by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 12:06:07 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • GTL GTC-76 Fun Race: April 27, 2006
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: GTL GTC-76 Fun Race - 27th April  (Read 9528 times)
FlyBri

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2006, 11:32:14 PM +0100 »

Hehe thanks man, ok will see you guys lateron

I guess you were disco'd early on Huh - had to make a rather too interesting manoeuver on the main straight to avoid your stranded car. Shocked laugh

A race of two halves for me - good early running with FlyBri's 911 and Mark Jonzo's 906 which I muscled my way past after a mistake round the back of the circuit. Then Paul968 also went off ahead, giving me a brief but adrenaline-filled run ahead of him before he eeked out a gap of a few seconds which I could just about maintain but could make no impression on him.

FlyBri must've had a pretty good view of me getting into a tank slapper and slapping the barriers on the front straight when I took my hands off the wheel for a few seconds to take my fleece off 'cause I was boiling! scared laugh

Then sometime between half distance and lap 20 the tyres suddenly gave up the ghost and I had to back off 1-1.5 seconds a lap just to avoid going off. Had to keep to that pace until the end but luckily the guys behind weren't in a position to catch and harass me. sweatdrop

For such a short track, 28 laps seemed like an eternity!

LOL, yeah got a great view of it, shame i wasnt closer to take advantage. I wondered what happened going down that straight.  ninja

GTRank name=Brian Fairley   www.28cd.co.uk
greg130
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2006, 11:40:36 PM +0100 »

Joined too late to put in a decent quali lap so ended up starting from 12th.

Race was a blast and finishing 6th was a bonus.

Always seem to enjoy GTL races, good for a laugh with plenty of action.

28CDM : http://www.28cd.co.uk

GtrRank name = Greg130

" border="0
" border="0
locutos ukgtr
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2006, 06:30:53 AM +0100 »

Spits feathers, stamps feet and generally throws childish tantrum. How the bloody hell can I be warned for cutting track when drifting wide? Disqualified for it. Besides that, the Pantera is a biatch, tyres were dead by lap 10, and for some reason it seemed easy to spin with a full fuel load, dabbed the brakes and weeeeee. Reminder to self to test with full tank in future. Set a PB in quali but stood back in awe of Jons 109s time, superb m8. Will not take the Pant again, my trusty 906 is a fluffy kitten compared to it. Good win Jon and fun as always. New PC within the next week so might be able to get GTR up n running.

Aagramn
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2006, 11:43:01 AM +0100 »

It does seem strange that of all the GTL races I've never really had any battles. I suppose in GTR we all know our cars and what the opposition are probably going to do so we can get a bit closer n stuff.

I've had some dull races in GTL, mostly when the choice of cars has spread the field out, but also lots of hectic scraps in the midfield.

Team Shark

GT Rank Name: Michael Bennett

The correct procedure is brake-swear, not swear-brake.
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 28, 2006, 12:21:50 PM +0100 »

It does seem strange that of all the GTL races I've never really had any battles.
Try starting at the back Cheesy. But seriously, I think it's the TC76 class that doesn't provide close racing. The Cortina vs Alfa challenge will give close racing for sure.
Good thing I didn't join at the last moment yesterday, because my pedals were spiking at 80%, so even going with the Pantera would have gotten me nowhere on the straights. Smiley
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 28, 2006, 10:08:47 PM +0100 »

Here is a video about this race. I tried to put as much overtaking in it as possible, but it will be better in the future. I just wanna know if it's worth the effort in the future, or people don't really care about it.
Input about the video is welcome as well, both positive as negative. From both I can learn.
5 Minutes video with engine noice and music of Europe - Final countdown.

High res version (36MB, 640x480))

Rapidshare

Easysharing

Shark's FTP Cheesy

Low res (18MB, 320x240)

Easysharing
« Last Edit: April 29, 2006, 09:45:00 AM +0100 by Shark » Logged
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: April 28, 2006, 11:04:45 PM +0100 »

Well, the video made me smile. I was just getting impressed by the driving standards, including my great pass on Protospecs, and then you cut to a shot of me punting off Aargramn, looked a bit inconclusive though  Wink. Results at end should include note about pending moderation.

Be better if we could see, or be told, who's doing what, so vids of skinned stuff will look better I'm sure. Good fun and I'd certainly like to see more of your work  yes

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 29, 2006, 01:34:07 AM +0100 »

I don't look at names when I make the vid, so there is no bias in creating it. Nobody knew that that was you punting someone off, you just confessed Wink.
I can put down the names at the bottom, instead of the lousy commentary Tongue.
What do you mean pending moderation?
This video was done very quickly. If there is more interest in it, I'll take more time with it, and get GTL report analyzer to work so i don't miss a position change.
locutos ukgtr
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 29, 2006, 07:14:04 AM +0100 »

Nice work Ruskus, not sure whether it was the vid or the music, but really enjoyed that. Now I gotta go check my replay to see who owned that 906 that rejoined nicely in front of me.

Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 29, 2006, 08:57:43 AM +0100 »

Nice work Ruskus, not sure whether it was the vid or the music, but really enjoyed that
It was the music...seriously. I watched it with only engine noice and it was boring, but with some music, it wa a whole lot better. Not the most spectecular video, but it'll do.
JonM_uk

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 29, 2006, 09:10:07 AM +0100 »

I believe I'm the guilty 906 party Sad Sad Grin Tongue
Nice Vid as always Rusk. Love that stars style credit role thingy Cool
It'd prolly make a good vid on thursday if 30 odd ppl race, plenty of action and should be close raceing in Cortina and alfa's and of course some more Ruskus music.... Tongue Tongue Tongue

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2006, 09:31:40 AM +0100 »

Good video, love the pass no 30 made on no 30  Grin

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2006, 09:45:27 AM +0100 »

Link to get it from non file-sharing website...
Shark's FTP

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2006, 10:08:58 AM +0100 »

Funny commentary :-) Good stuff Ruskus. I particularly liked the American Muscle comments. Loved the shot of the Pantera losing it as the 906 recovered in front and also the fact that a 906 managed to barge the Vette (must have got a very good run up  Wink Tongue)

My feedback on the video:

1) I'd like to see more onboard short intermingled with the TV shots (so you get both perspectives).
2) Although commentary was funny I'd rather it wasnt there LOL. Maybe nice (if not too much work) to put player names involved in small text at the bottom during clips?
3) Video was quite jerky playing here, can the FPS being increased on the video?
4) Good choice of music.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2006, 10:12:21 AM +0100 »

...love the pass no 30 made on no 30  Grin
Don't get it Embarrassed

Yup, thursday should be good. Very close cars then, I just hope for a good track (no Mondello please, FPS with 30 cars Shocked).

I'll put some Barbara Streisand on the background next time JonM_uk  Wink Tongue

So you can link to a FTP, okay, that's much better. I heard it was only private, but it's much better than rapidshare death. Easy-sharing isn't that bad tho.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com