Quarterly cost: �0

March 29, 2024, 01:08:31 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Season 21 - mid season review  (Read 8811 times)
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2011, 11:12:21 PM +0100 »

As we are halfway through the season now might be an opportune time to review how things are going and canvas opinions from you, the drivers, on what has gone well and what hasn't. It can also be used to garner ideas for what we will do in the next season.

Firstly, we have set up four polls where you can vote (see 'announcements');
Porsche Team Cup
65 divisions
Seasons and breaks
60fps patch
You can ONLY vote in those threads but feel free to leave any comments regarding them here.

Aside from the ‘polls’ an Agenda is outlined below.  Please feel free to comment on these items or indeed raise new ones. Nothing is written in stone yet.

1) Lap one modding - how do you feel it is working out? Is it having any effect on decreasing the number of incidents?

2) Scoring system - any comments following the change?

3) 50% rule (Pro/Historics). How do we feel this is working? Is it making things safer or putting people off bothering?

4) Are things too heavily weighted against the following driver? Should we ease up to encourage more passing? Are we encouraging close racing or stifling it with too much moderation?

5) Any rule changes you would like to see?

6) Moderating and the Appeals Process - is everyone happy with the moderating and appeals process?

7) Handicapping - are we happy with the way things are currently working?

8 ) Rule confusion between divisions
Are all the different tweaks for different divisions confusing? What would you like to see happen?

Here are the basic differences;
67 Works - PRO so no shift/r
67 Privateers - ONE shift/r only with a compulsory SnG
66 Historics - PRO so no shift/r and you must complete 50% distance to score
65 Pro - PRO so no shift/r and you must complete 50% distance to score
65 Novs - unlimited shift/r but with a compulsory SnG
Specs - unlimited shift/r but with a compulsory SnG
GT's - ONE shift/r only with a compulsory 10 second pit stop
Porsche - PRO so no shift/r

9) The divisions - any comments or suggestions?

10) Tracks
Are we happy with the current track allocations?
Are we happy with trying new tracks? (subject to checking for faults and possible testing)
Are there any tracks you would particularly like to see in Season 22? If so which mod and why?

All other comments and suggestions are most welcome…
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 11:47:45 PM +0100 by vosblod » Logged
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2011, 12:51:32 PM +0100 »

So many topics to cover, lol, this may be a long post...

As we are halfway through the season now might be an opportune time to review how things are going and canvas opinions from you, the drivers, on what has gone well and what hasn't. It can also be used to garner ideas for what we will do in the next season.

Porsche Team Cup
65 divisions
Seasons and breaks
60fps patch
You can ONLY vote in those threads but feel free to leave any comments regarding them here.

1. Porsche - I think the fact that this is the much easier car to drive makes it more suitable to running a team championship that has drivers of any skill level and experience running in it. Porsche vs. Ferrari is a bit like comparing 65s to 67s F1, and more people are feeling comfortable with the former. Anyway, if I have to speak for myself only, I support the Porsche as well, it's stable, fast, has a big mirror and looks good.  Grin The only downside may be that it has a shorter braking distance so passing is more difficult, but I don't really mind. Ah and it's much less prone to experiencing the locked wheels bug than the other cars.

2. 65s - I don't really mind running smaller grids. As I've said before, you only race against 3-4 people at most, the rest are either backmarkers to you, which you'd prefer to go without most of the time, and people you never see during the race. So 3 divisions sounds better, not to mention the benefits in terms of handicapping the field better and allowing quicker drivers to race something other than BT7/Cooper, assuming we still continue to use the same handicapping system.

3. Season breaks and format - I like the idea of running a short 5 races season until the end of this year and then begin the next proper season in January 2012. The idea of planning up to 2013 is a bit unrealistic to me, it's impossible to predict how things would unfold in such a vast period of time (relatively speaking), so I see no benefit in planning to shift the season starts at January 2013 after having another frequently paused and prolonged season in 2011-2012.

4. 60 FPS patch - my new PC can handle it most of the time now, though I experience some fps drop with GTs sometimes, even without 60 fps patch, so if we're to use it, I would be against that to happen with the GT mod or that we use tracks with heavy graphics.

Aside from the ‘polls’ an Agenda is outlined below.  Please feel free to comment on these items or indeed raise new ones. Nothing is written in stone yet.

1) Lap one modding - how do you feel it is working out? Is it having any effect on decreasing the number of incidents?

I've not seen a difference really. People drive the same as before, at least in the divisions I race in. It's a good thing to have though, so I hope lap one mandatory modding remains.

It works good so far, I'm glad we didn't go along with the initially proposed system.

3) 50% rule (Pro/Historics). How do we feel this is working? Is it making things safer or putting people off bothering?

I like it and if it was up to me, I would introduce it to more divisions as well, such as GTs, Porsche and Works. I don't really understand why it's only used in Pro and Historic, given that our only rookie divisions are Novices and Privateers.

4) Are things too heavily weighted against the following driver? Should we ease up to encourage more passing? Are we encouraging close racing or stifling it with too much moderation?

Apart from a few occurrences of verdicts where I think the driver in front should've shared more of the responsibility, but where it wasn't really a passing maneuver to begin with, I haven't noticed much of a pattern like that. In general I've always been under the impression that a lot of incidents are simply labeled as racing incidents as it should be, with a few exceptions which I oppose, but I guess you can't expect perfection with such a thing. I would actually ask for more severe penalties again, because the current ones simply don't teach the driver that he/she should change their approach in future races and not cause the same type of accidents over and over again. It's very frustrating to others who get involved and have their races ruined repeatedly, just for the responsible driver to be given another string of dropped places...

Yes, as I just said for the previous point - gradually increasing penalties in terms of severity and type, instead of simply increasing the number of lost places, particularly when penalizing drivers who don't really lose anything with such a penalty, such as retired drivers or drivers finishing down the grid. The idea of penalties should be to show the driver he's doing something wrong and that he should change his approach.

I also think the corner cutting rule shouldn't be rigidly set in stone, but be adapted on a track by track basis. There are certain tracks which have corners and zone where cutting is the safer thing to do (i.e. Pebble Beach or Aintree) or tracks where, even if you try each lap, you would often cut quite often, just because it's the more natural line. Also, as was the case with Adelaide, we were allowed to use road beyond the white line in places, but not in others, where it the advantage gained would increase hand by hand with the risk taken. That means it should be down to the drivers to decide how much they want to risk in order to gain advantage.

6) Moderating and the Appeals Process - is everyone happy with the moderating and appeals process?

Seems fine to me. Some division races take a very long time before a moderator report is published though, but I guess people are busy.

Not in some divisions, no, especially in 65s. I don't like how our top drivers are so overly-handicapped that they are no more in contention for podiums and their only chances remain if one of those who is put in faster car has bad luck and either retires or drops down. I also don't like that nothing is being done for drivers who are clearly too fast for the chassis they drive. Championship standings should not be used to judge how well handicapping is working and things should be looked in detail - lap times, consistency, driving mistakes, fairness of driving and so on. It's really disturbing mixing up drivers on different stage of their development and having them race each other, because there's a lot of misunderstanding and trouble on the track as a result. Handicapping should be more subtle, just enough to close the gaps, but not so much as to change the order - that is unacceptable and it goes against the principle of competitive racing.

I'm also still not really content with the tokens system in Graduates. I know it's not a form of handicap, but teams who chose to use a single chassis are automatically handicapped by either having to drive slower cars in some races or being forced to take a non-team car if they're to have enough tokens to race their team car. With the pitstop system it allowed any kind of teams to race on equal terms - both single chassis and multiple chassis teams.

Are all the different tweaks for different divisions confusing? What would you like to see happen?

Yes, I find it very confusing to remember all the differences between the divisions and I think they should be united under one set of rules or two at most - one for rookie/slower drivers divisions and one for the rest. I would support Pro damage, no shift-r, 50% distance to score, or if we want to keep shift-rs and stop/gos for some of the divisions, those should have Int rules, 1 shift-r only, compulsory stop/go at end of the same lap without any time served. GTs in particular were very confusing with that 10 seconds stop requirement.

I think I mentioned that above under handicapping. Maybe I should add, in addition to what I said above, that I'm a firm supporter of the Historic handicap system and that it should be used in Pro division.

10) Tracks
Are we happy with trying new tracks? (subject to checking for faults and possible testing)
Are there any tracks you would particularly like to see in Season 22? If so which mod and why?

Tracks are good and interesting, but they must be chosen in relation to handicap systems to avoid giving too much of an advantage to quicker cars, otherwise it's extremely frustrating to some of the drivers. We should accent on driving skill, not machinery, and tracks play a major role in how that balances out. As for what tracks I like to see, I noticed one particular track which I remember is very interesting to drive and would like to see it used, probably in 65 division and some of the others as well. It's called Opatija (Preluk) and you probably know it. I think it was a real track as well. If I have to chose a fantasy track, I would vote for The Moon!  Grin Seriously, it provides great racing as we found out some months ago when we used it in BREASTS.

Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2011, 05:12:02 PM +0100 »

4. 60 FPS patch - my new PC can handle it most of the time now, though I experience some fps drop with GTs sometimes, even without 60 fps patch, so if we're to use it, I would be against that to happen with the GT mod or that we use tracks with heavy graphics.

Everybody who can race a GT or 69X race with stable 36FpS can also run it with 60 with the right settings!

In the FunLiga we race GTs with 60FpSV1 patch. 20 different tracks per year with a constant training server on IGOR.

I experienced some fps drops down to 40fps before our last race at Monthlery,
but after correcting my CCC 3D settings my race was in stable 60FpS.

I had set up several times servers with the new 69X mod or GTs in 60fps without problems caused by the patch.
67s, 65s and 66s should run for everybody, as they have much lower requirements.

I also know drivers who boycott 36fps races consequently. "Eek flip-book!" This is so sad...

2. 65s - I don't really mind running smaller grids...
...So 3 divisions sounds better, not to mention the benefits in terms of handicapping the field better and allowing quicker drivers to race something other than BT7/Cooper, ...

Here I am fully with Hristo
Yes I vote for 3 divisions with free car choice!
Dominating drivers have to move up next season!
Even when there are only 9-10 drivers in each we will get much closer grids!
Maybe we also get more drivers to take part as there is more fun with closer racing.

Imagine the F1 when the fastest drivers Vettel, Alonso, Hamilton and Button get mid season a Lotus for the rest of the races...

chef
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 05:25:06 PM +0100 by Cookie » Logged

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2011, 06:46:34 PM +0100 »

3 items on my agenda :

In my opinion the 1965 series require a crystal ball - not as a trophy, but so as to predict the division's future popularity.  A 3 way split would be good, if we continue to grow in numbers, and there are 3 adequate Servers, to serve us.  There is currently only 1 good one, in use in 1965.

And if we were to adopt a '66 style handicap system, there'd be rather a lot of Lotii, running loose about the place.  I prefer to see a variety of species.

Porsche or Ferrari - the success of the Super Cup IMHO, is due to the Porsche's, 'One size fits all', user friendliness.  The GT series has nowhere near the same popularity to date.  Even if rolling starts were discontinued, I think this would remain true.  While the Ferrari has the looks, and the sound to be more successful, it lacks the same driveability.

However, a Ferrari mini-series might be fun, in the off-Season?  It would indicate if there is further reason, for debate.

Driver penalties - I'd vote for more serious penalties for more serious transgressions, and would like to see it linked to our former glorious championship points system, with it's emphasis on outstanding performance.  On the other hand, we currently have the opportunity to transgress our way through many more races, than in the past.  So, if penalties were made more serious, their duration should be shorter, or they may provoke discontent amongst the masses!  Horrors!     
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2011, 07:00:00 PM +0100 »

There is currently only 1 good one, in use in 1965. 

Which one? I can use UKGPL3 next season which I think has proved robust for practice and the BritFun series.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
Clutch4

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2011, 07:32:48 PM +0100 »

Hi

I only race 65 Pro because a lack of time means i don't seem to be able to get set-ups, learn tracks, practice for more than one division. Tried it before, but it didn't work, though ideally i'd like to try others.

I can only comment on 65 Pro, so here goes:

Tracks - I love the tracks this season. There really has been a selection whereby the slower drivers can make the power count and mix it with the really fast drivers. I've found the Tracks last season didn't really give that much of an advantage to the 'power' boys, but the results this season seem a little more varied with the podium spots being available to a larger selection of drivers.

Handicapping system - Ok try this. For next season in 65 Pro, lets have NO handicapping. Lets get rid of all these tedious pre season, pre race, post season, post race threads about handicapping and lets do a season in 65 Pro only with no Handicapping. Everyone picks the car they want and thats the end of it.
For me, i want us to find out what a non-handicapoing season would be like in Pro 65. If the same people / person wins, so be it. If after half a season half the people drop out because they're at the back all the time and its boring, so be it. If it becomes incredibly dull, so be it. At least then we've given the fast guys a chance to blow away the opposition and we can see the Pro's and Cons, and who knows, if you drop Spa & Monza in there, a few of us slower guys may be able to hold onto their coat tails.
I stress, this is for one season only. It would also offer the chance (slim chance) for one of the slower guys to maybe get a victory or podium on 'fair' terms which is worth more. 
Don't get me wrong, i think the handicapping system is working well this season, as it has in previous 65 Seasons and i'm personally happy for it to continue. But lets have a 'one off' season where everyone can do what they want. If its absolutely rubbish, then even the most talented drivers may think, well, its nice winning, but when i'm leading from lights to flag without another car insight on a half empty server, exactly how much fun was it?
To be fair, there's about 5 guys in Pro 65 who could fight all race at the front with each other regardless of car choice so it may not be that bad.
Just a controversial point.  Wink

Races - I'd still like slightly shorter Pro 65 races as i still think its usually all done and dusted at 75% race distance.

Other than that. - No problems. Love UKGPL and the members. All of them, friendly and helpful gentlemen.

Incidentally, when Targa was released we did a one off time trial event over 1 lap (about a year ago?) with everyone setting off at 1minute intervals. That was quite good as a one off event and a little different from the usual 'races'. Maybe worth another go if enough interest.  Wink

Thanks to all at UKGPL. Keep up the great work.  Smiley 
jhalli

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 16, 2011, 08:51:12 PM +0100 »

Porsche Team Cup
i like it as it is now,everybody can drive Porche Grin, not against Ferrari cup i like all GT cars  .  Cheesy

65 divisions
i think amateurs and pros separately is ok.

Seasons and breaks
ok as it is

60fps patch
i have been using 60fps with 67's,66's,65's,GT's,69X's,  67's many seasonsnow in Trellet.net gpl league without problems,  only mod it is struggle is GT-mod + Porches, 69-extra mod. So i recommend using original 67's or 65's with 60fps, + using known light versions of tracks

its working i guess

ok ,no problems

so you mean you have to drive 50% of race distance?, its okay too

cant comment on this yet as havent seen ALbi 65's pro race report.

GT's shift-r + stop'n go 10sec at pit is confusing , i have no clock always to watch seconds, i recommend set this to just stop'n go without 10sec sitting.

6) Moderating and the Appeals Process - is everyone happy with the moderating and appeals
process?

is very slow, but what can you do?  Wink

yes slow car for fast drivers

yes as Hristo mentioned before shift-r and stop'n go penalties should be same for all division and mods.

works as it is now

10) Tracks

the more non-papy tracks the better, i liked the tracks is been used past 65 season and GT's + Porche cup. If we are going to use 60fps with GT's or Porche Cup i suggest to choose known very light tracks as i have problems to run these mods smoothly. 

Juha

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2011, 10:21:57 PM +0100 »

so you mean you have to drive 50% of race distance?, its okay too

It means you need to have covered at least 50% of the race distance before you're eligible to score points. If you retire before that, you score zero.

vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2011, 10:22:16 PM +0100 »

Just a bit of feedback as to the length of time it takes to moderate as the subject has been mentioned. Not a defence, fair enough it can take a while, but basically this is what happens; we have to leave it open for around a week so you guys can submit and respond to any reports. The modder then has to review any reports/responses/client replays as well as the server replay. Also, we now have to check everyone in lap one and clear them off. Once that happens, if there are no incidents or they are fairly straightforward, the report can be typed and posted. IF, and this quite often happens, an incident is not entirely clear cut a modder may want opinions from other moderators so they have to wait for that.
It comes down to time, people might be away etc and it doubles up for second opinions. We try to get reports published before the next division event but it's not always possible.

Point taken though.
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 10:31:09 AM +0100 »

**EDITED BY MIKE TO FIX THE QUOTES

The Porsche works because the Porsche fits on the track and has decent visibility to allow some close racing. The other GT cars, in my opinion, are too large and have crap visibility, thus providing a race full of incidents if people could be bothered to report them.

If the numbers warrant it then three divisions would be the obvious solution but I personally would not leave it up to the drivers to decide which divsion and which car they drive.

As long as you keep to full 10 race seasons start them when you want but no 5 race seasons for me please.

No thank you. Tried it and cannot get Prib to work (sorry I find Prib useful), and frame rates dropped for me despite some tweaking. Why try and fix something when its not broken?

I still think its a good idea. Impossible to say whether its having the effect on decreasing the number of incidents as people seem generally reluctant to report themselves or others and who can blame them with the current penalty point system.

Yes its working in terms of spreading the points and keeping the championships closer but I still think it takes a little away from finishing on the podium. I'm probably just being nostalgic, its working.

Not for me this one. You start a race, complete as many laps as you can and collect points for where you finish regardless of how many laps you have completed. Seems fair to me. We have had a ridiculous situation already this season where someone found at fault for causing someone else to retire early despite being penalised actually kept their position because the all the other drivers including the driver affected by their poor driving had not completed 50% distance!!! Does that put me off, you bet it does.

No the rules are pretty clear and appear to work. My one proviso would be the issue of excessive centre lane hogging by drivers at times. I'm probably as guilty as the next driver at times and would like to see this discouraged to allow more side by side racing.

Like other I would like to see some harsher immediate penalties for clear and/or repeat poor driving offences. Starting from the loss of championship points, next race back of the grid, next race compulsory first lap stop and go, next race ban, anything but something different to the accumulation of the current penalty points.

You guys are doing a great job, thanks.

In general some form of handicapping is required to keep things intersting for all. Maybe the handicapping in the Pro series is too extreme for some but at the other end of the spectrum the Porsche Cup was saved from total disaster by the spread of drivers per team handicapping stipulated.

No. How hard is it for people to just read the rules on the series specific page before a race if they are not certain???

Intermediate divsions if enough people but I like the idea of drivers being graded for these divisions rather than deciding totally themselves. Drivers can at times be less than honest regarding their abilities.

10) Tracks
Love the track choices this season, the mix of old and new works for me. As couple of track I would like to see what about the International Motor Speedway (oval) and the Isle of Man road course, peachy.  The 69 mod maybe, I miss it this season.

All other comments and suggestions are most welcome.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:33:18 AM +0100 by miner2049er » Logged
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2011, 12:35:49 PM +0100 »

No thank you. Tried it and cannot get Prib to work (sorry I find Prib useful), and frame rates dropped for me despite some tweaking. Why try and fix something when its not broken?

Sorry Ray, but this is not an point against 60FpS!

I have perfect working Pribluda under all conditions!

Look, here are my Pribluda files to test:
Clive just try my files Wink

_http://oron.com/zbx1x7ysftjt/GPL.rar.html_

_http://www.filesonic.com/file/1399809184/GPL.rar_

chef

PS: this is optimized for 1920x1080 with OGLV2 Rasterizer
PS: there is free DL on this possible for everybody Wink

chef

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
Ronniepeterson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2011, 02:00:35 PM +0100 »

Thanks for the edit Mike it needed it.

Point taken Axel. My main gripe is the apparent lack of frame rate improvement, for me, with my current set up despite tweaks to my graphics. I'm still working on it and its getting better. I'm all for progress but only if we can get it working for everyone.

PS Still cannot see the free download?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 02:23:17 PM +0100 by Ronniepeterson » Logged
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 01:46:45 PM +0100 »

Not for me this one. You start a race, complete as many laps as you can and collect points for where you finish regardless of how many laps you have completed. Seems fair to me. We have had a ridiculous situation already this season where someone found at fault for causing someone else to retire early despite being penalised actually kept their position because the all the other drivers including the driver affected by their poor driving had not completed 50% distance!!! Does that put me off, you bet it does.

The rule is to motivate people to try and reach at least half distance, and that helps avoid unnecessary risk taking in the beginning. It also prevents people to just park it on lap 1 or something, and still score, especially when there are smaller grids (i.e. check the number of starters for Lakeside Works). As for being a victim in an accident, that's how it is - today it may be you, but next time it would be someone else. How fair is it if you struggle and fight for the whole duration of the race while someone does a handful of laps, but still both of you get points? It affects the championship in an unrealistic manner and as far as I know every real life motorsport has a rule for completed distance before you can score.

happyal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2011, 01:37:55 PM +0100 »

Hello,

Even though I was told before the season started that my opinion doesn’t count because I’m too slow, I’m going to wade into this anyway.

Porsche Team Cup
65 divisions
Seasons and breaks
60fps patch

I would prefer to keep the current Porsche series, instead of a Ferrari series.

I am in favour of an intermitted 65 division, smaller grids won’t be too much of a problem, and it might bring more people into the Novices division as they don’t have as much of a cliff to climb.

I like the idea of automatic promotions and demotions to the different divisions too, but I guess that happens anyway.

How about a silly idea where Novices can only drive BT7 and Coopers, mid level drivers can drive BRM, Honda, Cooper or BT7 and the Pro’s get a completely free choice. That way there is an incentive to move up and avoid going down (or maybe not, but like I said, it’s a silly idea).

I’m fine with what ever happens with the different seasons.

I would like to do a test series with the 60fps patch before I comment any further, as I don’t have much experience running it.

No problems with lap 1 modding, it seems to be working well as far as I’m concerned.

Yes I think it’s working well, maybe people are getting too many points for finishing mid table, but I don’t have any better suggestions so it’s good.

Don’t run these leagues so I have no comment

Not noticed anything wrong with the current system, if anyone has and can put their point across then I’ll be happy to see a change.

Yes, I think that the current penalty points system needs a bit of a overhaul. I think that the penalty points stay on the record for too long. It works well if you are only racing one or two series in the year, but if you race quite a bit, and get involved in only one or two incidents then you get penalised too heavily. In fact if you look at the Novices points page you’ll be hard pressed to see anyone without any penalty points.

I also like Ronnie’s idea of increased penalties for repeat offences, starting with next race back of the grid, next race compulsory first lap stop and go, next race ban etc. (I’m well aware that my performance at Monza would of activated one of these punishments)

Yes, all seems to be working well. And I am thankful that we have moderators that are willing to give up their free time to help run our racing series smoothly.

The only other things I would like to see is the moderator giving more advice in the Novice division.

Yes, handicapping seems to give different people a chance to compete evenly in the divisions that I race in.

I think that only the novices should be allowed any type of shift/r, as I think that the penalty for getting something really wrong is not high enough at the moment. I understand that it gives people a second chance, especially when it wasn’t your fault, so I do understand why the rule is in place.

I would like to see a 69 division, and a intermittent 65 division as covered above.

10) Tracks

Current tracks are fine, Novices epically was a good selection this year.

I’ve no problem trying any track, the only problem I’ve got is that I’m slow at learning new tracks and might not have time to learn a long track. But that’s my problem and I’ll just have to deal with it if we choose a longer track.

I would like to see Nürburgring (Nordschleife) (lol, yes I can see the irony to what I said above) in the Novice division.

All other comments and suggestions are most welcome…

Just to say thank you again to all the mods how make our races possible.

GPL65Rank = coming soon.....
GPL65v2Rank = +187.164
maddog

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2011, 12:50:49 AM +0100 »

Track allocations :

Several of the original 11 GP tracks, have had their races lumped together, this Season.  2 or 3 Divisions, racing on the same track, within just a few days.  We still have a spate at Spa, and then Zandvoort coming up.  I doubt there is a particular advantage to this, unless someone knows different?

Last Season, I suggested we take this approach to new tracks.  An objection by some, was that tracks are hard to learn.  By using them in 2 or 3 mods, we get our moneysworth - 'more wheelbanging for our Buck', as the Americans would say.  The fab. 11 are used often, so everyone should know their way around already.  Do we want them lumped next Season, or spaced out? 
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com