The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 06:51:34 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Kunos sold  (Read 3769 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: January 21, 2017, 11:35:46 AM +0000 »

http://www.virtualr.net/kunos-simulazioni-bought-digital-bros

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

nfsw55

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2017, 11:55:22 AM +0000 »

Statement from Marco Massarutto:

Ok, let's clarify this before it becomes the bigger flame of the year.

By today, Kunos Simulazioni is part of Digital Bros Family, and me and Stefano by today are shareholders of Digital Bros. That's it. We are still the founders of Kunos, we are still IN, also keeping our respective positions and responsabilities, with just few exceptions: the budget we'll manage by now doesn't come anymore from our personal profits, but from Digital Bros, our bigger AC fan. Keeping the same policy, strategies, DNA, development team, goals. So, if this news would not been made public, you couldn't realize that something is changed, because - by a gamer/simracer point of view - nothing is going to change.

The reason why this news comes like a bombshell is because Digital Bros is a listed company, therefore this kind of operation must a) kept confidential until the negotiation is over, b) go public when is done. That's it.

For whom are afraid that today a piece of their simracing world has gone, let me remind them that Digital Bros has published - under its label 505Games - the console version of Assetto Corsa, and it doesn't seem to me that AC on PS4/XB1 is an arcade game: definetely it isn't. Therefore, before to scream in any direction that "Kunos has been bought, The World is Over", please sit down, breath and think. Because the only news you should be interested is that by today, we have more resources, time and power to do our job, even better than before.

So: think easier, live better, stay strong. The Future is Bright.

Have a nice weekend
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2017, 02:00:52 PM +0000 »

phew, had me worried for a moment there  Shocked but all seems good  Smiley

Brocookie

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2017, 03:07:50 PM +0000 »

yeah, i was wondering why Marco didnt announced the news himself with this statement going alongside.

Wouldve avoided a total mental breakdown of half the sim-racing world :'D

no but seriously, i am not really worried about the development of the game, in fact i think they might benefit from it.
But DLCs could become a bit more expensive, i am afraid :/

Denis Marquardt
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com