by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
March 28, 2024, 01:53:19 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: [VDA] P&G @Nordschleife (28 june 2010)  (Read 11558 times)
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« on: May 24, 2010, 12:01:42 PM +0100 »

VDA Team is pleased to invite you to this Endurance event in the fantastic “Green Hell”  aboard of the glorious car of the past on 30 June 2010.

This race will be a head to head challenge between Ferrari 275 Speciale and Corvette L88 Coupè

We don't think the track needs to be presented. This is the Nordschleife. It's a track that brings back epic duels.  The famous commentator Gaetano Palmisano called it "chased by the devil"

Event Format:
- Teams of 4 drivers
- Every team must choose 2 Ferrari and 2 Corvette
- Free Pit Strategy

At the end of the race will be declared the winning team and the winners for each class according to the following scoring:
1st  Classified – 30
2nd Classified – 24
3rd  Classified – 20
4th  Classified – 17
5th  Classified – 14
6th  Classified – 12
7th  Classified – 10
8th  Classified – 8
9th  Classified – 6
10th Classified – 5
11th Classified – 4
12th  Classified – 3
13th  Classified – 2
14th  Classified – 1

This score is splitted for each class, then Ferrari and Corvette will compete for two different classifications.  
Moreover, points will be assigned only to the drivers whom cut the checkered flag.

What you need to join the server:
PnG v2.1
- Nordschleife track http://www.humyo.com/9469759/Nordschleife%201.1.rar?a=8N22Xp6xdrE
- Ferrari 275 Engine Mod file http://www.humyo.com/9469759/GameData%20275%20Engine%20Mod%20File.exe?a=-6Fhm1LOhvw
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
-To replace the 275 original Engine file http://www.humyo.com/9469759/Ferrari%20275%20Engine%20Original%20File.exe?a=UEMYJiQdPOw

Race schedule:

19.30 (GMT): Server start

20.00 (GMT): Official Qualifying => 1 hour - unlimited laps

21.00 (GMT): Warm up => 5 mins.

21.05 (GMT): Race start => standing start –  90 mins free strategy

Race’s info:
Weather: NAW setted on April/Continental
Rules: those of common sense and those reported by F.I.P.V
- During the Official qualifying and race sessions the use of the chat  is forbidden. However, limit its use to avoid  discomfort to others drivers, and especially do not  use the chat leaving the car on the track. TS usage is strongly raccomended.
- In case you have to leave your playseat for a long time, please abandon the server, because you could block eventual votes for the advancement of sessions.
- If you're engaged in a hotlap but a driver behind you comes much faster, you are obliged to let him pass, trying not to ruin his lap. At the same time the oncoming driver must use headlights to signal his urgency to overtake. If you already know you're not making a good lap, avoid the use of lights or disturb the other drivers.
- If you are coming back on track after a mistake, pay obsessive attention returning on track
- In the case of spin, rollover or accident avoid to stand in the middle of the track, press the ESC key quickly avoiding to harm whoever comes.
- During training sessions avoid as much as possible to hold the server in race session especially in 4/5 users during the busiest hours In this way you will not allow the access those who want to train; server will be restarted every time the Race direction deems necessary to stop any abuse regarding this.
- At the end of your race, wait until all drivers have finished their race, avoiding to disturb them using the chat.

Server informations:
Server Name: VDA PnG
Password: to be requested via pm

After  the race will be started  the server can be restarted only under a decision of Race Direction and only due to a catastrophic event  affecting the race start!

Remembering to test the server downloads  before  the race day to avoid any kind of issues,
VDA Staff  looks forward to see many of you on track!

For further information fell free to ask!

Registration for this event is open to all our twinned Clans, to the teams that participated to the ROTW championship, and to the Uk P&G friends. The application must be submitted in this post http://vda.forumfree.it/?t=48320722#lastpost! Upon reaching 28 available places, those who enroll later will be included among the reserves.

VDA LIVE TIMING:
VDA Live timing for Nordschleife event: http://62.149.209.93/LiveTiming3/lt/trackview.aspx
Laptimes:http://62.149.209.93/LiveTiming3/lt/statistiche.aspx?Pista=Race24h_NS09

VDA STAFF

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 10:40:59 AM +0100 by Manteos » Logged

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Joseph Penso De La Vega. Confusio de Confusiones (1688)
Mike Miller

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2010, 12:21:05 PM +0100 »

Other kerbies want to join me for the event? I'd like to drive a Penske Vette.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2010, 12:35:02 PM +0100 »

Oh Great, a Monday night  Angry

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 12:57:29 PM +0100 »

I wouldn't dare miss the RSR shoot out at Lime Rock, particularly as it's one of my Reader's Drives selections Wink

As much as I love these events, I think my skills around the Nords in the vette or the fezza would be a liability to any team Cheesy

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mike Miller

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2010, 01:29:16 PM +0100 »

Oh my! I didn't even look to see if there was a competing event. Lime Rock is my home track. I can't miss Porsches at Lime Rock. That would be a travesty. Has that cloning thing been perfected yet?
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2010, 01:56:48 PM +0100 »

If you're interested to this event, I can try to change the date to Wednesday 30 June... I thought you used to race GTL on Tuesday, while I noticed you use to race on Monday now Sad... Let me know if wednesday is better than Monday, but I can't assure nothing about an eventual date shift.
However you're always welcome if you want to do some laps in our server to have some practice!

Cu Smiley

"The second principle: Take every gain without showing remorse about missed profits, because an eel may escape sooner than you think."
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2010, 02:30:19 PM +0100 »

No sim-racing or World Cup footy on Wednesday  Wink

also, have you said how long the race is?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 02:32:36 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2010, 02:44:00 PM +0100 »

No sim-racing or World Cup footy on Wednesday  Wink

also, have you said how long the race is?
Thanks to have noticied it me. Race lenght is 90 mins, I just edited my post Smiley

We forgot even the World Cup, and seeing the match dates (thanks to Tony Wink), we decided to shift this race to Wednesday 30 June!
I'll wait some news by you Smiley

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2010, 09:12:37 PM +0100 »

I would dearly love to do this one, as I rather like a run round the ring.
Unfortunately I am on holiday, and away. that week  Sad

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
FullMetalGasket
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 11:51:37 AM +0100 »

Officially interested - don't drive for any teams in P&G though so am available for anyone who needs an extra driver Cool
No real preference on car TBH, I already have an enduro setup for the Fez but rather enjoy the Vette's so will take what ever I'm offered  angel

Manteos: I'm at work so can't check your D/L link myself - is this one of the GTR Evo varients of the 'Ring, one of the older conversions, or is it an edited 'special' version similar to those sometimes run by Srou's GTR2 leagues?
Just thought I'd ask to save a possible unnessecary download tonight  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 27, 2010, 12:07:54 PM +0100 by FullMetalGasket » Logged
Tim Robey

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2010, 12:15:15 PM +0100 »

I would be interested in taking part, being a big fan of Nurby....

but I'm watching England beat the Aussies in cricket on that day  Lips Sealed

Maybe another time.....

Ade

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2010, 12:20:08 PM +0100 »

Im up for this one Manteos Cool Grin dont mind what car i take.

IF IT AIN'T BROKE....IT SOON WILL BE!!
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2010, 01:43:40 PM +0100 »

Officially interested - don't drive for any teams in P&G though so am available for anyone who needs an extra driver Cool
No real preference on car TBH, I already have an enduro setup for the Fez but rather enjoy the Vette's so will take what ever I'm offered  angel

Manteos: I'm at work so can't check your D/L link myself - is this one of the GTR Evo varients of the 'Ring, one of the older conversions, or is it an edited 'special' version similar to those sometimes run by Srou's GTR2 leagues?
Just thought I'd ask to save a possible unnessecary download tonight  Smiley
Unfortunately I think you'll have to Download the track... It's not the tourist version, it's the complete version and you'll need it to avoid to be booted as possible cheat. It's the version used by FFSCA in their 24h of Nordschleife the previous year.

Im up for this one Manteos Cool Grin dont mind what car i take.

I'm glad about your interest in this race, I wait some other days to see if you become 4 to complete the team, or if you have no troubles and no other UK people can make this one, we can make a mixed VDA & UK P&G Team, even I hope you'll reach to complete your team. However, I'll sign up you in our topic, and I'll wait for some people adding in this event. Mike Miller is even interested? Ian, Legzy or someone else?!?
About the car I remember that you have to choose 2 Vettes and 2 Ferrari, you can even choose it 2 mins before start, the important is that in your team 2 drives a Vette, and the other 2 run with Fezza! I stay tuned on this topic to see what happens.
Cu guys Smiley

Mike Miller

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2010, 03:41:10 PM +0100 »

I am still interested in driving Manteos. I prefer the L88. It looks like we have a sufficient interest here to create a team.
Manteos

P&G Lover

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2010, 04:06:36 PM +0100 »

I am still interested in driving Manteos. I prefer the L88. It looks like we have a sufficient interest here to create a team.
Ok Mike Smiley
I forgot to send you the password to try in our server, and I'm gonna send it now. Another important thing is that will be released a patch to strenghten Fezza's engine, that surely wouldn't finish a 90 mins race without it.
Cu Smiley

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com