by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 03, 2024, 08:00:55 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi Everyone  (Read 607 times)
Strugglecuddle7

View Profile
« on: December 14, 2018, 03:33:33 PM +0000 »

Hello all you fellow racers! im a huge racing game fan and have been since i got a ps1 as a small child, i am a fair/clean racer and i am looking forward to racing with like minded people on gt legends.
If anyone could give me any advice on how to get started as in what tracks i will need etc, it would be much appreciated

look forward to trying to cling on to the pack

regards james
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2018, 03:44:51 PM +0000 »

Hi James and welcome to UKGTL. We do hope you enjoy our races here. We are coming to the end of our Season 18 (Season 19 kicks of in January 2019) so this is a great time to join us.

So we have a final (normal) race on Wednesday 19th December. click this for full details https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=14757.msg268275#msg268275

In this series we run three short races every race night. In each race you run a different car. Download and install everything shown in the race announcement. Then try to join our practice server. Any probs or questions just shout out in the race thread.

All our series feature different car's, era's and formats but everything you need to know will be contained within the first post of the race topic. GTL races are listed under Forthcoming with either a L18 or L19 prefix.

Once again, welcome to UKGTL

WT

PS everything on this site is clickable
« Last Edit: December 14, 2018, 03:49:38 PM +0000 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Norbert Calenborn

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2018, 08:05:43 PM +0000 »

Hi to all Racing-Nerds on this platform!

My Name is Norbert (Nickname is rather known as Nobby, in German of course, because I´m a german fellow).

I am 46 years old now and since my third year I am rather more than likely bound to road-racing AND rallying due to my Dads and (older) brothers addiction. I grew up without any influence of soccer or any other disturbance, due to the fact that I never lived in a distance to the Nurburgring, which was more than 20km or  13miles to this demanding track.
So, I am very addicted to racing naturaly, especially to the "great times of racing", which are in my personal opinion, the 60s, 70s and 80s... and in very few cases the 90s as well.

Simracing started for me way back in the mid-80s, on my very first Commodore C64 with games like "Grand Prix Circuit", later on (after a huge brake) on Sony PS1 with TOCA and Grand Tourismo 1. By the time when "Grand Prix Legends" was announced it was time for me to buy my first PC just to race this marvelous piece of simulation which I was awaiting for my whole life so far! And: it was stunning, thrilling and addictive! Just like I had imagined it!

So far so good... after that I tried a lot of games/sims, upgraded my equipment slightly whenever my budget was allowing it (I am not the whealthiest person... but who is?).

The last years I spent a lot time trying to improve my (sim-racing)skills by competing in one of europes biggest GTL-Communities called "Altbierbude".
This went rather well for several years, but due to some changes in the admin-structure a more and more significant lack of seriousness was becomming awkward and annoying more and more. They just didn´t take their self-choosen Job very serious... and that leads to the situation, when a lot of very good drivers left this platform. Some went to I-Racing, others to similar popular Sims. But I still want to compete in GTL or PNG, because I really love these cars.

So, lot´s of intorduction, I know... not neccessary. But IF you want to know what OR WHO I am and how I am bound to racing, here is a quick excample of what I produced for german TV some years ago: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67aZOjnmwGQ

Anyway: I would really like to compete with you on the track, because I think you all are like myself very addicted to racing and take sim-racing serious.

Wink

Nobby
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2018, 12:29:05 AM +0000 »

Hi Nobby

What a wonderful introduction Sir  thumbup1

You join us at a perfect time as we are about to embark on our Season 19 at UKGTL. Here are the details of our first "normal" race https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=15251.msg278218#msg278218

But before then we have our ***Christmas Special*** event which this year is this https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=15121.msg275927#msg275927. Not to late to grab a car if your up for some serious endurance racing?

Anyway, whatever you decide to do, we look forward to seeing you on the starting grid, sometime soon.

Any help required, either post in the race forum or contact me by pm directly.

Cheers

WT

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2018, 06:02:55 AM +0000 »

Hi Nobby,

welcome!

Great vid. Visited VLN during the 80's of last century and restarted watching nearly all races in 2005 until around 2014 or so.
Then lost interest - too professional. Now only watching oldtimer events. In the meantime I prefer going to Spa in place of the Nordschleife.

Merry Xmas.

Hope to see you on track.

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2018, 09:30:04 AM +0000 »

Yeh, welcome Nobby, look forward to having you with us in GTL.  thumbup1
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2018, 11:52:50 AM +0000 »

Welcome Nobby  Grin Grin

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2018, 12:14:45 PM +0000 »

Guy's, perhaps by accident, but you missed a chance to say Hi to Strugglecuddle7 too. His is the first post.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2018, 12:16:08 PM +0000 »

Still two drives left in our Christmas Special https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=15121.msg275927#msg275927

Just saying  Wink

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2018, 12:52:37 PM +0000 »

Guy's, perhaps by accident, but you missed a chance to say Hi to Strugglecuddle7 too. His is the first post.

Whoops, yes welcome James, hope you will join us too in 2019.  thumbup1
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2018, 02:24:42 PM +0000 »

Yes indeed!! missed that post  Undecided

Apologies for the omission James. Welcome to the mayhem that is UKGTL.  Roll Eyes

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Bob M.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2018, 03:10:36 PM +0000 »

Hope both of you will join us for the Xmass race and next season.  We have a great group of guys here, with talent levels from the best aliens to just regular earthlings like myself. 
I started racing here after Gamers Cribb died several years ago and found a new home.  Join a team if you wish or start a new one or just go it alone, you will not regret racing with us.  I raced a few races at "Bude" but just didn't feel right to me, as I said SROUK is home to me.   "GTL Forever"

The OldGeezer
Bob M.
Norbert Calenborn

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2018, 09:52:42 AM +0000 »

Hello dear fellows,

I just came back from the typical family-Xmas-visiting-Tour last night and now I am at work. But that's only for explaination why I didn't answer the last few days.

I'd love to take part in your Christmas-Specialevent at Goodwood, for sure!

As soon as I am back home tonight I'll read what's neccessary for my participation, set up my system/sim and hopefully there will be some time left for first laps of Training and setup-adjustments  Wink

EDIT: sadly I just noticed that I missed to assign early enough to take part. Sad,  I hope next time I'll be able to catch a slot earlier
« Last Edit: December 27, 2018, 10:39:38 AM +0000 by Norbert Calenborn » Logged
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2018, 11:23:30 AM +0000 »

Hello dear fellows,

I just came back from the typical family-Xmas-visiting-Tour last night and now I am at work. But that's only for explaination why I didn't answer the last few days.

I'd love to take part in your Christmas-Specialevent at Goodwood, for sure!

As soon as I am back home tonight I'll read what's neccessary for my participation, set up my system/sim and hopefully there will be some time left for first laps of Training and setup-adjustments  Wink

EDIT: sadly I just noticed that I missed to assign early enough to take part. Sad,  I hope next time I'll be able to catch a slot earlier
Norbert, for late arriving German drivers there is an exception clause (you didn't read the small print).
If you want in, your in. Just pm me a number between 1-99 and I will tell you if you have won a Ferrari or an Aston Martin.

Norbert Calenborn

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2018, 06:19:49 PM +0000 »

Hi everyone,

due to the fact that I couldn´t find a specific thread to the Xmas-Special at Goodwood I´ll post right here.

Sadly I didn´t find enough time sooner to install everything properly, but currently I´m trying my best to have everything sorted out just in time for the practise-session in... well, just 80 Minutes (if I am not totally wrong).

Please don´t expect to much from me, due to several circumstances: 1) the track is totally new to me, 2) I´ve never driven the car so far (not even the class!), 3) It´ll be quite unusual to me to drive such a "long" time with a "heavy" car, because I´m used to 2x- or even 3xfuel-consumption while tire-wear was set to 1x, and last but not least: 4) I´ve got NO CLUE which one of you is an "Alien" and who is a good driver or average in his skills.

So, I´ll try to do my best to get my system set up correctly and IF it all works fine, then I´ll try to not stand anybody in his way or disturb anybody on the track. My goal is just to finish the race without (hopefully) no damage, neither on my own, other oppenents cars or the Track. ;-)

Last question: Is there any Teamspeak-Channel which I should join for the race? And if yes: would somebody be so nice to tell me the adress? ;-)
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com