by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

April 20, 2024, 01:24:25 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: How to see the "real" online setup folders  (Read 2473 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: November 16, 2010, 08:06:04 PM +0000 »

1) Go to C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc

2) There will be several files in here but the one your interested in has no file extension. It's just call hosts

3) First we will make a backup of the file. Double click it. You will probably see a window pop up with the heading Open With. Scroll down the list of programs and highlight Notepad then click OK.

4) You should now see the contents of the file hosts. At the top you will see some headings File, Edit, Format etc etc. Click File, and then select Save As. At the bottom of the box you will see File name and to the right of it, your file hosts. Click to the right of the word hosts and add .saf. Don't omit the "." Now click save.

5) Now use this link and download the file into the etc folder. You will get a warning message about overwriting an existing file, ignore that and continue.

6) That should be that. Start GTL as normal and check that you can still reach the lobby and join a race. Once your loaded into an event try to get an online setup. Try looking in the Crystal Palace folder. If you can find a file called DB4 by WT your sorted.

7) If it's all gone horribly wrong simply go back to the etc folder, delete the hosts file, right click on the hosts.saf file that you made in step 4 and choose rename. Delete the .saf and your back with your old hosts file.

Hope this helps.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Phil Gilliland

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 09:39:40 PM +0000 »

5) Now use this link

Getting a permission denied message Tony, although I'm logged into Humyo. Can you give me the relevant change to the hosts file and I'll edit mine myself?
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2010, 11:16:30 PM +0000 »

Sorry about that Phil, don't think I did anything different, must be Humyo?

Anyway this is what needs to go in your new hosts file.

81.3.59.61 www.gtl-server.net

Mine just has that and nothing else

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Phil Gilliland

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2010, 11:35:26 PM +0000 »

Cheers Tony, can see them now.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com