The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 05:17:48 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E1GT3 Portimão: October 25, 2015
October 25, 2015, 09:06:46 PM +0000 - Portimão - RRE Season 1 GT3
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Berger R - 74
 Supersonic Racing
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 1 +1:43.151
---
1 31:22.560
---
18 0 1:43.338
---
Michelin  
Anty

BMW Alpina B6 GT3 2 +1:43.413
---
2 +23.189
---
18 0 1:43.901
---
Michelin  
Chunky

Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 3 +1:44.351
---
3 +24.210
---
18 0 1:44.382
---
Michelin  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 4 +1:44.451
---
4 +34.319
---
18 0 1:43.835
---
Michelin  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 5 +1:45.691
---
5 +1L
---
17 0 1:46.527
---
Michelin  
Cuomo

Chevrolet Camaro GT3 6 +1:49.222
---
6 +10.604
---
17 0 1:48.847
---
Pirelli  
Hotkeys
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3
---
7 +17L
---
1 0 ---
---
unknown
Michelin  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 1 Race Room GT3 - Portimão - Oct 25  (Read 12156 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2015, 12:57:59 PM +0100 »

Practice: 19:45 GMT (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 ~ 30 Mins

Cars allowed: Any car from "GTR3" class
Track: Portimao GP
Time of Day Setting: Afternoon
Weather: Dry

Start: Standing
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: OFF
Pit-stops: None required

Server: Simracing.org.uk E1GT3
Password: see above

Championship Standings

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro track pack for this series
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 02:58:04 PM +0100 by goldtop » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2015, 02:12:20 PM +0100 »

This will be the first event in a 5 race series which will run alternative Sundays for the rest of this year. Further series using modern GT, sports and prototypes will follow if this is successful.

For this first race we will be at Portimao which comes as free content when you install Raceroom Racing Experience from Steam. This is to make it more accessible for any new drivers who wish to try Raceroom with minimal cost. However you will still need to purchase at least one car to take part. The cars available at present are: http://game.raceroom.com/store/cars/gtr-3

There are more cars planned for the GTR3 class and it is likely that they will soon be available as a pack or to buy individually and these will be included in the available cars for this race (if released in time) and for the rest of this series.

Thanks to Tony and Matt for all their help in setting this up and to H@L for accommodating us  thumbup1

For tips on setting up and running Raceroom see here.....

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=13168.0

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Berger R - 74

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2015, 03:34:40 PM +0100 »

looks like i have to buy GT3 cars now too,
as i only have the ADAC GT 2014 cars, little different the cars are from what i did reading in forums.
but think cars will be very cheap.

servus

edit....but please people, do the slow down penalty away for this race, probably the most bad track for this penalty, you get the penaltys on very very strange places where never a cut was, in places where NO cuts are you get slow down, and in places where you can earn time you get NO warnings, realy no fun this track is with slow down penalty, people here do not cut for earn time (only if we make a little mistake), all gentlemen drivers are.

« Last Edit: October 15, 2015, 03:37:58 PM +0100 by Berger R - 74 » Logged
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2015, 05:53:08 PM +0100 »

looks like i have to buy GT3 cars now too,
as i only have the ADAC GT 2014 cars, little different the cars are from what i did reading in forums.
but think cars will be very cheap.

servus

edit....but please people, do the slow down penalty away for this race, probably the most bad track for this penalty, you get the penaltys on very very strange places where never a cut was, in places where NO cuts are you get slow down, and in places where you can earn time you get NO warnings, realy no fun this track is with slow down penalty, people here do not cut for earn time (only if we make a little mistake), all gentlemen drivers are.

I think the slow down penalties are a good way to ensure drivers stick to track limits and control their cars during race. Generally they work very well in Raceroom and they are the same for all drivers so as long as we stay within the track limits there is no problem.

There are too many places to gain time by running wide at Portimao whether deliberate or by mistake so slow downs penalties stay.

Anty

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2015, 07:29:55 PM +0100 »

Hey Gents

I am in... rockon wheelchair

#Ant
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2015, 02:50:57 PM +0100 »

Tony or Goldtop

This is only GT3 cars?

The reason why I ask is because ADAC is also classified as GT3, but they seem to be a little quicker.

Thank you
Ant

#Ant
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2015, 03:34:56 PM +0100 »

Tony or Goldtop

This is only GT3 cars?

The reason why I ask is because ADAC is also classified as GT3, but they seem to be a little quicker.

Thank you
Ant

I think Goldtop wants to just use the RRE GTR3 class for the time being.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2015, 04:32:00 PM +0100 »

Tony or Goldtop

This is only GT3 cars?

Thank you
Ant

I think Goldtop wants to just use the RRE GTR3 class for the time being.

Yep, the ADAC cars are not being used in this series. We will only be using the "GTR3" cars. There are likely to be more cars added to this class in a soon to be released update (possibly in time for this event) and these will also be available to race as soon as they have been released.

Anty

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2015, 04:47:42 PM +0100 »

Sweet, now to just get the guys

#Ant
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2015, 06:04:51 AM +0100 »

Tried the Beemer and Merc but can't get either to turn in they both understeer and plough straight on.   Roll Eyes Huh

HELP

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
Anty

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2015, 06:57:24 AM +0100 »

Good Morning Bill

I have the same problem when I tested which car I will choose for the series. As a rule the adac are much more positive on the steering.

Try to increase the rear bar, this helps deacrease understeer..

Ant

#Ant
Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2015, 11:18:35 AM +0100 »

Tried the Beemer and Merc but can't get either to turn in they both understeer and plough straight on.   Roll Eyes Huh

HELP

I find these cars pretty agile and willing to turn even with the default setup. But remember to try the Audi, its the easiest to handle IMO. Also you can try stiffening the rear springs or/and softening the front springs.

Stig

PS. I don't recommend checking the leaderboard for this combo. I did, and I don't think I have ever felt so inadequate  wheelchair

Stig Ravnbøl / Alias Hotkeys
BillThomas

We will rock you! Rock on.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2015, 11:41:16 AM +0100 »

Thanks for that, I've already have max rear antirollbar and max rear springs also increased front toe out. It must be me, I'll keep fiddling with setup and see what happens. Grin

Bill Thomas   wheelchair
Another one bites the dust
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2015, 11:48:25 AM +0100 »

Move brake bias back a couple of notches  Wink

Remember that there are likely to be more cars to choose from by the time we race (probably a new "GTR3" pack). All of these cars are expected to have updated physics which includes a new tyre model so I wouldn't spend too much time on setup until then.

The leaderboards will probably be cleared too as the cars are said to be slower reflecting their RL performance.

« Last Edit: October 17, 2015, 11:50:04 AM +0100 by goldtop » Logged

Hotkeys

Heels on Fire

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 17, 2015, 11:51:28 AM +0100 »

also increased front toe out.

Surely you must mean toe in?

Stig

Stig Ravnbøl / Alias Hotkeys
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print