by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 05:14:39 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: WIP Video: 1970 Nürburgring Gesamtstrecke.  (Read 227 times)
Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« on: April 03, 2021, 10:14:30 AM +0100 »

As some of you have already noticed from NoGrip Legacy HTC schedule, we will be racing over 4 hours in 28 km layout of Nurburgring. As this layout does not exist for GT Legends and Derdumeklemmer was too busy, I decided to return to editing which I did before my GTL days: Track Editing. According to my lovely wife, I have now put about 28 hours to this track after basic conversion from GTR2 version and There's still  (fps as well as some graphics) problems to tackle, but considering I am running it in extreme settings (2560x1440, AA at level 4 and everyting totally maxed out) with my system (i7-6700K and GTX 1070) the result is pretty ok. Smiley

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r6ZCBMOFjQ

And here's the link to sister thread in altbierbude's english boards:
http://www.altbierbude.de/component/option,com_fireboard/Itemid,99/func,view/catid,11/id,111952/lang,en/#111952

The biggest challenge is reach the original authors of the original rFactor track: Nick303 (Sudschleife) and Motorfx (Nordschleife), then merged and improved by Kackbratze. Does anyone have the contact information for these guys? if you have, could you tell them about this project, ask them to watch the video and ask if they would grant permission to me about releasing this track, please?  If I can't reach the original authors, then this will be used only for the  NoGrip Legacy HTC. If original authors are reached, but they deny releasing this, then it will stay only on my own HDD.

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 12:05:29 PM +0100 »

I've sent a pm to Motorfx over at Evolution but he has not been active for some years so a reply is doubtful.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Nappe1
Ex-NoGrip Coordinator
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Protobuilders' Garage

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 12:47:41 PM +0100 »

I've sent a pm to Motorfx over at Evolution but he has not been active for some years so a reply is doubtful.
Thanks for trying Tony.
If any of the original authors cannot be reached, then I consult other track makers what they think about releasing this one.

However working with this is extremely addictive, so I will continue working with it without thinking the eventual fate too much. Smiley

GTL Modding: The real never ending story.
Member of - Protobuilders' Garage - Brickyard Legends Team - RP Design
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com