by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
April 24, 2024, 07:00:43 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Tweaks for GTL  (Read 4589 times)
Jamera

View Profile
« on: October 20, 2005, 08:04:57 PM +0100 »

Has anyone figured out or done a guide yet for GTL re: the intro movies, hud in cockpit etc?

Tried finding the thread on here for GTR but blowed if I can
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2005, 10:02:13 AM +0100 »

Some nuggets in here- would hope they're applicable to GTL too with it being based on the same code-

https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=268.0

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 04:09:03 PM +0000 »

Here's one for replays. Very useful.

In your plr file (works on the dedicated server too), find the line:
Replays Dated="0" // Replays have date in filename

Change the 0 to 1 and you'll get the replay files time and dated so you wont get race and hotlap replays overwritten again.

On the movies one, just rename all the .bik files in your GTL\MovieFiles folder to something else, e.g. ORIGINAL_10t.bik. That way it just skips the intro movies etc.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 04:40:44 PM +0000 »

In your plr file (works on the dedicated server too), find the line:
Replays Dated="0" // Replays have date in filename

Change the 0 to 1 and you'll get the replay files time and dated so you wont get race and hotlap replays overwritten again.

Let's hope they roll all these little tweaks forward into GTR2...

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 01:48:08 PM +0100 »

Just re-opening this thread to try and help some FPS issues people are getting in our races...

For those having graphics FPS issues, if you haven't already tried these, some of these tweaks can make a MASSIVE difference...

Open up your .plr file for GTLegends and do the following:
Data Acquisition In Race="1" ---->change value to "0"

Driver Animations="1" ---->change value to "0"

Trackside Characters="1" ---->change value to "0"

Disable All Character Anims="0" ---->change value to "1"

LOD Multiplier Multiplier="1.00250" ---->change value to "0.99000"

Arms Visible In Cockpit="1"  ---->change value to "0"

Windscreen dirt buildup="1"  ---->change value to "0"

Swaying Trees="1"  ---->change value to "0"

In game graphics settings:
Using “Very Far” draw distance is not much of a FPS killer but better use "Normal" draw distance, it's more than enough and definitely keeps FPS much more stabilized (less variation of FPS around the track).

"Track detail" can be a FPS killer if it's on FULL, decrease it to HIGH or MEDIUM.

Using shadows in MAX is another FPS killer, HIGH or MEDIUM is the best option.

"Special Effects" in HIGH or FULL will kill quite some game speed, reduce them to MEDIUM or LOW.

"Headlight Effects" in HIGH or MEDIUM will kill FPS with headlights on. Reduce to LOW effects essentially makes headlights only draw on track rather than other cars, but will increase FPS with headlights on massively.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
n4rfzoink

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 01:53:43 PM +0100 »

I was wondering how I could tweak the game to lower the cpu opponents' skill while keeping the drive assists to a minimal. ie- Damage:full  Assists:minimal  AI:fast or medium.  Huh  A useful answer would be much appreciated  Wink
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2007, 11:52:40 AM +0100 »

I thought I'd add this .plr change, as I'm not 100% sure it's been mentioned before.

Steer Ratio Speed="25.00000"  - change this to zero, or a very low value.

25m/s equates to 90kph, so all the time you're going less than that the game is artificially exaggerating your steering input.  For me this was especially noticable into the final turn at Anders, where the Wild Beast Pantera seemed even more unstable than usual!  If you want the extra lock for the pits then I suggest you use something like 10.000 (36kph) so it wont intefere with any on-track steering scenarios Cool

The other thing I've re-changed is to turn off advanced frame rendering in my graphics driver settings, which by default in nVIDIA cards is set to '3' (at least, it has been in the 4,6 and 7-series cards).  You'll need a plug-in to change it, there's a post on RSC with more info on it (ignore the game the post is for, it applies to all games anyway!).

Both of these help with GTR2 as well Smiley 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 11:54:16 AM +0100 by Zacari » Logged

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2007, 12:17:32 PM +0100 »

The other thing I've re-changed is to turn off advanced frame rendering in my graphics driver settings, which by default in nVIDIA cards is set to '3' (at least, it has been in the 4,6 and 7-series cards).  You'll need a plug-in to change it, there's a post on RSC with more info on it (ignore the game the post is for, it applies to all games anyway!).

Is this not just VSync with a different name. With VSync on you will get no pre-rendering and with it off you get N frames rendered ahead? Dunno, sounds similar anyway. Tongue

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Zacari

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2007, 01:08:21 PM +0100 »

I've got a feeling it represents an additional level of buffering, which makes it indirectly a VSync-related setting.  I know triple buffering with VSync helps when the FPS you're normally displaying is below that of the refresh of the monitor, maybe it's an extension of that?

BTW, isn't it with VSync off that you get no pre-rendering?

Interesting bit of info here explaining the VSync buffering stuff pretty well, I'm assuming the fundamental principal of VSync hasn't changed in recent directx versions.

On GTRank, GTR2Rank and GTLRank as 'Zacari'
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2007, 11:58:13 AM +0000 »

I thought I'd add this .plr change, as I'm not 100% sure it's been mentioned before.

Both of these help with GTR2 as well Smiley 

Is that used by ATI Radeon graphics card as well? If it is, how do you disable it?
MortenS
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2007, 05:06:40 PM +0000 »

Yes, if you'd looked at the linked page, you'd seen it mentioned there. Go ahead, don't be afraid to click on the link Cheesy

Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2007, 10:12:58 AM +0000 »

Yes, if you'd looked at the linked page, you'd seen it mentioned there. Go ahead, don't be afraid to click on the link Cheesy

Just downloaded the ati "tray-tools" or whatever it's called, I'll see if that helps.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com