The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 29, 2024, 01:23:02 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • E4GTR3E Bathurst: May 28, 2017
May 28, 2017, 09:43:24 PM +0100 - Bathurst - RRE Season 4 (2017) GTR3 Endurance
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
spanner
 Prodigy Racing
BMW M6 GT3 GT3 4 +1.095
---
1 1:01:48.156
---
28 1 2:05.861
---
Pirelli  
goldtop
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW Z4 GT3 GT3 1 2:05.114
---
2 +15.082
---
28 1 2:05.744
---
Pirelli  
SRW
 Prodigy Racing
McLaren 650S GT3 GT3 7 +3.618
---
3 +1L
---
27 0 2:08.925
---
Pirelli  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Mercedes SLS GT3 GT3 6 +3.186
---
4 +2.875
---
27 2 2:07.059
---
Pirelli  
weatherman45

Chevrolet Corvette Z06-R GT3 3 +0.812
---
5 +4L
---
24 3 2:05.974
---
unknown
Michelin  
frex
 Kerb Crawlers
Ford Mustang GT3 GT3 5 +2.387
---
6 +26L
---
2 0 ---
---
unknown
Dunlop  
Eck Simpson
 Team RaceConnect
BMW M6 GT3 GT3 2 +0.164
---
7 +13L
---
15 0 ---
---
unknown
Pirelli  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: RRE Season 4 (2017) Race Room GTR3 Endurance - Bathurst - May 28  (Read 3837 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: December 22, 2016, 01:07:24 PM +0000 »

Practice: 20:00 BST (30 mins)
Qualifying: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45 ~ 60 Minutes

Cars allowed: Any car from "GTR3" class

Track: Bathurst
Time of Day Setting: Afternoon

Start: Manual rolling start with formation lap
Tyre wear: x1
Fuel consumption: x2
Pit-stops: Mandatory pitstop required

Server: Simracing.org.uk
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see
cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) You will need to install Race Room Racing Experience from Steam, and have the Euro and American Track Packs for this series (And maybe another non pack track occasionally)
(4) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.

(5) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

This race will be a rolling start following a formation lap and the procedure is as follows:

*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 03:46:04 PM +0000 by goldtop » Logged

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2017, 12:01:06 PM +0100 »

Hoping to give the new McLaren an outing this evening but seems a bit of a handful from my first attempts so might have to take something else if I don't manage to tame it in practice. Hope we get a few turn up  Smiley

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2017, 12:12:35 PM +0100 »

i will be racing tonight, GT3+Bathurst= Smiley
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2017, 12:39:28 PM +0100 »

Yes, my use of the Maclaren didnt go well in suzuka. Not sure what car to use.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
frex

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2017, 09:18:54 PM +0100 »

Could have been another good race with Matt, but I locked the brakes at the hairpin entry before Conrod and spun. I was afraid of Stephen coming up behind unsighted and so hastily quit out. Bugger.

Have a good one.
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2017, 09:37:58 PM +0100 »

What an edjit I am, I didn't pay attention to my fuel. I was obviously running out, as I exitted the Chase to take my stop but was distracted playing with the pit stop menu. I ran out and stopped, within feet, of the pit line... BOTTOM.

This is why I don't do endurance races anymore, my feeble mind can't keep up.

Sorry Carl I sure as poop, didn't mean to turn in. I wrecked, what could have been, another great race between us. On the plus side, after pulling over we got involved in a great three way.. battle with Mark. Had I held my position a little longer, maybe I'd have had that few feet of fuel still in the tank... lol.

Grats and thanks all, sorry again Carl.

weatherman45

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2017, 10:07:36 PM +0100 »

What an edjit I am, I didn't pay attention to my fuel. I was obviously running out, as I exitted the Chase to take my stop but was distracted playing with the pit stop menu. I ran out and stopped, within feet, of the pit line... BOTTOM.

This is why I don't do endurance races anymore, my feeble mind can't keep up.

Sorry Carl I sure as poop, didn't mean to turn in. I wrecked, what could have been, another great race between us. On the plus side, after pulling over we got involved in a great three way.. battle with Mark. Had I held my position a little longer, maybe I'd have had that few feet of fuel still in the tank... lol.

Grats and thanks all, sorry again Carl.

no worries there, I tried to hold the inside line and may have not given you enough room, difficult to brake from that high of speed on back straight and keep to inside curb.  Very kind of you to wait after, and yes that 3 way battle was probably the best part of this race for me.  I unfortunately had similar luck with fuel.  I ran till about 27 min mark and pitted chose safe no tires and lucky hop scotched the front runners to p1 by a hair.   I guess "SAFE" fill doesn't get you to the end at Bathurst.  I think this was supposed to be a 2 stopper, and now I realize didn't account for the slow formation lap that ate up time in my fuel window giving me the false sense of fuel economy that I could run over 30 mins on 1 tank.

Tried to pit and do a short fill 2 times after, but for some reason the pit menu would only let me select cancel pit stop and drove through with no service twice, she died on top of the hill. 
As everyone could plainly see I'm not used to the heavy Corvette, ran a tad sloppy and fell off quite a bit today.  Still fun and thanks for the friendly racing guys, need to plan a bit more with these endurance events and remember the rolling starts.... whistling

Turn in early with big speed !
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2017, 10:42:58 PM +0100 »

I had plenty of fuel.. when I finally managed to get some in  Roll Eyes
Stopped once at 31 mins, and I plainly was not where the pit chappies wanted me to be
so had to go round again  taz I just let them change everything, The tyres
looked ok before the stop, but the car was sliding around more. Might have been the
anvil shaped bonnet after nosing into a wall, but It only takes a few secs to do tyres
with these, the fuel takes most of the time, so went for it. Had I not had to cod around
in the pits trying to find the right spot I might not have been so far back. Good fun
all the same.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2017, 09:55:33 AM +0100 »

I spun at the top of the mountain on lap 2 and lost 30 secs doing a 10 point turn, despite trying to take it easy on the first few laps (it was the first time I did any laps with a full tank). a shame as my lap times were similar to phspoks and it could have been a close battle. Then with 20 mins to go I was getting a red engine warning (I think it was from using too much revs in fourth over the top of the mountain) so I started short shifting and lifting at the bottom of conrod to make sure I got to the end.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2017, 11:06:35 AM +0100 »

Surprised to get pole here as the Z4 is so slow in a straight line. Was under pressure from the start having to gain enough time over the mountain to bag enough time for the long straights. When Eck and Carl tangled it gave me a nice buffer to the pitstop. Unfortunately I overfilled and chose to change tyres which brought me out just behind Carl. Had a close battle with Mark also closing in behind until I got a little too close to Carl and had to brake hard causing me to lose it into the barriers  Roll Eyes Limped round to eventually finish in a very used Z4.

Well done all and grats to Mark for a very good win.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2017, 11:17:10 AM +0100 »

My pit woes were because I drove into the pit stall on the far left, right up to the garage, rather than up to
the BIG RED SIGN that says STOP

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
Eck Simpson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2017, 01:59:07 PM +0100 »

I think this was supposed to be a 2 stopper, and now I realize didn't account for the slow formation lap that ate up time in my fuel window giving me the false sense of fuel economy that I could run over 30 mins on 1 tank.

Not the games fault for my probs, I worked the fuel out fine. I was gonna stop at half way, checked then n had plenty fuel for a couple more. So, I thought the farther I go, the less I need to take on. I obviously didn't pay good enough attention.

If I'd just run a little less on the brake, on the way into the pit, I'd have made it to the pitcrew... If that works in R3E...

Whatever, I've only myself to blame...  Embarrassed
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2017, 03:25:54 PM +0100 »

Lol surprised everyone had so many issues!

It cant believe the corvette needed two stops for fuel, wow. But yes, you looked a bit out of control over the mountain!

Wasnt entirely convinced about the M6 when practising earlier, so tried the 650S but all cars seemed to be equalised by the awful diff settings. Found with the 650S that the coast diff was too strong that your having to make the car turn in easier, but the then too much oversteer for me when the power side kicks in on exit. M6 felt like a good comprise with a 50/50 setting, but still made things interesting at times. Need to try out all the cars again, Trialed the ford GT which felt far more balanced so might need to pick up a few more cars.

Checked the leader boards and my M6 time was only 0.5 away from the audi from our previous visit so decided to go with it.

Surprised with my qually time, but then the next lap was definitely quicker but lost it on the last corner..

Carl seemed quite slow on the start which held up myself and Dieter but then they stretched away. was just running my own race when Eck and Carl came together which was interesting to see the difference in pace.

I've never had the pitstop fuel presets work properly ever, so have always worked out fuel use during the race, manually, which makes it interesting trying to work out fuel use, change menu and still drive! Swapping between sims means you forget the small things like the manual pit limiter! Thankfully it just gave me a warning. Changed tyres and added about 60L liters and came out to find Carl and Goldtop quite close ahead which surprised the hell out of me! Both seemed to be holding each other as i seemed to stick with them with ease. After GT crashed up the top and then Carl pitted again, it was a strange feeling trying to control it till the end.

I think these GT3 races show there is still a desire to race in R3E. I know some people find GT3 boring but it provides a level field for people to find a car they can drive.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 25, 2017, 09:37:40 PM +0100 »

Why do i have only 15points for the win here compared to all other rounds it was 30points?

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2017, 07:49:59 AM +0100 »

Something's gone wrong there. I see 3rd down got, on a quick glance, the right points but 1st and 2nd haven't. 3rd place got 23 for instance.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com