The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 04:37:50 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Which would you prefer?
New GT3 Series - Blancpain 2017 - 8 (66.7%)
Group C series - 3 (25%)
Single spec series - 1 (8.3%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  
Author Topic: Next AC Series - starting end of April/early May  (Read 3883 times)
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: April 28, 2017, 02:57:24 AM +0100 »

Shocked Oooh nice, that's fast. Now for the hard part...which car  Huh
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: April 28, 2017, 08:28:12 AM +0100 »

Shocked Oooh nice, that's fast. Now for the hard part...which car  Huh

That's what I'm thinking, take the Nissan again or try the Audi as it just sounds so nice Smiley

Michael Boylan

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: April 28, 2017, 09:27:44 AM +0100 »

That's what I'm thinking, take the Nissan again or try the Audi as it just sounds so nice Smiley

I'm thinking of the lamborghini or BMW. The mercs are terrible, de 650 is still the fastest and I've done the Nissan already. Haven't tried the audi yet, so that might also be an option. Choices, choices  Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 28, 2017, 10:19:11 AM +0100 »

I will be championing the shiny new Porsche as at last I have one to race in the gt3 series   Cool. Do love the Lambo too though  Smiley

Any of you guys know if a Zolder has been modded yet for AC? I think Misano has been updated too as we used an early version last time. Both tracks feature in the 2017 real series. Though if Misano is still a bit pants I might sub mugello in for it as it's a better circuit anyway.

Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 28, 2017, 10:46:10 AM +0100 »

I will be championing the shiny new Porsche as at last I have one to race in the gt3 series   Cool. Do love the Lambo too though  Smiley

Any of you guys know if a Zolder has been modded yet for AC? I think Misano has been updated too as we used an early version last time. Both tracks feature in the 2017 real series. Though if Misano is still a bit pants I might sub mugello in for it as it's a better circuit anyway.

Yeah, Misano was horrible so if it still looks pants then Mugello would be nice Smiley

Michael Boylan

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 28, 2017, 12:21:13 PM +0100 »

Now you've got my attention! Havent driven AC for ages, my focus has been on Iracing GT3 races so will be interesting to run both at same time!

After last time, Lambo was fun but took a long time to get on top of it, Audi felt a little underpowered and need some effort to put the times in. Werent they planning on releasing the latest version of the Audi?

Ah, forgot about the Porsche! Nice long weekend to practise, good!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 28, 2017, 01:03:12 PM +0100 »

I will be championing the shiny new Porsche as at last I have one to race in the gt3 series   Cool.

Other breaking news of the day, scientists found out that water is wet  Grin

There are some conversions of Zolder according to google, but not sure how good or usable they are.
Misano was a bit blant, but other than that it was okay-ish.

Though if Misano is still a bit pants I might sub mugello in for it as it's a better circuit anyway.
Well, that's 1 win for Maikel then already  Cheesy
Maikel K.

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: April 28, 2017, 02:09:10 PM +0100 »

GT3's at Mugello's... Yes  Cool

I'm thinking about picking either the Nissan or the Lambo, already did the bmw and the Merc, Ferrari and the 650 seem to fast, hate the sound of the audi and I've been racing Porsches non stop for the past few months it feels like Grin
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 28, 2017, 03:20:33 PM +0100 »

I'm tempted the Nissan purely for a GT500 skin I found recently  Cool
Linus27

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: April 28, 2017, 03:31:23 PM +0100 »

Mark, how about this for an idea.

Rather than running a test race the week before where you can technically only run one car on the night, setup a track day server at Nurburg Tourist the Wednesday before the first race like one of the many online servers doing the same. That way people can drop in and out and test the various cars. These events are great fun and you still get some racing and people wait for each other. I join these type of servers a couple of times a week and they are such fun and will allow people to test all the cars in a live online environment with other competitors but pressure free.

What you think?

Michael Boylan

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 28, 2017, 05:01:15 PM +0100 »

Due to delays in starting a new series I wasn't actually going to run a test race this time as we all know the cars quite well by now. I was just going to let people decide their car offline and let me know their choices.

Upto you guys, can run one first if you like  Undecided

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 28, 2017, 05:17:07 PM +0100 »

Due to delays in starting a new series I wasn't actually going to run a test race this time as we all know the cars quite well by now. I was just going to let people decide their car offline and let me know their choices.

Upto you guys, can run one first if you like  Undecided

Only test race when you plan to use an untested mod track.
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2017, 01:48:46 PM +0100 »

Hello chaps. I hope to be able to join some of the champ races, but I don't find a list of the car available for this champ, so somoene of you can kindly provide it?
I must choose my car before the champ starts?
Thank you in advance Smiley

See you

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2017, 02:48:31 PM +0100 »

Hi Manteos, glad you will be joining us for the series  Smiley the last one was fiercely competitive and great fun Cool

Any GT3 class racecar is allowed for the series, but I will be eliminating the older Merc SLS and the McLaren MP4-12 as they have both been replaced with the newer variants (AMG & 650).  Sadly don't think we will be able to have the Bentley running this time as its become out of date since the various patch updates and new tyre models.  :'( Was really hoping Kunos would release a proper one by now or a properly updated mod.

I will need everybodys car choice and skin selection for the new series but wait until I start the new Championship series thread.

Points proposal ( based on some wanting the points to extend further down the order this time).

1st = 30pts
2nd = 25
3rd = 20
4th = 17
5th = 15
6th = 13
7th = 11
8th = 9
9th = 7
10th = 6
11th = 5
12th = 4
13th = 3
14th = 2
15th = 1
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 02:56:26 PM +0100 by Mark J » Logged

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2017, 05:01:46 PM +0100 »

Points look good, maybe a few points for completing more than 75% of the race?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com