The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 02:37:00 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E2H Suzuka: October 22, 2015
October 22, 2015, 09:06:10 PM +0100 - Suzuka (GP) - RRE Season 2 Historics
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 3 +0.606
---
1 30:31.203
---
14 0 2:09.530
---
Goodyear  
Berger R - 74
 Supersonic Racing
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 1 2:09.197
---
2 +0.243
---
14 0 2:09.275
---
Goodyear  
Anty

BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 2 +0.044
---
3 +32.182
---
14 0 2:10.373
---
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 4 +2.082
---
4 +39.268
---
14 0 2:11.826
---
Goodyear  
Mark J
 Legends Racing
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 6 +3.959
---
5 +1:34.897
---
14 0 2:13.210
---
Goodyear  
roguk
 Clark-Hill Racing
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 9 +8.818
---
6 +1L
---
13 0 2:16.632
---
Goodyear  
Hotkeys
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 7 +4.396
---
7 +7L
---
7 0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
mr_belowski

BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 5 +3.625
---
8 +5L
---
9 0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
BMW M1 Procar {unknown} 8 +6.975
---
9 +14L
---
0 0 ---
---
unknown
Goodyear  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 2 Race Room Historics - Suzuka - Oct 22  (Read 10210 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: October 22, 2015, 09:20:46 PM +0100 »

The results file format has changed, it now shows each lap info for all people. it says "bad time" when I try to load it.
I will investigae/call for international rescue.

Ant made a slow start, I was carefull not to ram him, and then several people went past, then it all got a bit physical  thumbdown
Once we all got going it was good, I don't like the steering feel anymore, but it was drivable, and had a good race chasing Jim
who politely fell of to let me through after a while  whistling I then let Ant through at the hairpin, assuming he would
run away into the distance, but he didn't go that much faster. Maybe if they get a load of bad feedback they may revert the "downdate"

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: October 22, 2015, 09:23:25 PM +0100 »

Do you have the replay Ant? I can put mine somehwhere if you like

Anty

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 22, 2015, 09:50:29 PM +0100 »

I will check tomorrow, I am a little annoyed. I had the pace to have a good scrap with Goldtop and Servus,

The reverse grid for the single player is a known bug.
I am sure my HUD disappearing is a bug

It was like driving in the dark, I am now really disappointed, they have taken the game backwards I feel.

The way I feel now it to leave the GT3 series till they sort out something with the online play.

Now I was visible but everything else was invisible to me

Ant

#Ant
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: October 22, 2015, 11:10:11 PM +0100 »

Sorry for the bump Tony, it seems I was bumped into you.  Sad

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2015, 11:32:46 PM +0100 »

Impressive pace up front and interested to see what your doing to make the car handle better but to me until I get a decent steering input it's not worth racing, plus numbers are low still.

Here are the settings I used this evening which were perfect for me.....

And my race setup....

900 degrees in my Logitech profiler with the standard GTR2 type settings.

I tried the new AC update today to compare the McLaren at Spa back to back with RR and tbh they both felt very good and there was little to choose between them.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 23, 2015, 12:04:48 AM +0100 »

What a fantastic race and what a surprise result  Grin

Had a great race long battle with Reinhard who was pulling away from me on the first lap but then ran wide allowing me to pass and take the lead. Managed to hold on without too much pushing until I ran too deep at the chicane  Roll Eyes

Thought that was my chance gone but kept pace and managed to run a tighter line at the hairpin for a side by side race all the way round to Spoon. Didn't quite manage to keep the place that time but tried the same move the next lap and made it stick with a couple of laps to go  sweatdrop

Wonderful clean racing Reinhard just how it should be  Cool

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 23, 2015, 08:21:54 AM +0100 »

thanks for the settings GT, will give them a try later and see if they improve the steering input, though I have a fanatec CSR_E wheel.
I saw the steering was at 720 in mine but I tried upping it to 900 thinking that's what its supposed to be..ie 900degs rotation. That was naff so I scaled it back to 800 but still didn't like it. I had 800 with a lock of 32 in the end I think.

Cant compare setups yet as mine seem to be in imperial, need to change to metric. Though I see I ran too much wing at 1-3

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2015, 09:02:05 AM +0100 »

Thanks for the screenshots Tudor  thumbup1

@Ant If you post on the RRE forum and provide us with a link to it we can all give you an agree tick.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Berger R - 74

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2015, 09:13:54 AM +0100 »

i had a great battle with goldtop the complete race,

it was very difficulty to stay in touch with him and not doing a mistake, with this cars it is so easy to make a mistake (for me).
i was anytime direct behind him and was try to overtake, but with slipstream i was not able to overtake him, i was thinking....damn why i did set my rear wing to 4, i had should let it to 3 (orginal),
i was thinking goldtop use wing 3 and so i was surprised too that 1 click less wing make so much different in top speed, but now i do see that goldtop use rear wing 1 in his pictures, so this explains the big different in topspeed.

complete race was clean and we did change anytimes the lead, if i was in lead (think 2xtimes) i was try to push push and make a gap, but always if i did try to push, i did little to late brake, which this car do punish you very much, each little mistake you can not correct, so drive exaclty lines and have exaclty brake points is so important in this car now.
for me, the car do understeer if i brake to late and understeer if i push push to early out of a corner, no sure if i like the car now more as before the update.

i have similar wheel setting as goldtop, i did use 890° and 28 or 29° steering lock (before update i had 34° steering lock i think), so goldtop 720°/23° should be exaclty same wheel sensible.
the orginal 720°/20° did looks little slow reaction and so i did a little more sensible(quick).

still not much drivers in R3E, but i had much fun, i like that in R3E you can make close races with ohter driver, in AC for example this is nearly not possible to do for 30min. without a accident happen.

servus (which is not my name anty, this is same a hello, or goodbye, or hi,  only in bavarian language,haha)

Anty

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 23, 2015, 09:21:19 AM +0100 »

Hello Mr Berger

I watch the reply and man I wanted to be there with you guys, I see you had a very good battle.

The bug I had last night is known, one of the beta testers has confirmed it for me. I was really flying blind. I hope it does not happen again to me. But overhaul it was ok chasing down people in front, I felt a little like Hamilton last night. Hahaa

Martin, I slowed down after passing you, I thought I bumped you thats why you went on.

PS. What position did I finesh in? I still don't know

#Ant
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2015, 11:02:04 AM +0100 »

MultiplayerRacePlayer><BestLapTime>130373</BestLapTime><Car>BMW M1 Procar</Car><FinishStatus>Finished</FinishStatus><FullName>Anthony Rofail</FullName><Position>3</Position><RaceSessionLaps><MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><PitStopOccured>false</PitStopOccured><Position>8</Position><Time>147507</Time></MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><PitStopOccured>false</PitStopOccured><Position>7</Position><Time>138582</Time></MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><PitStopOccured>false</PitStopOccured><Position>6</Position><Time>130850</Time></MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><PitStopOccured>false</PitStopOccured><Position>5</Position><Time>131546</Time></MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><PitStopOccured>false</PitStopOccured><Position>5</Position><Time>130373</Time></MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><PitStopOccured>false</PitStopOccured><Position>5</Position><Time>131055</Time></MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><PitStopOccured>false</PitStopOccured><Position>5</Position><Time>130855</Time></MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><PitStopOccured>false</PitStopOccured><Position>3</Position><Time>132063</Time></MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><PitStopOccured>false</PitStopOccured><Position>3</Position><Time>130576</Time></MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><PitStopOccured>false</PitStopOccured><Position>3</Position><Time>130976</Time></MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><PitStopOccured>false</PitStopOccured><Position>3</Position><Time>130965</Time></MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><PitStopOccured>false</PitStopOccured><Position>3</Position><Time>133914</Time></MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><PitStopOccured>false</PitStopOccured><Position>3</Position><Time>131267</Time></MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><MultiplayerRaceSessionLap><PitStopOccured>false</PitStopOccured><Position>3</Position><Time>132848</Time></MultiplayerRaceSessionLap></RaceSessionLaps><TotalTime>1863385</TotalTime><Username>LionofJudah72</Username></MultiplayerRacePlayer>

Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2015, 08:56:48 PM +0100 »

I also think RRE' s Update is a step in the Wong direction, and the online part sucks BAD!

Earlier this evening I joined an online LFS race in their version of the Lotus Super 7.

It made me wonder why we don't use LFS. It's by far the best simulation IMO, and the online facilities are unparalleled.

The cars are not copies of real life cars, the tracks are fictional and the sounds, even though they are generated and very accurate, are boring.

But it works flawlessly,  you can design your own skins, you can Use weight or power handicaps as you please, you can design your own track layout ( automatically downloaded when you enter the race ) you can exchange setups online, the tire physics are awesome, the clutch is worn down if you treat it like a brute, you get instant messages like "new track record", The list goes on and on.

As much s I like the looks and the sounds of the cars in P@G and RRE, I'm fed up with all the errors and problems.

Stig
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 09:12:07 PM +0100 by Hotkeys » Logged

Stig Ravnbøl / Alias Hotkeys
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2015, 11:46:06 AM +0100 »

Never heard of it, I will have a play with it. There are two problems with it that hit me immediately:

1: The cars are not real, and a lot of people here don't like fantasy tracks nevermind fantasy cars that are "a bit like" real ones.
half the point of what we do here is to emulate real world racing.

2: For the Thursday night races, which have been historic of some form or another for the last few years, there is nothing in this that suits.

I am downloading it, and if enough people agree with you, I will run some test events.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2015, 12:39:24 PM +0100 »

I tried LFS yonks ago when I was first dabbling into simracing so can't comment on how good it is/was because it has bound to be different now. Lots of simmers rave about it and there are leagues dedicated to it so it surely has to be good.

Having said that, quality of content is a biggy for me. Raceroom has great historic cars and great GT/sports cars which drive superbly and look stunning on track and are set in packs that are ready and waiting for league racing. There are no dodgy mods to download or test or become unusable after every update and the devs continue to develop existing content and work on new goodies for us. It does currently lack some important features but we are assured that these are being worked on and in the meantime it still produces excellent racing.

I'm not opposed to trying different sims, in fact totally the opposite but Raceroom is the package that is most appealing to me at this time.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2015, 12:59:15 PM +0100 »

Just did a few laps in LFS demo with all 3 free cars, and though it was quite nice there was nothing in it that made me want to buy any more content.
It looks arcadey, the cars handle well. the sound is terrible, could be me being thick, but couldn't get the FFB to do anything.
Perhaps I'm just grumpy this morning, but it did nothing for me.  Huh

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com