Quarterly cost: �0

April 25, 2024, 01:43:20 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPP Roy Hesketh (…
S4455GPW Roy Hesketh (…
S4466CA Bathurst
S4467F1W Mont-Tremblant
S4467F1P Mont-Tremblant
S4467F2P Snetterton (L…
S4467F2A Snetterton (L…
Forthcoming
S4455GPW Reims (1954-7…
S4455GPP Reims (1954-7…
S4466CA Michigan
S4467F1W Aintree
S4467F1P Aintree
S4467F2P Sempione (193…
S4467F2A Sempione (193…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S31 Bathurst: January 10, 2017
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 31 - GT Fun - Bathurst - Jan 10  (Read 5283 times)
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« on: January 09, 2017, 04:56:53 PM +0000 »

Season 31 - Lola T70 MK3 - Fun Race – Bathurst

Let's have some fun at the wonderfull Bathurst track with another GT spec race,
I chose the Lola, as it is a very good handling car, just be carefull with the Chevy engine  Wink  

Mount Panorama, Motor Racing Circuit Bathurst (also known as Wahluu by the Wiradjuri people, or often simply Bathurst) is a motor racing track located in Bathurst, New South Wales, Australia. It is best known as the home of the Bathurst 12 Hour motor race, held each February, and the Bathurst 1000 motor race, held each October. The track is 6.213 km (4 mi) long, and is technically a street circuit, as the circuit is a public road when no racing events are being run, and there are many residences which can only be accessed from the circuit. The track is an unusual design by modern standards, with a 174-metre (570-foot) vertical difference between its highest and lowest points, and grades as steep as 1:6.13. From the start-finish line, the track can be viewed in three sections; the short pit straight and then a tight left turn into the long, steep Mountain straight; the tight, narrow section across the top of the mountain itself; and then the long, downhill section of Conrod Straight, and the turn back onto pit straight to complete the lap.

The event is unmoderated – but the usual high standards are expected.

Unlimited Shift R is allowed & there are no Stop & Go’s.

Race listiGOR
ServerUKGPL_8
IP addresslook at IGOR
Date10-01-2017
Trackpanorama
ModGT Lola T70 MK3  with 60fpsV1
Damage INT long
Race timeRace starts at 21:30 UK time
Qualifying 20:45 UK time ~45 minutes
Race length22 laps
Replay get here

Please restrict chat to emergency messages only including at the end of the race until ALL drivers still racing have crossed the line.

GLA and FUN
« Last Edit: January 10, 2017, 10:55:04 PM +0000 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2017, 07:59:08 PM +0000 »

I highly recommend to use the silently released:

GPL Tire Pressure Bug Fix Patch
Fixes a bug where the wrong optimum tire pressure is used.

http://gplmotorworks.gplworld.de/

It makes the car way more controllable!

Axel "Cookie"

francesco

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2017, 06:55:35 AM +0000 »

Since is a xml file,must be put into the GEM+/ mod folder?
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2017, 01:35:00 PM +0000 »

Yes Fran, in the options where the 60fps files are Wink

Axel "Cookie"

francesco

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2017, 03:08:13 PM +0000 »

ok,thank you.
DLogan

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2017, 07:16:34 PM +0000 »

...Fixes a bug where the wrong optimum tire pressure is used...

Nothing I could find really says what it does, though. What is the "optimum", what is the "wrong" one, where was it used, do we have to adjust setups, do we activate this for all mods?  Huh
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2017, 08:18:13 PM +0000 »

The patch corrects a bug in the original GPL.exe!

This means it works with all mods (except the CANM66 and F1-55 wich have it allready included)

You must test it, as it will slow you down at the beginning as it has a higher rolling resistance (the tires have more ground contact!)

The Sports cars will profit most as the tire temps were obvious much more different on the middle than the sides.

But you will have a much better feeling for the car in such tight esses like the Mount Panorama has  Wink

Axel "Cookie"

Samb

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2017, 09:16:58 AM +0000 »

It was good to blow away the cobwebs and get back to the action this race. Haven't raced the Lola for a long time so took me a while to be somewhat competitive. Starting towards the back I spent most of my race battling hard with Doni which was terrific fun. Eventually I threw myself off the road and recovered in last place. From that point I was curious to see what punishment the engine would sustain and despite me taking it to the red-line consistently it didn't give up on me. Though the engine was solid, I definitely wasn't with a spin almost every lap. I was just becoming a hazard so bravely called it a day  Roll Eyes. Congrats to Greg and all finishers.
Doni Yourth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2017, 12:18:32 PM +0000 »

Yes, that was HUGE fun, Sam.  Smiley  Very close and very fair driving.  It's why you do sim racing, imo.  Bad luck on that crippling spin.

Grats to Greg showing blistering speed and that even with GPLRA's Mechanical Report noting some engine and suspension damage.  Heaven only knows what you'd manage with a fit car!  Smiley

Nice work by Axel to score a worthy P2.  Tristan pipped me on the Conrod Straight on the last lap for P3.  Grrr...  Nice recovery, TB.

In my duel with Sam, my vision was giving up fast and in all honesty, I should have just conceded without duking it out.  I was just an accident looking for a place to happen.  Later on, Clive closed in fast and after initially trying to hold him off, I thought the better of it and let him go.  Best decision for both of us.  Quite pleased to see that I managed all laps without a '64' but noted that most of my laps were rather conservative on pace.  Drivin' to survive.
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2017, 03:02:16 PM +0000 »

That was fun! It's the first time I've driven the GTs here. Interesting choice Axel. It could have been more fun if I practiced and Tristan had loaded enough fuel.

I thought it was a rather ugly race from my point of view. I started good but once Tristan made a mistake, I started making mistakes too. I couldn't drive consistently after lap 4. I spun 2 or 3 times. I lost it in the same turn two laps in a row. One time, it flipped Tristan. Sad My apologies Tristan. I was a passenger at that point. I hit the banking hard another time too. I was very surprised that didn't roll the car. I hit the banking a few times shortly before the long straight too. I thought I had damaged my car but I didn't realize the extent of it until Doni mentioned it. I used a longer 3rd, 4th, and 5th gear for the race. I didn't think the engine would tolerate the gear set I used in practice. The long 5th gear really helped to keep up with Tristan early in the race.

I was shocked at the start Tristan made. I thought my start could have been better but I didn't think it was bad either. Early in lap 2, I began thinking, "how the heck is Tristan so fast!?" After another lap I began suspecting he had not loaded enough fuel. After 3-4 laps my tires were warm and it was getting easier to keep up with Tristan. On lap 5 Tristan made a mistake at the last turn. I thought, "This is it. I've got this one." But I spun at the last turn. When Tristan reset, I thought he needed fuel but I wasn't sure his engine hadn't exploded. At some point later in the race I still wasn't sure he was light on fuel. When I lost it and wrecked him, I felt terrible thinking he might be heavy on fuel again. I'm glad that forcing him to reset did not matter a great deal since he only loaded 4-5 laps of fuel. My inconsistency and Tristan's regular refueling probably made things more interesting for Axel. It gave him somebody to chase many times through the race. I waited for Tristan once but when made another mistake, I drove off, hoping to set fast lap. It's very pleasing to set that lap with only 1 of 14 shifts being a speed shift.

I didn't use the patch during the race. I didn't want to use it without testing. I tried it after the race. It corrected my tire temps in pribluda. It seemed to make braking for the last turn easier too. And I seemed more consistent. I ran a faster lap but I think that's because of minor setup changes and more practice. I'll test it more to see if I think there's any difference in lap times. At this point, I think the patch may make me a little slower but more consistent.

I hope Doni's eyes start feeling better. I wish I could think of something that might help you. It didn't hurt your consistency. Nice job with that!

Heaven only knows what you'd manage with a fit car!  Smiley

At this point, I'd guess high 2:03s are possible. I've got far too little experience to know the limits yet. It's something I will explore further. There's no telling what kind of lap might be possible here with a good tow. This mod and track combination interests me. I'll surely drive it more.

Thanks guys. Even though it got rather ugly at times, I enjoyed it a lot.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
GregT

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 11, 2017, 03:10:39 PM +0000 »

Another thing, great job on the start guys. I was glad I didn't see any commotion in my mirror. I had my doubts I could make it through lap 1 without wrecking.

You know that some people are different
Now ain't that a crying shame
Now wouldn't it be a real drag if we were all the same

Savoy Brown
Cookie
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2017, 06:11:19 PM +0000 »

Yes it seems I was a little slower with the patch, but it gave me a better handling up the hill.
I had only one engine blown early when I just had the lead...

Strange we had no GT's at Bathurst before, as this track never saw a F1 race and is famous for other cars.
Maybe a CanAm 71 next  Grin

Axel "Cookie"

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 08:55:51 PM +0000 »

I have not yet applied that tyre patch, but I could not get my tyres even remotely warm during the Bathurst race. They remained in the dark blue spectrum for the whole race even if I provoked a slide??
kept the max revs to 6700 and did not blow a single engine. had to do a reset when CC flipped me over at the end of lap 1 and later when I totally outbraked myself at T1.

It was a long time since I have driven the T70 and it took me half of the race to find the sweet spot in the handling, quite pleased with my FL but would need a LOT more practice to trouble Greg and Tris!!!

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Carlos Cendejas

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 09:13:41 AM +0000 »

had to do a reset when CC flipped me over at the end of lap 1.

Embarrassed Sorry Clive, i jumped sideways and lost control when landing.  Undecided

Then i had another error at "The Dipper" and a 3er one at "The Cutting" and to make things worst i had one piston shift r and then a camshaft shift r and then another piston shift r ....   Tongue

I like that track a lot. But, i could not have the race i want it to.

Grats to the podium!!

Cheers to all!  Smiley
MagicArsouille

.... ladies and gentlemen..... start your engine

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2017, 10:39:46 AM +0000 »

Well....unfortunatly my mechanics don't put full fuel in my Lola....so I had done 4 or 5? shift-r....the 4-5 laps fuell help me at the start so I can take the lead.....I try to escape..... not easy !!....but we had enought gap for do my shift-r and lost only one place....   .... for the next shift-r ...( or another one ...don't remember Smiley...the track was not free and I have to wait ...I restart 6 or 7....and try to come back in front....but all those shift-r restarting whith cold tires don't realy help me....fortunatly the last shift-r was ok for the last laps and I can finish just on podium Smiley.....
it was good fun  anyways ....Inever do a single race whith the Lola before and it was a very good surprise as the car is fun to drive...a little bit like the Porsche but whith more speed....
WD Greg Wink....next time I will be more carrefull on the race setup !...Smiley
Thx Axel and all racers ....
cua next one Wink
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com