The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 03, 2024, 06:19:12 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Having fun  (Read 2659 times)
BMMRZ3Roadster

View Profile
« on: May 18, 2005, 05:38:31 PM +0100 »

Just wanted you all to know how much fun I am having. In the very short time I have raced with you all, it's a frustrating blast.  Grin I mean that positively. With the G3's and the NGT's i kept locking the brakes into the turn causing much havok. I use a momo wheel and did all the mods, same thingy. Seeing an earlier post about backing off the sensistivity did the trick. I can brake much later now going into the turn decreasing my lap times. I am a happy camper. I have allot more practice to do and learning the logistics of online racing. I may need some help from you all like voting online, etc.

My wife and I just moved to Cleveland Ohio. She is a Presbyterain Minister. Myself, I am soon to leave Delta Airlines in Atlanata to work for a company called Infinity Systems as a network engineer. This will put me home on evenings and weekends thank GOD! I have been working a weekend graveyard shift and that will soon be over. This should give me more time to race with you all, Well, at least I hope.

I have not figured out how to see other users pings. I am concerned being in the states that I may cause you all issues while racing online. I do not think I am, but I want to verify. The pings from the UK server are low for me compared to many of the other servers I see. Let me know if I have caused issues for you all. If so, I can find another group, but I truly want to stay here if I can.

Look forward to racing with you all. Cheers!

If your going to go, you might as well go very fast!!!
Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2005, 05:56:58 PM +0100 »

To see the pings to other players:

While on the track, press tab.
A label will appear above each car giving the driver name, position and ping.

"Life is not fair.  Get used to it."  Charles J. Sykes

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2005, 06:01:43 PM +0100 »

Must say, I was thinking last time we raced that, if I didn't know you were the other side of the pond then I wouldn't know. If you get what I mean Wink

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
BMMRZ3Roadster

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2005, 06:19:19 PM +0100 »

Copy that Paul

Thanks

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2005, 03:32:45 PM +0100 »

To see the pings to other players:

While on the track, press tab.
A label will appear above each car giving the driver name, position and ping.

How can I see my own ping?
Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2005, 06:20:36 PM +0100 »

Apart from the computers of the other players, the only other computer with which yours is communicating is that of the server and you can see the ping to that when you are in the lobby.

"Life is not fair.  Get used to it."  Charles J. Sykes

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2005, 11:26:51 AM +0100 »

Ah, so desu! Ok, thanks!
Glen VW

Whens The Next Race?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2005, 03:45:01 AM +0100 »

Hi BMMRZ3Roadster,
nice to see a fellow member from the united states, I think we may be the only ones, lol. I agree with you, I too have had a lot of fun racing with ukgtr and have meet some very friendly racers and look forward to many races here.  Grin

"Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built" – Henry Ford
BMMRZ3Roadster

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2005, 08:18:37 PM +0100 »

Yeah,

I been with allot of online players playing Forgotten Battles and COD, these guys are pretty cool.  Cool

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com