Quarterly cost: �0

March 28, 2024, 10:55:15 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S2867W Schottenring: July 05, 2015
July 05, 2015, 09:39:34 PM +0100 - Schottenring - UKGPL Season 28 (2015) Works Trophy (67)
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Robert Fleurke
 Antipasti Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 1 5:05.970
117.299mph
1 51:33.956
116.000mph
10 5:06.656
117.036mph
Firestone  
Iestyn Davies
 Blue Moose Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 5 +13.323
112.404mph
2 +41.829
114.453mph
10 5:04.493
117.868mph
Goodyear  
Gismo
 TEAM-GTLDK
Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 12 +34.663
105.362mph
3 +2:28.956
110.672mph
10 5:17.804
112.931mph
Firestone  
EvilClive
 Blue Moose Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 7 +17.883
110.822mph
4 +2L
111.830mph
8 5:15.568
113.731mph
Disco
Firestone  
AnGex
 Black Night Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 9 +23.615
108.894mph
5 +3L
102.779mph
7 5:30.153
108.707mph
Disco
Firestone  
DLogan

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 3 +11.588
113.019mph
6 +8L
109.748mph
2 5:19.380
112.374mph
Disco
Goodyear  
MagicArsouille

Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 6 +15.608
111.606mph
7 +9L
107.975mph
1 5:30.167
108.702mph
Disco
Goodyear  
Doni Yourth
 Blue Moose Racing
Brabham BT24 (Repco) F1 1967 8 +18.103
110.746mph
8 +4.145
106.645mph
1 5:33.478
107.623mph
Disco
Goodyear  
GregT

Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 2 +3.654
115.915mph
9 +10L
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Firestone  
Samb
 Black Night Racing
Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 4 +12.483
112.701mph
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Firestone  
Turkey Machine

Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 10 +26.850
107.836mph
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Firestone  
Ronniepeterson

Cooper T81b (Maserati) F1 1967 11 +29.615
106.947mph
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Firestone  
Pelle_B
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 312 (1967) F1 1967 14 13
---
0 ---
---
Disco
Firestone  
9 UKGPL

Lotus 49 (Cosworth) F1 1967 13 14 DNS ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

Server replay time: 0

A win for Robert in the Lotus, starting from pole. Iestyn is second in the Brabham with easily the fastest lap. Gismo brings home the Cooper in 3rd. Greg has shown good pace on the longer winding tracks but blew an engine in the red zone. There were other first lap retirements but the red zone was clear & there were no reported incidents.
A closely fought championship between Iestyn & Robert but Iestyn has just enough points to take the title in Round 9.

• Racing incident

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Grand Prix Legends
F1 1967
5:05.970
117.299mph
Robert Fleurke
Qualifying
Lotus 49 (Cosworth)July 05, 2015, 09:39:34 PM +0100
S2867W
Grand Prix Legends
F1 1967
5:04.493
117.868mph
Iestyn Davies
Race
Brabham BT24 (Repco)July 05, 2015, 09:39:34 PM +0100
S2867W
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 28 (2015) Works Trophy (67) - Schottenring - Jul 5  (Read 5247 times)
Billy Nobrakes
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: June 30, 2015, 11:10:19 PM +0100 »

Season 28 Works Trophy - Round 9 –Schottenring  

The penultimate race of the Workls season will take place at the Schottenring, The Schottenring was a motorsport race track situated near Schotten in the Vogelsbergkreis of Hesse, between Fulda and Gießen. After Nürburgring, Schleizer Dreieck, Solituderennen and AVUS, it was one of Germany's oldest race tracks, inaugurated on 22 July 1925.  At 10 laps it is the longest & certainly one of the more challenging tracks of Season 28.

Race List = iGOR
Server = UKGPL_9
IP = 37.157.48.87
Race date = Sunday 05-07-2015
Time = 21:00 UK time (21:00 GMT)
Track = schotten
Race length = 10 Laps (50 minutes)
Variant = 1967
60fps patch used   = 60fpsV2newmod
Damage Model = Pro
Qualifying time = 30 minutes

Replays Available here

Driver lists and token rules can be found on the championship standings page

Moderating The red zone will be fully moderated. For this event the red zone will be from the start to the exit of the second hairpin on the first lap . Other moderation will be on reported incidents only.  However any incidents that occur in the red zone that are not reported by the drivers may be reported by the moderator.  This will allow all affected drivers the opportunity to present their case before the incident is moderated.  This should ensure there are no surprises when the moderator's report is published and hence appeals will be less likely

The chassis token system is explained on the Works standings page. Please ensure you choose a chassis that is within your budget, which can be seen by hovering the mouse over your points total in the standings.

Please restrict chat to pit messages including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2015, 06:41:42 PM +0100 by Turkey Machine » Logged

Leading from the back at Black Night Racing
Samb
UKGPL Divisional Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2015, 09:42:08 PM +0100 »

D'oh. Fell foul of GPL's collision box detection. Braked late for a corner and Dean got alongside. To give him some space I accidentally gave the barrier the lightest of touches but that still ripped a wheel off  Undecided. Good luck to those still running.
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2015, 09:43:51 PM +0100 »

Sorry Jethro if my cautious start caught you out. Cooper, cold tyres etc had me taking it easy. No problem at my end , just racing. But I hope you have better luck and are not damaged.
Turkey Machine
UKGPL Assistant Divisional Moderator

Elitist psychopath with AS.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2015, 10:25:55 PM +0100 »

Sorry Jethro if my cautious start caught you out. Cooper, cold tyres etc had me taking it easy. No problem at my end , just racing. But I hope you have better luck and are not damaged.

I made it round the longer right-hander but got kiboshed by the trees in that tricky left just after it. I should have known better about those first few corners but still didn't allow enough... apologies for ending your race early.

Everyone knows that million-to-one chances happen 9 times out of 10. Why the hell do I keep crashing then?!
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2015, 11:16:32 PM +0100 »

All went to plan, despite not having the best prep. Whole week been busy to get things working, no practising. But my new system seems to work well, only a bit of cracking in the sound, but it is as good I could get (trying 4 different soundcards, and trying less hardware acceleration)...

Had only about 25 laps under the belt, and still was tip-toeing at places. Quali was good with a PR, and race was also pretty good, only one lap with a few mistakes, but for the rest consistent and rather conservative in the trusty Lauda-mode. Shame Greg retired, and others couldn't hold off Iestyn. Great job with an incredible last lap! Also well done Peter for podium. Commiserations to the many retirements. Tough track, but I really love it. Wink

Hoped the championship would go on to the last race, but Iestyn clinched it with finishing second today! Many congrats and well deserved, mate!  Wink Your last lap of the race was a true champion's drive, well done!  Cool

I'm a bit disappointed, winning 5 out of 9 races, but simply lost the championship blowing up at Silverstone. Could have been avoided. Will try to win the last race as well and try again next season! Smiley
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 11:22:07 PM +0100 by Robert Fleurke » Logged

Driving for Antipasti Racing

Gismo

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2015, 12:08:41 PM +0100 »

Completely forgot about the race, having had a quite busy week and weekend, so first around 1½ hour before qual-start I suddenly remembered it while I was cruising the internet-highway looking at my GPL-links-folder.. Was hoping it would be a standard track I would know, pretty bummed out to see that not only had I never driven the track, it was a 5+ min lap.. Almost didn't make the effort thinking that I would just be a risk taking someone out forgetting to brake somewhere.. But having nothing better to do I decided to try..

Didn't make it through a hotlap in qual.. things were not looking good :-S

Took it very easy at the start, but we were barely through S1 before Walters nugded Peterson sending him up the hill with nowhere to go but heading for the wall and me having to swerve and brake in front of Pelle who just grazed the rear of my car, sending me spinning, luckily no damage and we could both continue.. later on L1 Walters spun out in front of me I managed to dip the car to the inside but could see Pelle crashing out hard in my mirrors coliding with Walters lotus..
Thx to Andreas? (Gebhardt) for letting me by, nice move and maybe saved us from coliding though I was trying my very best to stay safe..

Had two T1 highspeed spins, but somehow escaped unharmed both times, even went over the edge in the slow lefthander in green in S2/S3 with the dip on the right, barrelrolling the car, still no damage.. very lucky to finish :-)

Feeling quite good about it afterwards I find out that Iestyn apparently had just as little practise as me, finishing second and setting fastest lap of the race.. Damn you alien! :-P
Why is the championship decided, looks like Rob can still get points enough to overtake if Iestyen has a low/non-score ?

Peter Antonsen

"You don't need a parachute to go skydiving.. You need a parachute to go skydiving twice.."
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2015, 12:47:08 PM +0100 »

Why is the championship decided, looks like Rob can still get points enough to overtake if Iestyen has a low/non-score ?

Iestyn already has 365 pts, even with a non score at Interlagos. I can get only 364 pts (win Interlagos, have to drop 25pts)...

Gismo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2015, 02:02:28 PM +0100 »

Hadn't read about the dropping of results.. but the text says:
"The final championship positions will be determined after each driver has discarded their worst two results"

So for Iestyn (saying he has a non-score) = 365 - (37+0) = 328

You win interlagos = 339 + 50 = 389 - (19+25) = 345

What am I missing here?

Peter Antonsen

"You don't need a parachute to go skydiving.. You need a parachute to go skydiving twice.."
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2015, 02:17:07 PM +0100 »

Hadn't read about the dropping of results.. but the text says:
"The final championship positions will be determined after each driver has discarded their worst two results"

So for Iestyn (saying he has a non-score) = 365 - (37+0) = 328

You win interlagos = 339 + 50 = 389 - (19+25) = 345

What am I missing here?

With only one race to go, one bad score already has been dropped within the current standings. (grey score) Wink

Gismo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2015, 02:39:20 PM +0100 »

Arhha  Cheesy thx for bringing me up to speed..

Then a duly grats to Iestyn with the championship and to you too Robert for a great performance!

Peter Antonsen

Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2015, 10:44:42 PM +0100 »

BIG Grats ID, new Champion  clap

...& Big grats to RF, untouchable at this track & deservedly victorious  thumbup1

No luck for me on this track  helpsmilie

Practice:
Never managed to run a full lap...before crash.

Qual:

Race:

...started at the back - just behind PA - & would try to follow PA. Got a shock when traffic stopped completely & no matter how much I braked - bump - a little push to PA. SRY GPL exaggerated the whole situation, engine on PA (Cooper) exploded & both rear wheels flew off...ARGH, I had ruined my Teamie's race  wacko
Luckily...in two seconds gets PA new engine & 2 new wheels...we run again as if nothing had happened  thumbup2

Unfortunately later (still on lap 1 & behind PA) I see a Lotus late (located on the head) I'm already in a slide in the turn & no chance to brake more or turning...my right rear wheel disappears on Walters Lotus...Race over  blink

Great PA...it all ended up you got a third place, BIG Grats  thumbup2

Today - perhaps - unluckiest man, GT  whistling
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 05:14:17 AM +0100 by Pelle_B » Logged

GregT

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2015, 12:39:41 AM +0100 »

Congratulations Rob, Iestyn, and Peter! That was another very convincing win for Rob. It doesn't surprise me. With enough practice for Iestyn, it could have been another great fight for the win. I'm glad you tried to take it easy Rob and tried to assure yourself the win. I was watching at one point when you made some rapid downshifts. I thought, "Oh no, Rob! Take it easy!"

Nice job Iestyn! Excellent lap time on such short notice! And congratulations on your championship! You are a very deserving champion! Same with Rob, whoever won would be deserving. Neither of you left the other much room for error throughout the season.

Good job for you too Peter! Sometimes it's better to be lucky than good. It appears to have been a wild adventure. It's good to see you get some good fun out of a race you weren't prepared for, especially on a track that can easily destroy a car.

It looks like I didn't get quite enough practice. I had my doubts Saturday that I could keep the car on the track for the entire race. Before qualifying I hadn't been able to complete more than 2 or 3 laps. I went out in Q with 4 laps of fuel, I made it through 3 laps setting a decent time at 5:12. Lap 4 was looking good until I found a new post to remove a wheel. I thought I could break 5:10 with a clean lap so I went back out with 2 laps of fuel. I felt much better about my race when qualifying had ended. Over the past two weeks I got about 25 laps of practice including qualifying. That seemed just enough for me to be able to drive the track decently. It's a shame I didn't get another ten laps of practice. After another 25 here, I should be in pretty good shape for Schottenring.

BAM!!! That was a quick race for me. A bad shift to 2nd gear turned the 312 engine inside out. Once I got the car off the track, it was all over for me. I would have been disappointed but I was so relieved not to have caused a huge pileup, that there was no time to feel bad. It looked like everybody made it past me without too much trouble. Andreas appeared to take the worst hit. It's good to see that didn't stop him from securing 5th place. My apologies guys.

I did enjoy practice and getting to learn a new track. It would have been interesting to see if I could have held off Iestyn in the race. I expected Iestyn would be at least 2 seconds faster than me before the race was over. With his slow qualifying and 2 cars between us I thought I could get away early and open a gap that might be too large for him to overcome. If I could have kept the same gap in qualifying, 3.654 seconds, throughout the race that would have put me 36.54 seconds behind Rob. Just enough to keep Iestyn from catching me. I intended to run somewhat of a conservative race as Rob said he did. I've still got a lot to learn about this track so I may have picked up a little speed in the race but I sure wasn't expecting I would.

It's good to see Rob is still trying to finish the season strong! Sorry I couldn't keep you mathematically alive for the final race. The disco at Spa67, my confusion at Stardust, and now this horrible start at Schottenring hindered your efforts against Iestyn and wrecked my efforts against Clive.

Congrats to you too Clive! It looks like you've secured 3rd place in the championship. I may still be alive, but I'm more likely to be the lottery winner even though I've never bought a ticket. Smiley

I'm beginning to dream of the next season, but I'm still intent on trying to make a good showing at Interlagos. I hope I can get a good start to the next season. This is two seasons in a row where I've been denied valuable points in the opening race. I missed Sachsenring to start S27, a race I could have possibly won. And I had an easy 3rd at Spa67 this season and very likely 2nd with Iestyn's late race troubles. That disco wouldn't have hurt so much had I not spent so many tokens on the Eagle. But that's one of the reasons we love GPL. It's always a challenge.

I'm thinking I can improve my strategy a little bit. Driving the Honda at Brno may have been wise. I likely could have finished 2nd and still had the possibility of winning. I didn't think it mattered since Rob and Iestyn were impossible to catch but it may have helped me keep Clive from taking 3rd.

I'm a bit disappointed, winning 5 out of 9 races, but simply lost the championship blowing up at Silverstone.

I'd be very happy if I could do as well as you've done. It looks like a championship for you is like a race win for me. You have to be almost perfect. One mistake and it's gone. Sad I finally won because I had a huge advantage, not that I was perfect. I think I could have beaten Iestyn at Brno while driving a Honda but I would have had to been perfect to do so.

I used to get pissed at Schumacher when he would crash instead of taking a sure 2nd place. Throughout the 90s, if you could finish 2nd every race you'd be F1 champion. You may not have been able to beat Mansell in 1992 like that, but every other year until 2002, finishing 2nd every race would make you champion.

That's one of the reasons I've become Iestyn's fan. Not only is he incredibly fast, he's patient and smart.

Today - perhaps - unluckiest man, GT  whistling

lol It's a little disappointing. Sometimes it's too real though. I was happy to get the car off the track only needing an engine repair and I suffered no injury. Smiley Plus I had such a good time at Lemans Friday and I've been enjoying the Targa Florio that I didn't feel deprived of my fun.

Thanks guys. Once again, I appreciate you letting me race with you.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
AnGex

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 01:42:12 PM +0100 »

Thx to Andreas? (Gebhardt) for letting me by, nice move and maybe saved us from coliding though I was trying my very best to stay safe..

Yes, that was me. Was wondering where a Cooper came from so fast? Then said to myself: " Better let that quick-one through, will be much safer then looking with one eye to the back all the time!" Tried to follow, but that was not my speed to go.  Smiley

Congratulations to the Podium-Finishers and to Clive who I could overhaul if I not crash myself towards the end!  Wink

Looking forward to the last race of the Works-Season in Interlagos!

Get up, stand up: stand up for your right!
Get up, stand up: don't give up the fight!
Robert Fleurke
Former UKGPL Moderators

GPL Forever!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2015, 04:26:31 PM +0100 »

I'm glad you tried to take it easy Rob and tried to assure yourself the win. I was watching at one point when you made some rapid downshifts. I thought, "Oh no, Rob! Take it easy!"

Grin

Yes, early downshifting while using throttle to stabilize, plus not using GPLShift (.222s neutral auto clutch, revs will jump) doesn't help...

It's so hard to change that style...I always try to compromise with taller gearings and shortshifting keeping the engine cool, but spiking the redline downshifting surely isn't good Wink

Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2015, 04:50:05 PM +0100 »

Grats on the win and the championship Rob.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com