The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 19, 2024, 05:19:24 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Do you want to compete in UKGTR Sprint Season 3?
GT (full time)
GT (reserve)
NGT (full time)
NGT (reserve)
No (but I just had to vote)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Sprint Season 3  (Read 7646 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: March 14, 2006, 02:40:01 PM +0000 »

With the aim of getting this kicked off in early April, and using the refreshed car pack currently in use for Endurance, please indicate whether you would like to take part in the (presumably) final GTR Sprint championships before GTR2 is released.

Please use some common sense and don't say yes to both full time and reserve in one class. Tongue

I'm expecting the format to be the same as Season 2, but with 8 races instead of 10, with Enna being used for the March 26 refreshed pack test race, and Spa to be reserved for a Race of Champions special as a "farewell to GTR 1" in the summer.

At this stage, this is not an official registration thread, but a pre-registration interest-gauger.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2006, 04:38:44 PM +0000 »

Well, I wanna use all of GTR (what's left of it), so I voted for both full time. Providing there's space, of course. If I have to choose one, I will decide at the official registration. But I saw full server only at the begining of the season (1&2), so I guess full time both may be possible.  Smiley
[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2006, 05:14:14 PM +0000 »

Full time both here as well. GTR still 00000000wnnnnnnnzzzzzzzz0000rrrrrroooooozzzzrrrrrzzz!

Or was that Awkkk! ? Wink Huh Shocked

Cool

T
Adam Parle
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2006, 10:51:47 AM +0000 »

I'd like to take part in the NGT Sprint, preferrably full-time, but I'll take what I can get!  NGT/GT, full-time/part-time, I just want to get some more online racing.  Not done much with GTR recently, but having taken the Saleen round Barca with the DFP I just want to race!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2006, 10:55:13 AM +0000 by Adam Parle » Logged
Iain

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2006, 10:29:45 PM +0000 »

im going to devote myself to UKGTL  Cool

GtrRank name = Iain
locutos ukgtr
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2006, 05:57:26 AM +0000 »

Same here Iain, not through choice though, 1fps has killed GTR for me. Roll on summer and GTR2.

will16v

PSN: will_16v XBL: will16v

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2006, 09:15:48 PM +0000 »

I would deffo be interested in racing in this season if possible...!

whitham69

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2006, 10:06:40 PM +0000 »

I found that pretty hard TBH. sry for the tap jam Embarrassed

had an awful moment into turn 1 when being lapped. I move over to let them by but couldn't see rich, so checked behind when i looked back forward i clipped the grass new i wasn't going to make the corner and was going to  hit flybri and rich so i floored it over the grass and just got across the track in front of flybri  missing him by yard.Sry chaps bet i scared you!

well done to greg on the win

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2006, 11:20:29 AM +0000 »

Can I change my vote to GT full time and NGT full time (previously only NGT full time) please?

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2006, 11:21:36 AM +0000 »

I'm expecting the format to be the same as Season 2, but with 8 races instead of 10, with Enna being used for the March 26 refreshed pack test race, and Spa to be reserved for a Race of Champions special as a "farewell to GTR 1" in the summer.

To be honest, I'd rather see Monza go than Enna. Monza sucks the balls off elephants! Can't remember having many good races at Monza ever, unlike Enna.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2006, 11:35:45 AM +0000 »

Personaly Ive had some great races at Monza, last night for example.  We all have preferences for different tracks, I love Brno, can we have a championship made up of 10 races at brno ?  Obviously that would be silly but my point is that we should keep all the tracks regardless of whether individuals have a prefence for track A over track B.

I would like to see the championship format remain the same with all 10 tracks included.  Why ditch Enna and Spa ?  If we want a skin test or farwell race why not just add these in at a convieniant point ?

Perhaps we should have a 10 race combined GT and NGT sprint season ?

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2006, 11:56:20 AM +0000 »

Personally, I hate Monza & Enna.  Wink

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Edza

Crawler of Kerbs

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2006, 01:06:08 PM +0000 »

Love Enna, don't really mind Monza myself....am GAGGING to get into season three, yes indeedy, the Kerbcrawlers shall rise from the ashes I tells ya!

All teams beware, we're angry, we're hungry and we've revenge on our mind! Wink
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2006, 01:21:31 PM +0000 »

I would like to see the championship format remain the same with all 10 tracks included.  Why ditch Enna and Spa ?

Two reasons to shorten the season:

Firstly, as we all know, attendence tends to drop off quite dramatically towards the end of a season, so the shorter the season the better the average attendence. UKGPL uses a 9 race season so reducing slightly from 10 doesn't seem unreasonable.

Secondly, there's a timing issue with the possible release of GTR2 in June. Yes, I know, I'll believe it when I see it too. Wink

The choice of Spa is down to it being by far the longest track and therefore a bit anomalous in the set. Enna will be gone from GTR2 as they didn't race there after 2003 so we might as well get used to it. Wink

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2006, 01:32:08 PM +0000 »

Lol!  I love Monza and Spa and hate Brno and Estoril, but like Greg said, everyone gets on better at different tracks.  I'd be sorry to see any tracks bite the dust for season 3, I could vaguely understand wanting to get rid of them off the endurance season because the fewer cars make it more lonely, but the sprints (assuming a good 20 peeps turn up which should happen really) tend to involve more action.

I think it's seriously wishful thinking to expect GTR2 to come along in the summer, be usable with no updates and few practice races.  Look at GTL!  If a season starts before October I'll be shocked.  So why have an 8-race sprint season?  There should be time to fit in 20 weeks of sprint races.  Also if a race is to be dropped it should be done at random so no-one benifits, just because some people run badly somewhere shouldn't mean it's struck from the calendar.  I don't care if Spa is long or Enna is dangerous, it's the same time racing on those tracks as the other 8.  Racing isn't just about going round twisty off-camber tracks all the time  Undecided

I'll race regardless though if there's room Wink

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com