The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 08:35:35 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • RaceRoom Experience TEST 2: July 09, 2015
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Speilberg Gr5 TEST RACE - Jul 9  (Read 3622 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: July 07, 2015, 08:11:12 PM +0100 »

Practice: 19:20 BST
Qual 2: 20:25 (20 mins)
Race: 20:45 ~ 30 Mins
Cars allowed: Group 5 Car set
Track: Red Bull Ring - Speilberg
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry
Start: Standing

Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: OFF
Pit-stops: None required

Server: phspok1
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Experience from Steam, and have the Euro Track Pack
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:27:45 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 09:33:42 PM +0100 »

This is NOT a P&G event
This is a second test race for Race Room Experience.
It will use the Group 5 car set, and will run at Red Bull Ring - Speilberg.
The cut track rules have been set to "slow down" not the stop and go in the previous one.
Password will be the usual race password for P&G/GTL

This post is temporary to advertise the event, and will be deleted before Sunday.
There has been an update to the game and to the server. The server now exports results
so I wil try to get that sorted if I can.

make sure you have downloaded the update via steam before the race start  angel
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 09:35:54 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 10:49:08 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the update warning  thumbup1

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 10:57:56 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the update warning  thumbup1

It's a 1.4Gb update too so not a 5 minute job.

Unfortunately the update seems to mess up graphics settings for some so might be worth jotting down your current ones before you update. Make sure you also have fullscreen checked as it unchecked mine. Good news is that performance and quality for me have improved.

Thanks again for putting this on Matt  thumbup1

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 12:06:43 PM +0100 »

Would have loved to join this testrace, my first impression of RRE was good, and I'm eager to try it out some more.

It's gonna have to wait untill I'm back in CPH.

Stig

Stig Ravnbøl / Alias Hotkeys
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2015, 11:53:26 AM +0100 »

Since yesterday's update I believe the server now writes a file that can be used for results. As usual I've no idea how you do this but maybe worth a look.

The Nissan GTR R32 has now been added to the touring classics pack  Smiley  I've not had a chance to test it yet but it seems now that these cars are now all competitive with the DTM '92 cars.

Looking forward to tonight's race. I'll probably be in the 935 which is literally a blast around here.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 12:20:51 PM +0100 »

I have configured my ftp site to accept the results output temporarily, I have to disable anonymous external logins
to allow the game server to log in internally to the ftp server.
I have asked Dave about how we might do this properly using our normal servers.

The game exports as .xml or .json
I have no idea yet what I will do with the .xml when (and if) it lands on my ftp site, but it will be text so
will be human readable.

Not seen the Touring classics pack.. perhaps I have as I do have the Volvo.. he's a hoot to drive loved that one.

I like the Fabcar and the Corvette, they are difficult enough to drive here, the others except maybe the turbo
beemer need a sensitive right foot that I don't possess Shocked particularly at T1 where I either lock up in, or spin on exit

I am getting to really like this Sim, the sounds, and the way they twitch around is good in other comptempory sims
but this one just "feels" really good. The sensation of speed in that Fabcar with you sitting so low is grin inducing  Grin
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:25:40 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

simon loynes

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 12:47:42 PM +0100 »

I'd have given this a go if I had any idea what any of you is talking about. The world seems to have turned on its head whilst I was on holiday in Spain. With Clive now in Oz I have no body to interpret the forum speak.

Any chance some kind soul can post the link to the game, game patch, track and car set?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 12:49:52 PM +0100 »

I have not been able to drive all of the cars in the '92 pack yet. I'll take on of the Nissan's tonight I think. Do you guys find the defaults setup to be pretty spot on or do you tweak? Like Matt I have had to adjust the steering rotation but that's pretty much it.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 12:51:35 PM +0100 »

I'd have given this a go if I had any idea what any of you is talking about. The world seems to have turned on its head whilst I was on holiday in Spain. With Clive now in Oz I have no body to interpret the forum speak.

Any chance some kind soul can post the link to the game, game patch, track and car set?
It's on Steam. Game is FREE and you get a couple of tracks and a car or two. You then BUY additional tracks/cars as and when required (or when on special offer).

Start here http://game.raceroom.com/
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 12:53:06 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 01:01:02 PM +0100 »

You need to download the free game from http://game.raceroom.com/ through Steam, if you don't already have Steam then it will install that, or you can do it yourself first.
Then you buy any cars or circuits that you want to use, If you buy everything it can get expensive
but I am hoping to get enough interest to run a series for the older cars. So we did the DTM 1992 class last week
and this week we are doing the Group5 from the early 80s at Osterreichring  now "Red Bull Speilberg"
The free game is many gig so will take a while to download.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2015, 01:03:34 PM +0100 »

My default setup for these cars is to set the front at max hard, and the rear to max soft
everything like that - roll bars/springs/dampers and I usually increase coast and reduce power as well.

Berger R - 74

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2015, 07:51:48 PM +0100 »

i do try to buy the capri for this race, but it do not work, it do endless loading after if i did confirm that i do buy the car, no idea why this is....

if i can buy the car, i will jump in the race.

..i had should buy the car(s) 1 or 2 weeks ago, if they was 50% of price, 1.40 euro only for a car, grrrrr.

servus
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2015, 08:22:38 PM +0100 »

fede is in the race, so you will be needed  Grin

Note: Password is not the same as last week, it is our usual P&G race password

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2015, 09:02:59 PM +0100 »

Urrrrggghhh discoed after a few laps  :'( Hope we can do more of RR as it is so enjoyable when it goes well.....and currently the only sim on my pc after kicking AC into the long grass angel

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com