The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 11:18:53 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A2 Donington Park: March 22, 2017
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC Season 2 - Lotus 98T Race at Donington Park - Mar 22  (Read 4152 times)
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 21, 2017, 10:03:36 AM +0000 »

Ok. I did not had the guts to dial it up to 100% yet.. Tongue  Will try it of course.
Still i think i am running too high on wing settings, so will have to do a bit more testing.
Is the setup from the setupgrid any good to start with then?

To get in the mood a link to a mixed reality vid of Senna's 98T
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLDNQVbU5EY

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 21, 2017, 12:39:46 PM +0000 »

Grab the setup off the setup supermarket Stefan, that's what I did as just don't have the time to set up an f1 car  Sad seemed to work well and better than default.

Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2017, 08:35:14 PM +0000 »

I've tweaked that setup abit and put in on ptracker. (Might need some tweaking in gearing, but I don't like the 6th gear. My gearbox sometimes mistakes the 4th for the 6th  Roll Eyes  )

And now I need a shower  Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 22, 2017, 08:50:48 PM +0000 »

well that was a short race for me  Undecided

Don't know whether the engine died or what, but the car just lost all power on lap 7 and coasted to a stop  Huh  Thought it had ran out of fuel as just went silent but I still had 56L onboard. Happened as I exited old Hairpin, very odd. Unless my early side clatter against the tyres gave me damage?

Shame only 7 brave souls turned up. As I expected, I just found it too manic after another mental day at work. Matched my pb but was 1.2+ secs up on two of my qually laps only to cock up late in the lap  Roll Eyes

Cars looked cool on track  Cool

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 22, 2017, 09:01:36 PM +0000 »

Grin Mine just blew up, not to worry.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 22, 2017, 09:08:13 PM +0000 »

Engine blew halfway through the last lap  Roll Eyes.

Race was just horrible. I've been struggling with FFB settings for months now, and i have no clue what works and what doesn't. is there a way to completely reset back to default?

No idea how people were flying past me on the straight when I had full boost and same wing settings  Huh
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 22, 2017, 09:18:55 PM +0000 »

Engine damage? That or simple drafting, tow was pretty monstrous in these!
Also if I was one of those people I probably didn't have the same wings. That was my own setup last night.

Didn't deserve 2nd but I'll take it.
Anyone have the replay? Server started the next season so I didn't catch it, want to watch my Senna-esq pass through the middle of the leaders after the chicane around lap 1 or 2 Grin
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2017, 09:30:58 PM +0000 »

Well, I definitely enjoyed the race in this beast  Grin

Slipstream effect was pretty big yeah, but did you use alot of boost early on and damage the engine maybe too much ?

Oh and for ffb do you use any apps ?

Replay: https://www.dropbox.com/s/59zr9qc4ddrbqiy/lotus_98t%40doningtonpark-gp_20170322221105?dl=0
Ps. AC saves replay from multiple session now, actually been that way since 1.10 or so  Grin
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2017, 09:42:41 PM +0000 »

Well, I definitely enjoyed the race in this beast  Grin

Slipstream effect was pretty big yeah, but did you use alot of boost early on and damage the engine maybe too much ?

I used full boost and 90% for the last 5 laps which seemed fine, but it went very quickly the last lap for some reason. But I don't really care, I tried to blow up my engine halfway through the race by spinning the wheels in the grass, to end the misery which was called this race.

Oh and for ffb do you use any apps ?

I have that FFB clip app, but I have that on manual. Will probably delete that app as it's rubbish (on auto it keeps setting my FFB to 135% or more  Roll Eyes) and delete all the preference folders.

Haven't got any motivation to race lately and wasn't likely to do this race, but thought let's give it a go. That was a mistake, so I'll pick my races more carefully next time  Tongue
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 22, 2017, 09:47:50 PM +0000 »

I have that FFB clip app, but I have that on manual. Will probably delete that app as it's rubbish (on auto it keeps setting my FFB to 135% or more  Roll Eyes) and delete all the preference folders.

Try it on auto and then dynamic. That way it keeps increasing the FFB until it clips and then it drops down. Feels very natural to me. Much heavier on straights and just about right on the corners so that you'll keep all the data going through the wheel.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 22, 2017, 10:01:27 PM +0000 »

Try it on auto and then dynamic. That way it keeps increasing the FFB until it clips and then it drops down. Feels very natural to me. Much heavier on straights and just about right on the corners so that you'll keep all the data going through the wheel.

I tried that, but my wheel doesn't clip, even when it's at 135% or more. But I can barely turn the wheel anymore  Grin
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 22, 2017, 10:05:08 PM +0000 »

Ps. AC saves replay from multiple session now, actually been that way since 1.10 or so  Grin

Cheers, for what ever reason mine didn't save it - normally I manage to catch it  Smiley
Stefan aka Postal

Team Legends

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 22, 2017, 11:00:50 PM +0000 »

That was a cool race. I was loving it. Difficult machinery, but it is nice to have these kind of race cars available.
GT3's are for softy's.. Tongue

School is important, but race cars are importanter
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com