by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

March 28, 2024, 07:44:54 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L11WPC Zeltweg: October 03, 2011
October 03, 2011, 08:41:05 PM +0100 - Zeltweg - UKGTL Season 11 World Prototype Cup
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Syd Drake
 Drake Racing
Ferrari 312P (#23) GTL Group P3.0 1 1:42.760
128.840mph
1 1:00:10.281
124.684mph
34 1:43.857
127.479mph
Goodyear  
Pelle_B
 TEAM-GTLDK
Chevron B16 (#0) GTL Group P2.0 3 +0.891
127.732mph
2 +55.621
122.793mph
34 1:44.722
126.426mph
Dunlop  
Alex vV
 Gentlemen Drivers Club
Ferrari 312P (#57) GTL Group P3.0 6 +2.642
125.610mph
3 +58.091
122.710mph
34 1:45.519
125.471mph
Goodyear  
Navin R Johnson
 TEAM-GTLDK
Chevron B16 (#0) GTL Group P2.0 2 +0.257
128.518mph
4 +55.506
122.796mph
34 1:44.284
126.957mph
fuel
Dunlop  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
Ferrari 312P (#57) GTL Group P3.0 7 +3.006
125.178mph
5 +1L
120.694mph
33 1:46.956
123.785mph
Goodyear  
SpecialKS
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 312P (#57) GTL Group P3.0 5 +2.411
125.886mph
6 +3L
111.315mph
31 1:45.702
125.254mph
Goodyear  
Tonny Jacobsen
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ferrari 312P (#22) GTL Group P3.0 4 +1.786
126.639mph
7 +24L 10 1:46.146
124.730mph
unknown
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTL Group P3.0
1:42.760
128.840mph
Syd Drake
Qualifying
Ferrari 312POctober 03, 2011, 08:41:05 PM +0100
L11WPC
GT Legends
GTL Group P2.0
1:43.017
128.518mph
Navin R Johnson
Qualifying
Chevron B16October 03, 2011, 08:41:05 PM +0100
L11WPC
GT Legends
GTL Group P2.0
1:44.284
126.957mph
Navin R Johnson
Race
Chevron B16October 03, 2011, 08:41:05 PM +0100
L11WPC
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 11 World Prototype Cup - Zeltweg (Österreichring) - Oct 3  (Read 4433 times)
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« on: June 12, 2011, 07:55:23 PM +0100 »

All members welcome.

Grid/server capacity: 28

Practice: ~19:20 (60 mins)
Qualifying: 20:20 (20 mins)
Race: 20:40 (34 laps = ~60mins)

Track: 70's Osterreichring Download this

Cars allowed:

GROUP S5.0

Porsche 917L Download this

GROUP P3.0

Ferrari 312P Download this

GROUP P2.0

Healey Repco XR37 Download this

McLaren M1A Download this

Chevron B16 Download this Note: This is a revised version which has improved sound and some other improvements. Also the Mazda powered car has been removed.

Drivers are reminded that the maximum number of drives in any group is five.

Time of Day Setting: 16:00
Start: STANDING
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal

Server: simracing.org.uk WPC
Password: see above

Notes:
(1) It's best if all drivers can make sure they are connected before the Qualifying session as drivers on track during qualifying will not see cars that join after they are on track until they go back to the garage.
(2) Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules.
(3) The AI control should be turned off so that you have control of the car at all times, including pitting. Your player file should therefore read
Autopit="0"
Force Autopit Off="1" // Forces autopit always off
No AI Control="1" // AI never has control over car
If you still finding pitting problematic, experience tells us that its less to do with positioning and more to do with approach speed. A slow approach to pit crew chief has proved most reliable.
(4) Driver lists can be found on the Championship standings page

Special Notes: Some of the cars have a "Modern Compound" tyre choice. Can I ask that all drivers do not use these tyres please.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2011, 12:31:15 PM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 07:47:09 PM +0100 »

1970 Österreichring 1000 Km  Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6jRpxqfQks&feature=related

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 11:44:20 AM +0100 »

Tony, can you confirm that this is 1970 version? Cause 1979 is also listed when you click on the download link in the first post.
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 12:30:37 PM +0100 »

Tony, can you confirm that this is 1970 version? Cause 1979 is also listed when you click on the download link in the first post.

Good point Syd. This is the 1970 version. Announcement revised.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2011, 02:48:53 PM +0100 »

Just to remind Goldtop that he has only one more drive in the P2.0 class.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2011, 04:03:25 PM +0100 »

Cheers Tony. Might try the 917L here as I don't think I've ever driven that one.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2011, 06:00:19 PM +0100 »

Cheers Tony. Might try the 917L here as I don't think I've ever driven that one.

It's no joy I can tell you. I tried for half an hour trying to get the thing to go in a straight line or not change direction under braking. Then switched to the much more well mannered Ferrari.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2011, 06:07:30 PM +0100 »

It's no joy I can tell you. I tried for half an hour trying to get the thing to go in a straight line or not change direction under braking. Then switched to the much more well mannered Ferrari.

And here was me hoping it can't be any worse than the 917K  Roll Eyes Fezza it is then  Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2011, 09:58:10 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted

Alex vV

Gentleman Driver

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2011, 10:20:11 PM +0100 »

Unofficial LapChart

Ultra fast race. Ferrari was a dream to drive. Still managed to spin twice in the last corner.

Grats to Syd and rest of the podium just finishing in front of me  Huh

Syd Drake
Former UKGPL Moderators

Nightwalker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2011, 10:27:44 PM +0100 »

That was intense.
First apologies to Pele. Early on I hit the barriers, lost control and crashed into you. I did make sure I continued behind you after that.
In qualifying I set the pace early with a 1.43.1 which was a PB, just ahead of Navin. Sometime in the middle he went a tenth faster and I was looking at second place, until I somehow pulled of a 42 lap at the end and started on pole.
Starts are my weakness, and both Pele and Navin got by me.  Pelle had an especially fast start and  was leading after T1. But Navin got past him soon and I was right on Peles bumper. But I made a mistake at T3 went wide and almost spun. I lost about 6 seconds, and had to work hard over the next several laps to get back to Pelle. After a few laps following behind Pele, the incident I mentioned at the top happened. I got past Pelle when he went off track only a corner later. Now I was 10 seconds behind Navin with about 22-23 laps to go. Navin was conserving his car, and I was going flat out and managed to caught up to him in about 10 laps. So with maybe 10-12 laps to go I was within 2 seconds and the fight started. I got to say it wasn't easy following closely behind as Navins batmobile was releasing big clouds of smoke. What was that? Anyway, I was better in the first part of the lap, especially through T1. But on the straights fezza wasn't closing at all. So I kept the pressure on, trying to be close on the s/f and trying to use the momentum through T1 to attempt an overtake at T2. In the end, with maybe 3 laps to go Navin made a mistake at that T2, went wide and I was past him. He immediately came back right on my bumper in the second half of the lap, but I gut through the last turn better and then over s/f straight and through T1 got a bit of separation. I even built up a couple of seconds of lead and though I was clear, when on the last lap disaster struck. First for me then for Navin. Going into T1 I braked at my usual place, but my tires were pretty much shot at that point, and I started to drift wide. I tried downshifting, pumping the brakes, but couldn't stop from going onto the grass, and Naving went through. I pressed hard, but it was the last lap, no chance of a comeback right? Then coming out of the loop I suddenly started to gain on Navin, and passed him just before the braking for the last turn. I though maybe he had a bad exit and I was passing from having better momentum, so I then proceeded to try to outbrake him for the last turn and out braked myself, and I think I made a 720 spin. But Navin wasn't passing me. So I righted the car and crossed the line first. Navin ran out of fuel one turn before the end of the race.
That was one intense race from start to finish, and of course if Navin was in the same car he probably would have left me at least half a lap behind. But a win is a win, and this was my best SROU GTL race.
Congrats to Navin and Pelle for the podium.
Navin R Johnson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2011, 11:48:22 PM +0100 »

Wow, now that's a proper race report Wink. Before the race I knew a stop would have to happen if I didn't save fuel so I just decided to play it by ear and see how the race developed. Pelle got a blinder of a start and took off straight away. I got a good run up the hill and got a gift from Pelle down the straight to get ahead. Then as it seemed the race was sizing up very similar as the last GTL race. Pelle battling it out for 2nd place and that was just what I needed to save fuel. Started short shifting anywhere from 1-1.5K less rpm's than reline. Just once during the first half of the run did I half to push harder when Pelle started closing in on me. Then I saw Syd had closed up on Pelle again which slowed them down so I was thinking "hey, this is sizing up perfectly" Cheesy. At the half way point I had just a little more then a half a tank of fuel so all looked good Grin. Then around 3/4 through the race Syd was coming fast fast. I kind of thought he might have to pit so maybe I should just continue with my fuel saving pace, but I thought again and said forget that and started pushing as hard as I could again. I thought "I've saved more than enough fuel the first half so if he does pit with 2-3 laps to go I could make it easy by driving a much slower last few laps with low revs and that would work perfectly". No one else was in striking distance so that would work too. Both Syd and I were running very fast even with the quite worn out tires. Maybe only off a 1/2 second of our best lap times from earlier. I started making some little mistakes and had a big one at the end of the back straight when I got my down shifting all screwed up and went too deep into the corner. I figured Syd would go right by at that point but maybe he had some issue's in that corner too. Then shortly after that I did go off track in turn 2 as Syd said. There were several laps were I thought Syd would get me at turn two because he was killing it through turn one Cool. But that Chevron is pretty good at the end of the straight. Then with one lap to go I had .7 of fuel and knew I needed 1.0 for a full speed lap so all I could do is save fuel and consolidate 2nd place. Then I saw Syd struggling with tires and I couldn't help myself and go for it!! Got ahead but felt the car starting to lose power with 3 corners to go and thought I'm sunk!! Car ran out in the middle of the last corner and that was that. Or so I thought. Pelle came and saved the day and pushed me across the line for second. Now that was very sporting of Pelle Cool But in the same sporting good nature I'd like to offer myself as a DNF to Tony here as I don't think it fair to take points in the championship that might affect others final results in Championship Wink A big congrats to Syd for a well earned win and thanks for the wonderful battle. Also to Pelle for his setup and great run as well. And to Alex for 3rd who was also very sporting not to pass Pelle and myself before the line. I noticed you did back off there mate Cool I know this means more work for you Tony to change results and I do apologize for that but being fair is always important to me. Smiley Cheers boys
Pelle_B

Bang & Olufsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2011, 12:02:20 AM +0100 »

Grats SD...yes, a very exciting race  laugh ...& NP, it is the things that can happen.

Do not think I have run this course since the GPL...or have we been here before in GTL ?...I struggled to mix a good setup for this strange car named Chevron, but surprisingly quick. Unfortunately, I never found a solution with the left rear tire was too hot  Huh

Race:
If I must be honest, I was tired today & my eyes were small...but when the start went, the car in front of me (SD) on the pole was still quiet, wow that was close & my eyes almost came up as normal  Cheesy When I woke up in T1, I was from third place now in front. After a few laps - I'm too tired - flashes NRJ past & would rather defend our 1-2 (Team GTLDK). Unfortunately the turn after SD & I hit together, I lost total braking point, slid into the grass & engine died  Shocked Finally, the engine revs, but has lost many sec & Alex have passed...down to fourth place. Puts everything at stake, I want to get up & have the third place back...& it was successful, Alex spins in T'last, but cost dearly with tires. The rest of the race I run economically reasonable, but now it's fuel is the problem on last lap...but who are stuck in the last corner - NRJ hehe - I stop in T'last & pushes NRJ over finish line...at the last moment, Alex is just behind  Wink Fantastic exciting race with close finish...wow, almost a little too close.  Tongue

I'm happy that I can use the cars in the 2 best classes in the rest of the season.
Grats for us all...& especially to Team GTLDK, we did very well today, over half the server was from our Team  thumbup2

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2011, 12:18:28 AM +0100 »

I'd like to offer myself as a DNF to Tony here as I don't think it fair to take points in the championship that might affect others final results in Championship Wink

Done  thumbup1

Navin R Johnson

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2011, 02:37:01 AM +0100 »

Thanks Tony  Cool
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com