The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

April 25, 2024, 04:53:10 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E3MS Suzuka: October 02, 2016
October 02, 2016, 09:32:18 PM +0100 - Suzuka (GP) - RRE Season 3 (2016) Masters Series
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Berger R - 74
 Supersonic Racing
Ruf RT12R GTR3 GT3 4 +2:04.356
---
1 41:10.717
---
19 0 2:03.259
---
Yokohama  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW Z4 GT3 GT3 1 +2:02.949
---
2 +8.105
---
19 0 2:03.862
---
Pirelli  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
Ruf RT12R GTR3 GT3 2 +2:03.590
---
3 +18.757
---
19 0 2:04.073
---
Yokohama  
APEXTECHUSA
 Supersonic Racing
BMW Z4 GT3 GT3
---
4 +1L
---
18 0 2:07.578
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
McLaren MP4-12C GT3 6 +2:07.455
---
5 -1:36.180
---
18 0 2:08.015
---
Michelin  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Mustang GT3 GT3 5 +2:05.193
---
6 +14L
---
5 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
Audi R8 LMS Ultra GT3 3 +2:03.740
---
7 +10L
---
9 0 ---
---
unknown
Michelin  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Race Room Experience
GT3
2:03.259
---
Berger R - 74
Race
Ruf RT12R GTR3October 02, 2016, 09:32:18 PM +0100
E3MS
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 3 (2016) Race Room Masters Series - Suzuka - Oct 2  (Read 3753 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2016, 04:11:52 PM +0100 »

Raceroom Masters Series Round 4

Practice: 20:00 BST (30 mins)
Qual 2: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 ~ 40 Mins

Cars allowed: GTR3
Track: Suzuka GP
Time of Day Setting: Afternoon
Weather: Dry
Start: Manual Rolling (see notes)
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Password: see above
Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

This race will be a rolling start following a formation lap and the procedure is as follows:

*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2016, 12:29:15 PM +0100 »

Suzuka is looking rather Germanic there!

Looking forward to getting back to the GTR3s. Away all weekend so will try and practise on Friday night

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2016, 12:23:00 PM +0100 »

They must have done something to these since we last used them! Dug out my old Z3 setup but little too much understeer. Will probably drive the audi, but still need a bit more work on the setup. The default is pretty shocking and some extreme changes helped a bit but not sure about for a race.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2016, 09:31:39 PM +0100 »

Leaderboard

http://game.raceroom.com/leaderboard/?track=1841&car_class=class-1703&driving_model=2

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2016, 04:48:14 PM +0100 »

Had a quick shot at the leaderboard just now and set my benchmark with the trusty Ruf then drove a few of the cars to see how the BOP is these days. Bentley, vette and merc seemed there or thereabouts although I didn't complete a full lap but the Ford still blitzed them all even with a scrappy lap. Unfortunately the Ford lap hasn't appeared on the leaderboard yet but maybe it will update soon.

I'll give some of the other cars a go now.

Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 09:47:46 PM +0100 »

How on earth did I get 3rd, should've been Dieters', Marks', anyones', but mine.
Having lulled myself into a false sense of security, with 2nd in qually. I just forgot where I was at turn one, lap2?/3?. Hence, I was back to my usual state of terror at Spuzuka. Finding myself off track, more than on. Think that/I may have messed with Dieters head, too.. Sorry sir. After Dieter left, Mark was following. If I gained any time, I immediately gave some back. All the while, watching the gaps forward get greater. I felt sure, I was destined for failure... then Mark left too. I lucked into the 3rd place finish.

Grats Reinhard (nice return), Tudor and all.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2016, 10:12:31 PM +0100 »

Enjoyed the Z4, don't think I've raced it before. Not the quickest in a straight line but has good downforce and handling which drives well through the twisties at Suzuka.

Good to see Reinhard back  Cool He was reeling me in for most of the race but just as we were all set for a great battle I planted the Z4 in the tyre wall at the hairpin  Hit with a wet fish

Well done all  Smiley

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2016, 10:52:56 AM +0100 »

MIssed the race as I was driving back from Kames last night. Results now done.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2016, 12:26:25 PM +0100 »

Never really got on with the track in the past, and could never get the front end of the car working well, just seemed to scrub too much and give understeer which meant I had make the car a touch too much oversteery initially. Ended up going off as I couldn't turn in at the speed to the uphill, off c amber long lefthander before degner 1.

Even up till the race I had been trying out some of the other cars but no one of them really worked well here.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2016, 05:32:47 PM +0100 »

After my problems with recording leaderboard laps I raised a support ticket and received this reply which might help others too.

"There's currently a bug in class filtered leaderboards that causes new lap times not be recorded if the player doesn't use the same car that currently holds their record time on the leaderboard.

Until this is fixed, you can filter the leaderboard by individual cars instead. When doing this, times are recorded correctly."

frex

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2016, 06:11:26 PM +0100 »

Think that/I may have messed with Dieters head, too.. Sorry sir.

Haha, no, I messed with my own head by forgetting to fuel up for the race.. Not practised either, so if anyone came up behind me I tended to just let them by rather than be guilty of holding them up. I spun at the hairpin, and with not enough fuel to finish anyway I decided to quit.

Congrats podium.
frex

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2016, 06:14:32 PM +0100 »

Btw the gearing in the Mustang seemed way too long for this track, and I couldn't change it in setup. Surely that's not right? Do the other GT3 cars have locked final drive and gear ratios?
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2016, 06:38:52 PM +0100 »

Btw the gearing in the Mustang seemed way too long for this track, and I couldn't change it in setup. Surely that's not right? Do the other GT3 cars have locked final drive and gear ratios?

Yes all GT3 cars have locked ratios as in real life series (as far as I'm aware).

frex

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2016, 06:58:45 PM +0100 »

Ah ok, thanks GT.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com