by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 03, 2024, 05:51:51 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • UKGTL S0-A R2: January 16, 2006
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL - Season 0-A (TC65) - Round 2, Anderstorp South - Jan 16  (Read 14140 times)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: January 16, 2006, 10:34:22 PM +0000 »

Another hectic fiercely competitive race !...if these first two are anything to go by it will be one hell of a championship season. Cool  I tested several cars earlier as i wanted to help with the varied field but i just dont like any of the other TC65 cars other than the abarth but found that too slow. I like the mustang but its too much hard work, so stuck with the sweet sounding Alfa.

Qualied 8th, pipping Pops in the dying minutes of qualy to get a PB of 59:385. Then had a disastrous start as i sat there looking at all the other cars and for some reason thinking i was in a rolling start ala GTR  Roll Eyes...lost about 4-5 places on the grid whilst daydreaming. Then caught the back end of the big pile up at the end of the runway, with a mini going across my bows and missed the braking point. Dropped to very last i think, then had to fight my way past everyone until i got to 8th at one point, but Pops had sweet revenge later, for qualy, after we fought for several laps and he nipped past me under braking on last corner of lap, that horrible hairpin onto pit straight. Great stuff, think i finished 10th ? behind the no-doubt very smug Pops  Grin

another great race and i dont even like Anderstorp. Cool

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: January 16, 2006, 10:34:58 PM +0000 »

Sorry rip, felt more donought than pasty  Embarrassed. In mitigation, its is very difficult racing other cars in the mini but I am getting better.

Apart from that feck up, enjoyed the race immensely and hope the league racing will have the same variation in the grid. Gerald taking to the air and landing on top of me in quali had me in tears  Grin. Gonna have to try Abarth (class 2???) in next race.

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: January 16, 2006, 10:37:21 PM +0000 »

no Thank you is allowed or sorry when something happens, only pit in/pit out?

From the rules:
Drivers are strongly discouraged from using in-game chat to apologise after an incident.

There's no point in compounding a mistake which affects one other driver's race with a distracting chat message which affects everyone. Apologies are best kept for after the race.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2006, 10:39:29 PM +0000 »

TC-Class A : Alfa GTA & Lotus Cortina
TC-Class B : Mini & Abarth
TC-Class c : Falcon, Mustang and Jag

One of the things I'm investigating is how the cars are split into sub-classes in the real FIA Historic championships. Wink

Minton
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2006, 10:43:28 PM +0000 »

One of the things I'm investigating is how the cars are split into sub-classes in the real FIA Historic championships. Wink

I thought you were probably already looking into it , hope it can be done.

Cheers
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2006, 10:48:38 PM +0000 »

Some how managed to get down to 1:00.693 (A GTL Abarth World Record BTW) in qualifying, putting me 18th on the grid.
Yay! I'm 6th fastest ON THE ENTIRE PLANET!!!

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2006, 10:50:06 PM +0000 »

What about 2 divisions as well, this may allow for more people to play and compete. I know it would be a lot more work but its a battle to get on the server at the mo 'cos everyone wants to race!

Sorry rip, felt more donought than pasty  Embarrassed. In mitigation, its is very difficult racing other cars in the mini but I am getting better.

No prob, I nearly caught u by the end, just another couple of laps  Grin
Still, I got the red mist from it so you did something for me!
I even broke the minute a few times, well chuffed!
I've got the hang of 'autoclutch off' too, sooo much fun! 21st worldwide in Anderstorp south in the Cortina!  wooohooooo  Grin
« Last Edit: January 16, 2006, 10:57:01 PM +0000 by Madd-RIP » Logged

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2006, 10:56:32 PM +0000 »

What about 2 divisions as well, this may allow for more people to play and compete. I know it would be a lot more work but its a battle to get on the server at the mo 'cos everyone wants to race!

Chances are we'll need to run the '76 cars in a different series from the '65 ones anyway, so that's two series anyway. Possibly we'll consider running the two '65 classes in a single Endurance type championship and then one sprint championship each for GTC-65 and TC-65; it depends on demand, available server time, and our abililty to recruit enough moderators to run all the possible divisions.

[ZiP]Tyf
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2006, 10:57:22 PM +0000 »

Some how managed to get down to 1:00.693 (A GTL Abarth World Record BTW) in qualifying, putting me 18th on the grid.
Yay! I'm 6th fastest ON THE ENTIRE PLANET!!!

LOL! I was that on GTR a couple of times...

Happened when we added a new track to GTRank, hehe. And I was quickest of all the admins of the site, haha! Should still be in the top 10 for a couple btw Wink (/me puts chest forwards, loool! Wink)

T
Don
Blue and Orange Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 17, 2006, 05:37:52 AM +0000 »

Fairly uneventful race for me. I was lucky to be able to avoid any of the big pile ups.
The Alfa was easy and a pleasure to drive again even though I had huge problems finding the braking zone at the end of the long straight.
Happy to have ended up 8th and been able to keep it neat and tidy all race.

Forgot to say I thought the distance was just about right for a short track.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2006, 06:07:06 AM +0000 by Don » Logged
Jamera

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 17, 2006, 06:27:03 AM +0000 »

Tried to make it for this one, but got there just too late as I saw the last place disappear on the server. Went and attempted some praccy for the Spa water-fest tonight, should prove interesting as it felt VERY, VERY strange after not driving GTR for a couple of weeks and so much GTL & rFactor Smiley
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: January 17, 2006, 08:55:55 AM +0000 »

Yes there are some possibilities there with splitting up the sub-classes.

Just as an example though nobody in their right mind would take the Abarth or Jag in either of B or C and you'd end up with just Minis in B. Having said that I would be VERY suprised if anyone took an Abarth or Jag in Season 1 anyway, they are simply too crap. Only if there were penalties for the other cars (or advantage for those) would I think people would take them.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 17, 2006, 10:06:01 AM +0000 »

I think the variation in car choice will come more with the GT65 and 76 cars personally. Theres a good spread of varying machinery to choose from in those two classes and everyone is going to have their own peculiar or nostalgic fave.

Its a bit of a shame that only the cortina and alfa are really on the same par in the TC class as it robs us of the fun of seeing/hearing the different cars on track...unless some of the alien drivers could be tempted into running them to even the racing out a little?..after all, the front few are averageing 2 secs a lap faster than the rest of us mortals  Undecided

Mind you Pops and a couple of others were very competitive in the mini last night so at least thats a third car type into the bun-fight  Cool

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 17, 2006, 10:18:43 AM +0000 »

Its a bit of a shame that only the cortina and alfa are really on the same par in the TC class as it robs us of the fun of seeing/hearing the different cars on track...

That's what's happening in NGT in GTR as well, vast majority in either a GT3 or 360 and I don't think that's taken away from the racing at all.

After seeing how the Mini has fared in the last two races, as it stands I'd be happy to take it for a TC65 championship.

Legends Racing simracing team
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #59 on: January 17, 2006, 10:21:43 AM +0000 »

For sure, there are more evenly matched cars in GT65 but, in my experience, I am pretty sure Capris would dominate the 76's.

The grid variety, for all the classes, is really going to depend on how much people want to win. If thats going to be the only motivation its going to make for some dull grids. I would like rules implemented that would prevent singular make grids and don't personally care if that (unlikely I know      Wink ) lands me with a camel on the grid as I don't have that winning is all mentality, for sim racing anyways.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com