The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 05:19:44 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E1H Sonoma Raceway: September 17, 2015
September 17, 2015, 09:06:16 PM +0100 - Sonoma Raceway (Long) - RRE Season 1 Historics
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Anty

BMW 635 CSI Classic Touring 1 1:36.414
---
1 1:36.545
---
Pirelli  
Berger R - 74
 Supersonic Racing
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 2 +0.190
---
2 1:37.184
---
Yokohama  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
Volvo 240 Turbo Classic Touring 3 +0.563
---
3 1:36.544
---
Pirelli  
mr_belowski

BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 4 +1.231
---
4 1:37.441
---
Yokohama  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Nissan Skyline GT-R R32 Classic Touring 5 +1.966
---
5 1:37.417
---
Dunlop  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Volvo 240 Turbo Classic Touring 6 +2.097
---
6 1:38.678
---
Pirelli  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 7 1:42.225
---
Yokohama  
BillThomas
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M3 E30 Gr.A Classic Touring 7 +15.085
---
8 1:49.470
---
Yokohama  
Hotkeys
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BMW 635 CSI Classic Touring 9 1:38.576
---
Pirelli  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Volvo 240 Turbo Classic Touring 10 ---
---
Pirelli  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 1 Race Room Historics - Sonoma Raceway - Sep 17  (Read 9508 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: August 15, 2015, 04:35:15 PM +0100 »

Practice: 19:45 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: Touring Classics
Track: Sonoma Long
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: OFF
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E1H
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another
non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 04:53:19 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 01:45:50 PM +0100 »

This is the next event I can do  Shocked So I am very much looking forward to it!!!!!

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 07:48:54 PM +0100 »

And it looks likely that I can do this one too. Never driven this track tho, hope I like it  helpsmilie

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 10:20:14 PM +0100 »

And it looks likely that I can do this one too. Never driven this track tho, hope I like it  helpsmilie

Wink

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=7416#event2007

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2015, 11:58:03 AM +0100 »

Oh! I didn't realise it was the same circuit albeit by a different name  Roll Eyes

But sad to read that that race was at the time we heard of Ligel's passing.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Anty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2015, 07:45:21 AM +0100 »

Hey Gents

Looking forward to this one.

I have formated my pc, with a new 1tb ssd, also new mother board. I was wondering why my inputs from my wheel were not correct, I tried everything and could never get it sorted. I now have a fresh windows 10 install and so far the imputs are way better, I am not fighting the cars anymore. The man reason for the great improvement is because before I had windows on a 250mb ssd and my game on a normal 1tb harddrive, drive d, now it's different, all is on my 1tb ssd. I could not believe the difference this made, l don't think I am fast, but I am forsure convinced that I am more consistent. Now I can keep my laptime where I want them.

Sorry for high jacking the thread.

See you soon. Ant

#Ant
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2015, 03:03:28 PM +0100 »

Just done a few laps, and this track needs some learning... lots of track variations means lots of tarmac shooting off
in not the direction you want to go. Flows nicely when you get the hang of it.
I am still learning it, and managed 1:41s in the Nissan and and Big Beemer so far.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2015, 05:51:10 PM +0100 »

Your right about the track Matt. Once learnt it's a joy to drive. Cannot decide between the BMW (M3) or the Skyline. I'm a little quicker in the Nissan (1:42.2) but the little beemer (1:42.5) is more fun thru the twisty sections. Brave man who takes the Volvo tho, it's horrible.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2015, 06:33:57 PM +0100 »

40.7 in the big beemer now, still messy though.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2015, 10:41:07 AM +0100 »

Promoted this at No Grip and Sector3 forums.

I like Sonoma, it's a tricky track to be consistent but has a good flow to it. I also reckon some extra care will be needed to avoid contact especially with these cars as they perform very differently to each other and it's easy to be caught out.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2015, 10:52:26 AM +0100 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
mr_belowski

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 13, 2015, 01:38:12 PM +0100 »

I like it too. The little Beemer is easy to chuck around there and gets my vote. Still not sure about my laptimes and can't play today - busy scanning my dev box because a CrewChief user over at the S3 forums had a heuristic virus detection warning on the _no_sound_pack zip file. It looks like a false positive, and my dev box is recently built with no hooky software, but I've had to pull the OS disk and bung it in my other box to scan it full Sad

Out of curiosity I tried Sonoma in Project Cars the other day and it's really very different to Raceroom's version. And looks bloomin terrible Smiley
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2015, 02:20:23 PM +0100 »

Into high 38s now....  Grin
The little Beemer is quick, but I do rather like the Volvo, it's what I tested with at this track, and it feels lumbering
but isn't. I like the Big Beemer, it's more stable, but I can't get it going round here fast enough.

Berger R - 74

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2015, 02:40:49 PM +0100 »

I like it too. The little Beemer is easy to chuck around there and gets my vote. Still not sure about my laptimes and can't play today - busy scanning my dev box because a CrewChief user over at the S3 forums had a heuristic virus detection warning on the _no_sound_pack zip file. It looks like a false positive, and my dev box is recently built with no hooky software, but I've had to pull the OS disk and bung it in my other box to scan it full Sad

Out of curiosity I tried Sonoma in Project Cars the other day and it's really very different to Raceroom's version. And looks bloomin terrible Smiley

hi mr. belowski,

i did same, i did test in pcars too with same car (think it was same car the little bmw), and the track looks more better in R3E somehow and the feeling to drive the car around the track was much better too.
i did forgot my laptime i did, as it was only short testing between R3E and pcars, but the little bmw was great to drive in this track, looks like another very great car/track combination.

hope for more sign ups, only downside actual in R3E this is, but hope that now that summer is away, more people do drive racegames again.

servus

mr_belowski

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2015, 03:08:38 PM +0100 »

Yeah, I was in the little beemer for my PCars test too, and it just felt a bit rubbish really. But it's a hoot to drive in RaceRoom

The lack of numbers for these raceroom events is a real shame. 6 or 7 drivers for each event just isn't enough IMO and after this season's done it might be worth reconsidering the tracks and series we run. Once the ADAC GTM 2015 pack is released there'll be a lot of new players with this content looking for somewhere to race. Might be worth running a series with those cars to get the numbers in and get some more interest in the game. I'd prefer to drive the old classics, but maybe we could come back to them once there was a bigger player base?
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2015, 03:14:18 PM +0100 »

I missed the last one 'cause I organised everything for a day early. I was on the server with a Nissan and for some reason no one joined me...

Maybe its 'cause I'm wired differently wrong...
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com