100 »

The Datsun does seem a bit quick. You could always add the rule that the top 3 drivers in championship can't drive it similar to what  Tony and Matt have done in some of their series.

Custom skins are a PIA. I'm sick of racing grids of white cars because I haven't installed all the skins. My AC folder is big enough already and with loads of official content coming through it's going to get bigger without loads of unwanted skins clogging it up  angel

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Luka Peklaj

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2015, 12:31:17 PM +0100 »

Hey. I will join you today with Z4. Do we maybe know how many laps the race will be?

I don't have my own custom skin but i would like to use one i made for Power Maxed. Download it here http://1drv.ms/1xyd3fQ. But please don't use it for yourself without the Power Maxed team permission. Thanks
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2015, 12:34:54 PM +0100 »

Hey. I will join you today with Z4. Do we maybe know how many laps the race will be?

But please don't use it for yourself without the Power Maxed team permission.

Oh please. Permission required to use a skin? Yeah like that's going to happen.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2015, 01:14:32 PM +0100 »

Calm down Tony. Luka did a skin for me for another series and since it was a team skin, I asked him not to make it a public release - this seems to be a similar thing. It's more "Don't use it online against us or representing us without permission" than "don't use it at all unless you've asked us" - which is the same as all the teams here in UKGTL and UKGTR have been doing from the start.

From my calculations it will be around 18 laps, I can't say for sure though.
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2015, 01:53:43 PM +0100 »

From my calculations it will be around 18 laps, I can't say for sure though.
Hopefully someone will say as I don't want to take the blame for getting it wrong when I start the server!

Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com