The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 16, 2024, 12:07:00 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E1H Laguna Seca: August 20, 2015
August 20, 2015, 09:10:44 PM +0100 - Laguna Seca (1988+) - RRE Season 1 Historics
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Berger R - 74
 Supersonic Racing
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 1 1:26.860
---
1 1:27.019
---
Yokohama  
Anty

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 3 +1.654
---
2 1:28.326
---
Yokohama  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 4 +1.958
---
3 1:28.651
---
Yokohama  
mr_belowski

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 5 +2.299
---
4 1:28.916
---
Yokohama  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 2 +1.245
---
5 1:28.747
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 7 +4.586
---
6 1:29.921
---
Dunlop  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW 635 CSI Classic Touring 8 +11.727
---
7 ---
---
Pirelli  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 6 +2.360
---
8 ---
---
Dunlop  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
Classic Touring
1:26.860
---
Berger R - 74
Qualifying
BMW M3 E30 Gr.AAugust 20, 2015, 09:10:44 PM +0100
E1H
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Race Room Historics - Laguna Seca - Aug 20  (Read 9627 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: August 02, 2015, 07:31:59 PM +0100 »

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: Touring Classics
Track: Laguna Seca
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: OFF
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E1H
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 07:56:04 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 12:09:00 PM +0100 »

Looks like it's this one I can't make  Sad

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 12:19:33 PM +0100 »

This one I can do, then I miss the next 3 pahh!

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2015, 10:40:13 AM +0100 »

Thought I'd start this discussion off early  angel

The Touring Classics are the worst class in RR at present with a ridiculously quick Volvo, a stunted Datsun and all balanced in the last physics update for the sake of fitting in conveniently with the pace of the DTM '92 class....all my opinion of course.

That said, driving the TC M3 is still believable but is now so similar to the DTM '92 M3 they might as well be the same car.

I know we're trying things out and seeing what's what in this series but for future it might be worth considering lumping the TC and DTM classes together  Undecided

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 11:56:35 AM +0100 »

I said much the same in a previous thread.
For me, I like a few car classes so I can create events with a varying flavour.
It's probably just my P&G tradition, but I like 4 things as that fits conveniently into a month.
I did a pick up race where they had allowed DTM92 and Tourers, and it worked well
so I'm not opposed to that, just that ideally I want to keep 4 different groupings.
I tried the Audi single car class and it was to me undrivable, I had hoped to create a series
with the Procar and the Audi, but so far the Audi is horrible. If some brave soul would like
to do some testing and finds they are a similar pace, then I could add that to the spec race
part of these series. Bearing in mind that my interest is for Historics rather than the 2013-15
and modern sports car sets is there anything else that might be another grouping?
The Hillclimb cars perhaps?

frex

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2015, 12:28:50 PM +0100 »

M1 Procar could be a group on it's own. Only one make but it raced that way originally IRL. Fun to drive and cheap too, with a few skins in the Hillclimb pack. Or the M1 Procar pack might be discounted tomorrow if you want all the skins.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2015, 12:32:29 PM +0100 »

Very happy to stick to the historics here for Thursdays although I think RR easily has the best potential for modern GT/sportscar racing in any current sim  angel

The Audi is an odd one but I believe there are plans to add to the GTO class sometime in the future.

I've only briefly tried the modern hillclimb cars as they are very unfamiliar territory for me and so haven't attracted my interest.

M1 Procar could be a group on it's own. Only one make but it raced that way originally IRL. Fun to drive and cheap too, with a few skins in the Hillclimb pack. Or the M1 Procar pack might be discounted tomorrow if you want all the skins.

Agreed  thumbup1

frex

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 12:37:39 PM +0100 »

The Touring Classics are the worst class in RR at present with a ridiculously quick Volvo, a stunted Datsun and all balanced in the last physics update for the sake of fitting in conveniently with the pace of the DTM '92 class...

Hang on, have they nobbled the DTM '92s just so they fit together with the Touring Classics? That's crazy..

I've only driven the Volvo and the BMW 635 but enjoyed them both very much, though I wasn't aware the Volvo is so much quicker than the rest, or that they match the DTM cars. A shame if we can't run the Touring Classics as they are..
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2015, 12:38:24 PM +0100 »

I think I would like to see more single spec racing. So If Matt held an event which had just the Classic Volvo etc available that would be fine by me.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2015, 12:53:24 PM +0100 »

The Volvo was quicker when we tested that group, but then GT tends to be quicker than most, so may not be the car...  Roll Eyes
For me the Tourers are very similar pace. And do match the DTM92. Before the Tourers were changed they
were a bit sloppy handling, only the Volvo was nice to drive for me. now they are more similar, though the
skyline is still a bit sloppy, but I thought it was the quickest if you can get the most from it. At Brands
I got my best times in it.

I don't feel that the DTM92s have been nobbled, more the Tourers have been sharpened up.

As there are only a limited number of tracks and cars, some more one make events are likely to happen.
as always, these series will develop as enough people ask for stuff  angel

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2015, 01:00:08 PM +0100 »

The Touring Classics are the worst class in RR at present with a ridiculously quick Volvo, a stunted Datsun and all balanced in the last physics update for the sake of fitting in conveniently with the pace of the DTM '92 class...

Hang on, have they nobbled the DTM '92s just so they fit together with the Touring Classics? That's crazy..

I've only driven the Volvo and the BMW 635 but enjoyed them both very much, though I wasn't aware the Volvo is so much quicker than the rest, or that they match the DTM cars. A shame if we can't run the Touring Classics as they are..

It's the other way round. Before the physics update the Volvo, the M3 and the 635 in the Touring Classics pack were much slower than they are now and had a real GTL type charm to them. The problem came when the Nissan was added and was much quicker than the other TC cars (as was the case in real life) and maybe even quicker than the DTM '92 cars. So RR decided to nobble down the Nissan and boost up the Volvo, M3 and 635 so that they could be run with the DTM '92 cars  hang

There are lots of variations of track layout in RR and some of the shorter versions of classic tracks (Hockenheim, Monza Jr)would have been great fun in the old version of the Touring Classics cars.

« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:04:21 PM +0100 by goldtop » Logged

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2015, 01:24:02 PM +0100 »

With two track packs and the freebies you have 35 tracks to choose from. That's five, seven race series without needing to repeat any tracks. Happy days  

EDIT: Correction. That's not including the freebies! so add a further nine tracks.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2015, 01:29:09 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2015, 01:51:20 PM +0100 »

Tony San speak truth, however I have always hated the short versions of the famous tracks
Monza Junior and Nurby sprint track are naff to me. Not that we can't run them, it's just I
tend to default away from those things.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2015, 02:59:30 PM +0100 »

Tell you what, the Chevy Monza would be a good car for the Monza Junior track.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2015, 01:52:15 PM +0100 »

The Touring Classic pack is now on sale...

https://forum.sector3studios.com/index.php?threads/raceroom-summer-sale.2420/

You can of course still just buy the one car if you prefer.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com