The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 10:28:17 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Gasp - 2018 Ford Mustang will not be offered with a V6  (Read 2613 times)
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2016, 10:53:07 PM +0000 »

I used to laugh because every article about the V6 version of the Mustang made reference to rental car fleets, but it is not funny anymore. I have heard that Ford is no longer going to offer the V6 engine with the Mustang. This would not have been so bad a few years ago, but now the V6 is more powerful, more efficient and less expensive. And to make things worse, the V8 version is much more expensive now because it can only be had with loads of options (brembo brakes, recaro seats, etc.)

http://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/autos-sports/everything-we-think-we-know-about-the-2018-ford-mustang/ar-BBxnbQe?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

Sunday Driver
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2016, 06:59:49 AM +0000 »

The real world (outside North America) doesn't get the V6 now - the 2.3 Ecoboost is even more efficient and even cheaper,, and slightly more powerful, the V6 just make sense any more.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Walter Conn
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2016, 09:18:24 PM +0000 »

The real world (outside North America) doesn't get the V6 now - the 2.3 Ecoboost is even more efficient and even cheaper,, and slightly more powerful, the V6 just make sense any more.

Thanks for the reply, that answers my question as to why. Ford wants to build world cars, and not just cater to smaller markets. It is interesting to compare the strengths of both the V6 vs the Four banger. Of course I am biased torwards the six.

Is this story similar to the BMW straight six?

Sunday Driver
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com