Quarterly cost: �0

March 29, 2024, 09:46:30 AM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
S4455GPP
S4455GPW
S4466CA
S4467F1P
S4467F1W
S4467F2A
S4467F2P
S44JSMT
Recent
S4455GPW Indianapolis …
S4455GPP Indianapolis …
S4466CA Road America (…
S4467F1W Imola (1953-7…
S4467F1P Imola (1953-7…
S4467F2A Ingliston
S4467F2P Ingliston
Forthcoming
S44JSMT Goodwood (Circ…
S44JSMT Boreham Airfie…

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • S21GT Laguna Seca: August 21, 2011
August 21, 2011, 10:02:20 PM +0100 - Laguna Seca (1988+) - UKGPL Season 21 (2011) GT
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Hristo Itchov
 Red GT
Chaparral Mk2F GT 1967 1 1:08.687
99.594mph
1 53:55.805
95.134mph
45 1:08.721
99.545mph
Firestone  
EvilClive
 Red GT
Porsche 910 GT 1967 3 +1.340
97.688mph
2 +53.072
93.599mph
45 1:10.422
97.140mph
Dunlop  
FullMetalGasket
 Orange GT
Ferrari 330/P4 GT 1967 2 +1.292
97.755mph
3 +1:05.355
93.251mph
45 1:10.389
97.186mph
Firestone  
fpolicardi
 Blue GT
Mirage M1 GT 1967 6 +3.687
94.520mph
4 +1L
91.897mph
44 1:11.648
95.478mph
Firestone  
Cookie
 Green GT
Ferrari 330/P4 GT 1967 5 +3.550
94.699mph
5 +3L
88.532mph
42 1:13.337
93.279mph
Firestone  
happyal
 Blue GT
Lola T70 MkIII GT 1967 8 +6.895
90.508mph
6 +4L
86.366mph
41 1:14.299
92.071mph
Goodyear  
s2173
 Pink GT
Porsche 910 GT 1967 7 +6.838
90.577mph
7 +5L
84.536mph
40 1:15.677
90.395mph
Disco
Dunlop  
BadBlood
 Red GT
Mirage M1 GT 1967 10 +18.135
78.791mph
8 +10L
72.713mph
35 1:24.169
81.275mph
Disco
Firestone  
jhalli
 Grey GT
Mirage M1 GT 1967 4 +2.738
95.776mph
9 +29L
77.770mph
16 1:12.507
94.347mph
Disco
Firestone  
Dave Randall
 Orange GT
Chaparral Mk2D GT 1967 9 +8.482
88.647mph
10 +36L
75.446mph
9 1:18.863
86.743mph
Disco
Firestone  
2 GamesclanT7

Mirage M1 GT 1967 11 11 DNS ---
---
Firestone  

Moderator's Report

As I moderating this one two years late and there are no reports we'll say everything was ok!

SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
Grand Prix Legends
GT 1967
1:08.687
99.594mph
Hristo Itchov
Qualifying
Chaparral Mk2FAugust 21, 2011, 10:02:20 PM +0100
S21GT
Grand Prix Legends
GT 1967
1:08.721
99.545mph
Hristo Itchov
Race
Chaparral Mk2FAugust 21, 2011, 10:02:20 PM +0100
S21GT
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGPL Season 21 (2011) GT - Laguna Seca - Aug 21  (Read 4522 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: August 18, 2011, 12:53:28 PM +0100 »

Round 9 and we cross the Atlantic to the classic circuit of Laguna Seca 67 where there have been many races with these GT cars over the years

A track with the tortuous Corkscrew to catch out the unwary and those deadly polos around various corners, that will happily remove a wheel for you if you stray just a little off the racing line.

You all know the difficulties with the poor rear view in these cars so please be aware that the car in front maybe cannot see you and does not know you are there. Particularly on the first racing lap! The use of the "virtual mirror" may not be exactly historically accurate but it makes things a lot safer..it is your choice.

REMEMBER TO CHECK YOUR USAGE OF THE DIFFERENT CARS BETWEEN TEAM MEMBERS AS THE SEASON PROGRESSES.

DRIVERS IN THE GREY AND PINK TEAMS NEED TO LOOK CAREFULLY AT WHAT CARS HAVE BEEN USED. BECAUSE THERE HAVE BEEN DIFFERENT DRIVERS IN THESE TEAMS, EACH CHASSIS MUST BE USED EQUALLY. THE NUMBER OF TIMES THE TEAM HAS USED EACH CAR IS SHOWN BELOW.

Race List = IGOR
Server = UKGPL_T7_2
IP address = 62.149.202.168
Race date = Sunday Aug 21st
Time = 21:00 UK time (21:00 GMT)
Track = Laguna Seca 67   http://gpltd.bcsims.com/?dis=L&menu=Show_Letters
Race length = approx 50 minutes (45 laps)
Variant = GT mod
Damage Model = Intermediate (see rules below re resets)
Qualifying time = 35 minutes. Don't start until 30 mins left on clock to allow everyone to join the server.
Password: see above
Driver lists can be found on the championship standings page

There will be rolling starts for all races with full moderation of both the warm-up and first lap.

Guidelines for rolling starts...

The car on pole will lead off the grid and maintain a steady pace for the 1st lap around 175kph
All drivers should form up in single file behind him leaving 3-4 car lengths between each car.
There is NO OVERTAKING on the 1st lap until the exit of the last corner.
It is the reponsibility of the lead car to ensure that all drivers are with him as he approaches the final corner.
Racing and overtaking begin AFTER the exit of the last corner, so you may overtake between the exit of the last corner and the S/F line.

Any driver who loses his position on the rolling lap, by going off, blowing his engine or through contact with another car ( regardless of fault) must rejoin at the back of the field.
Incidents on the rolling lap ( Lap 1) will be fully modded and anyone found to have caused another competitor to lose position through bad driving will be penalised appropriately.
Also, please make sure that you know which car you should be following on the rolling lap, so that you do NOT get out of position.

The teams have been chosen and the cars are polished and ready to go.

TEAMS

RED TEAM          HRISTO ITCHOV,  Evilclive, Paul Badblood  
 Chap 2F / Mirage / Porsche

BLUE TEAM        SAMB, Fulvio, Happy Al  
Chap 2F/ Lola/ Mirage

GREEN TEAM     ZACHARIA BLITO, Phil Thornton, Axel Cookie
Chapp 2F/ Ferrari P4 / Mirage

ORANGE TEAM        NIGEL SMITH, Tim FMG,Dave RAndall  
Ferrari P4 / Chapp 2D / Ford GT MK2.

GREY TEAM     Captained by Tim Vosblod who is looking after the part time drivers who cannot be sure to attend every race.

The cars for the Grey team for this season will be
Chapperal 2D.................   USED 7 TIMES
Mirage............................USED  4 TIMES
Ford GT40 MK1.................USED 6 TIMES

a NEW pink team HAS BEEN FORMED TO ACCOMODATE A FEW MORE OF THE TEMPORARY DRIVERS IN THIS SERIES

The Cars for the Pink Team are
Ferrari  ........................USED 1 TIMES
Mk2 GT40.....................USED 1 TIMES
Porsche

All drivers must drive all 3 team cars at least 3 times. At the end of the 10 race championship any TEAM found to be in breach of this rule will have its BEST TEAM points result of the season cancelled. Each driver will drop his worst 2 results, in line with the other championships, this gets over the problem of missed races and 2 man teams looking for a sub at the last minute.

The events will be run on Intermediate damage and allow ONE Shift-R with a compulsory 10 second pit stop regardless of fault. (This means 10 seconds in your pitbox without moving). Any driver who fails to take a 10 second stop within 1 lap after a Shift-R, will be disqualified from the results. For this division the full moderation of lap one now applying across all divisions will include both the warm up lap and lap one proper.

Please check the Season 21 pages for details regarding rules and the GT Team Challenge pages in particular.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 12:56:35 PM +0100 by EvilClive » Logged

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @ Evilclive67**
Rank   Only when I sweat
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

Sassafrassarassum Rick Rastardly!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2011, 06:29:34 PM +0100 »

I am away on my hols until Sunday so I will not be able to update the spreadsheet but you still have last time's race to look at.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
GPL65Rank +71.1ish Smiley
Other ranks? Middlin' Slowish Wink
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2011, 11:10:00 PM +0100 »

Have a good break Paul.  Grin

Rank   Only when I sweat
s2173

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2011, 03:01:10 AM +0100 »

Be aware that the pink team porsche is taken... by me! Already drove mk2 3 times, so im done with it.

Who is the living, loving city of people without faces? The elevator is screaming in his claws.

The Red City, 43 Novctober 2173.
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2011, 09:37:41 AM +0100 »

T7 and GPG.8 servers are set for 45 laps Long race and listening on Igor.
I'll be late to join so I hope someone will substitute Paul to launch server.
Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2011, 10:00:46 AM +0100 »

Any volunteers to start the server?   Roll Eyes

Rank   Only when I sweat
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2011, 04:15:55 PM +0100 »

ME - I'm home.

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2011, 06:53:44 PM +0100 »

phew!! thanks Paul  Wink

Rank   Only when I sweat
jhalli

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2011, 10:29:22 PM +0100 »

wierd racing, i was 4th on warm-up lap but after couple of laps gpl put me to 9th?

i did alot of mistakes and crash now and then,after make a 10 sec pit stop and when i was leaving pit, i see few cars passed me finely but Hristo crashed to the "steel" cones, no i dont think i was guilty to his accident, but luckily he was able to continue.  Shocked

another accident with FMG i was leaving him room to left to drive normal race line but he was decided to pass from the right with full throttle with no lifting ,he collided and pit stop ? sorry about the incident Tim.

i decided to retire as it seems i was having another bad race and car engine was broke.

no good . Sad
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:31:27 PM +0100 by jhalli » Logged
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2011, 11:14:25 PM +0100 »

Super terrible here.

Tried to keep out of the way. Had no setup after my holiday and I could not get the b^%@y thing to turn. Was a full ten seconds slower than everybody else and although the faster drivers might not have been amused I was trying my hardest. I had practised contrary to popular opinion BUT I just could not find any consistency and thus confidence so I was braking very early and that meant I spent the whole race looking at blue flags and staring into my mirror.

Apologies due to several drivers but in particular, Fulvio, Evil and Tim. Particularly the last named as I was trying to get out of the way and forced him off which ruined a promising battle with Hristo. Good for the team though  Grin Seriously though, considered retiring as I was so far off the pace (>25%). Only kept going for the team but perhaps I should have retired for the good of the field.

Hard. Knackered now and I muffed up the server launch... Sad

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
Cookie
UKGPL Divisional Moderator
UKGPL Moderators

Chris Amon fan

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2011, 09:01:21 AM +0100 »

Phew, this was hard work!

Did not become save on this track before the race...
So I decided to do this frightening race in the "cool and quiet" mode.

In the rolling 1st lap got a bump initiated by Fulvios wife Grin
But could keep my position...

In the race I became more and more confident and learned the groove of the the track.
Surprisingly my engine exploded in lap 29 without a prewarning, it did not affect my position but I had full fuel load again.  Angry

It was a weird feeling, being in the middle between lapping and being lapped at the same time...
The lapped drivers behaved well and I had no problems, as I hope the lapping ones had none with me Wink

Hope to get my teammates back for the LeMans grande finale!

chef

Axel "Cookie"

poor, he who sees no stars without the punch in the face

an aphorism of  Stanislaus Jercy Lec
fpolicardi

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2011, 10:32:00 AM +0100 »

Yeah sorry Axel, my wife popped in my racing room asking something during rolling lap when I had to brake for T3, distracted I braked at the usual point and bumped you  Sad
Luckily we could regain easily the time lost during the rest of the lap thx to the cars ahead giving room, but I'm not sure I did the right thing passing cars after my crash  Huh angel
Forth in the end was over my best expectations in the Mirage, but I was hot after 90 min. race with iRacing GT40 so almost all went well in the race.  Smiley
Ciao

Fulvio Policardi
Team7 Driver
BadBlood
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2011, 10:43:58 AM +0100 »

Just to show how terrible it was - I span on the warm up lap at the last turn and then rolled the car on the first racing lap at the Corkscrew so Lap 3 started with a stop n go. It got marginally better after that...

BadBlood

aka

Angel Moose angel
GPLRank +71.5ish Smiley
happyal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2011, 11:08:14 AM +0100 »

Quiet race from me. I was driving the Lola, and in the past 2 races I've driven the Lola I've blown the engine. So this time I was very careful with my revs, down changes etc. As a result I couldn't really push too much in the early laps.

At the start I was behind Sky, I was just about staying with him but I have my own wife moment when she asks me something mid corner sending me into my own spin. After that I couldn't push too much and Sky was gone. I went into bring it home mode. I tried to stay out of the way of lapping cars, but had a couple of bumps with H, but nothing too serious I hope.

WIth about 20 laps to go I picked up my pace a little, thinking that I could afford a shift & r if my engine blew. I was surprised to see that Sky was stuck in teh bales at one corner, so I picked up a place after all. I wanted to just bring it home then, in the last 2 laps was the only time I really pushed and got my fastest time of the race, to be honest I was just trying to keep myself busy most of the race, and trying not to spin again.

Looking at the championship, Red's are out in front and can't be caught now. I think that we Blues are quite safe in second too Smiley not that I can claim any credit for many of our points.

GPL65Rank = coming soon.....
GPL65v2Rank = +187.164
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2011, 01:14:35 PM +0100 »

In qually I never hooked up a clean lap that I would have expected to be in the low  1:09's and as a result started 3rd behind Hristo's 2F and Tims Ferrari. I knew that it would be an interesting race, as they would have the outright speed advantage but my Porsche would be faster through the corners.

I was so busy wondering what had happened to the rest of the grid on the rolling lap that I was almost left way behind the front two and just managed to catch them at the final turn.
I was quite happy with the handling of the Porker and could push hard even on cold tyres, so staying with the 2 aliens up front was not too difficult. They blasted away on the straights but I easily closed the gap under braking and through the corners. I was quicker through the corkscrew and closed on Tim and I knew that I could take the next downhill left hander flat in 3rd, with a chance to make a move at the bottom of the hill. But where the Porsche was glued to the track on cold(ish) tyres Tim's Fezza cried "enough" on the left hander and slewed sideways just as I had nailed the gas pedal to the floor. I tried to tighten my line, but I could not get any more grip from the front end and although I felt nothing, it seems I waza'd Tim off the circuit with a deft blow to his rear end. Sorry Tim!  Undecided

Next up was Hristo in his awesomely powerful 2F. That car really makes a Porsche driver feel so inadequate when you get to a straight!!! I was nailing the throttle early and felt like I was almost acheiving escape velocity out of some corners and that 2F just drove away!! But once again I could close up huge distances under braking and through some of the tighter corners so was keeping in touch. Then Hristo got caught up amongst some of the first lappees and suffered a spin just before the final turn and I found the cars parted and left me with a clear road through to 1st place.
I knew that Hristo would be breathing fire and that his qually time was about 1 sec faster than my PB, so I needed to build as big a gap as I could.
The laps clicked past and  I seemed to be almost holding the gap back to Hristo , until on 3 or 4 consequetive laps I caught backmarkers at the wrong place and lost a couple of secs each time. Not their fault, just bad luck on my part. Then as Hristo got within striking distance I caught a couple of cars going into T1, where the Porsche was very quick...but they were not  Roll Eyes Undecided and I ended up losing all my momentum as we cleared the Esses. The power of the 2 F allowed Hristo to simply blast past before I could get anywhere near up to speed again. The next few laps were interesting as I tailed Hristo, losing ground on the straights but on some occasions actually held up through some corners!! until I got rather more of a tow than I had anticipated on the run to T1 and ran fractionally wide just clipping a tyre. That sent me spinning into a tree and required a Shift-R...Hristo was gone!!
A quick look at Prib showed that Tim was recovering from my early attentions but was still about half a lap behind..maybe just enough time to get into the pits and do my 10 second wait.
Things worked out well and I emerged from the pits still in 2nd spot and with a reasonable lead over Tim, but miles behind Hristo. Unless Hristo had a problem I was never going to catch him, so my focus was on the gap back to Tim which varied with each lap as we both dealt with lapping other cars. The gap closed dramatically over a couple of laps as I encountered cars at the wrong place again, where there was just nowhere for them to get out of the way, but then Tim hit the same traffic and dropped back. With about 3 laps to go I had a comfortable cushion and eased off, but came upon Paul right at the entry to The Corkscrew and came to a complete halt before we both squeezed through.
Finished a comfortable second place but it would have been good to continue the battle with Hristo and his 2F for longer.

Grats to all finishers and to the cars that got lapped on a regular basis. This circuit is one of those where passing is not easy and with the GT's the performance/handling  difference between cars just makes it even more difficult. It was obvious that people were trying to make room, but with the closing speed we had it was not always easy to read which side you expected us to pass. lol.....made it quite exciting though  Grin

Rank   Only when I sweat
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com