The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 03, 2024, 07:42:50 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Real Men  (Read 6165 times)
Doug Greer

View Profile
« on: August 03, 2005, 01:42:46 AM +0100 »

Real Men drive NGT  Cool
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2005, 01:52:52 AM +0100 »

I don't know about that, I'm a fellow NGT'er, and I have to say something like a Viper, F575, F550 are more challenging. The Lambo is easily equally as challenging to a 360 though (infact its really just a big 360 IMHO). Certainly there are some GT cars which I find are just too easy to be quick in however.

I absolutely adore the Viper, shame its slow.

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2005, 06:54:51 AM +0100 »

Real Men drive NGT  Cool

I thought about driving NGT in endurance as I am NGT full time in sprint races and I love to drive F360. The only reason I decided to drive Saleen was that there is too much things to think about if you drive NGT in a race with GT cars. You have to look back all the time and get out of the way. This is not compatibile with my character (  Roll Eyes ) as when I race I drive to be as close to the top as I can make it. So, though I might win in NGT class I wouldn't be as pleased, 'cause so many others would be faster in GT. So, GT there is. AND: I admire you guys who drive NGT endurance - it must be hard.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2005, 10:33:28 AM +0100 »

Real Men drive NGT  Cool

Real mean drive an NGT whilst having their feet on the dashboard, driving one fingered, smoking a fat cuban cigar and being fanned by the most beautiful women in the world, having time to stop to give the press interviews in the middle of a race and still win by a lap or two.  Tongue Undecided

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2005, 10:43:22 AM +0100 »

Real Men drive NGT  Cool

Real mean drive an NGT whilst having their feet on the dashboard, driving one fingered, smoking a fat cuban cigar and being fanned by the most beautiful women in the world, having time to stop to give the press interviews in the middle of a race and still win by a lap or two.  Tongue Undecided

And real, MANLY men do it in something other than a Ferrari 360!

Legends Racing simracing team
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2005, 10:58:07 AM +0100 »

Excluding the Lotus "hairdressers" Elise car of course. Something like a Morgan maybe.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2005, 11:11:31 AM +0100 »

Lol, Morgan, Cigar, Laydee, glass of champers- sod the weight penalty you'll be looking totally dashing. Smiley

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2005, 11:22:24 AM +0100 »

Lol, Morgan, Cigar, Laydee, glass of champers- sod the weight penalty you'll be looking totally dashing. Smiley

I say! Someone mention my name?

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2005, 11:28:37 AM +0100 »

Real Men drive NGT  Cool

Oh, right, so now instead of "Real men drive NGT" we have "Real men drive the car I picked"... Hmmmm thats a surprise.

I don't understand the stigma that comes with the 360, The Porsche is far easier to get off the accelerate out of corners (meaning that you don't have to maximise your corner speed as much and thus don't have to carry as much apex speed), the only downside is that going over the limit gets that rear end going.

So really, the Porsche favours the conservative, whereas the 360 favours a more classical style of driving. With the 360 you can do propper slides, which IMHO looks more manly, and if done right can gain you a good bit of time.

Fozzmeister

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2005, 11:28:47 AM +0100 »

ding dong!  Grin

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2005, 11:33:22 AM +0100 »

Wrong side of the bed this morning Fozz? Wink

We're just messing about, no offence intended. I find the 360 much more stable in corners and much more stable exiting them but you find the opposite. The Porsche is harder to catch in a slide for sure so not a safe and/or conservative choice for a race.
I wonder what happened in the real 2003 N-GT season- how did the cars do there?

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2005, 11:38:09 AM +0100 »

Real Men drive NGT  Cool

Oh, right, so now instead of "Real men drive NGT" we have "Real men drive the car I picked"... Hmmmm thats a surprise.

I don't understand the stigma that comes with the 360, The Porsche is far easier to get off the accelerate out of corners (meaning that you don't have to maximise your corner speed as much and thus don't have to carry as much apex speed), the only downside is that going over the limit gets that rear end going.

So really, the Porsche favours the conservative, whereas the 360 favours a more classical style of driving. With the 360 you can do propper slides, which IMHO looks more manly, and if done right can gain you a good bit of time.

Fozzmeister

Sorry if I offended your sensibilities Fozz but I was pretty sure that it was obvious that I was just poking a bit of fun!

It wasn't intended to be a serious critique of the merits of the F360 v's the 911!

No need to take every thread so seriously eh?  Cheesy

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2005, 11:51:00 AM +0100 »

Wrong side of the bed this morning Fozz? Wink

Nope, re-read, can't think what your refering too.

We're just messing about, no offence intended. I find the 360 much more stable in corners and much more stable exiting them but you find the opposite. The Porsche is harder to catch in a slide for sure so not a safe and/or conservative choice for a race.
I wonder what happened in the real 2003 N-GT season- how did the cars do there?

I thought it was close to a fact that the Porsche had higher rear end grip because of its engine location, therefore your apex speed isn't as important, as the most important thing about any corner is your speed down the next straight. On the flipside 360 is better promotes getting the power down earlier than maybe you should as the fear of a spin (at least for me) is slightly less, as I can mostly control what happens in the car.

IMHO the 360 fees athletic and responsive to your input where-ever you are in the corner, whereas the Porsche feels fast but glued to the road, ready to snap. This is why I feel the 360 is promotes a more "classical" style of driving.

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2005, 11:54:01 AM +0100 »

Sorry if I offended your sensibilities Fozz but I was pretty sure that it was obvious that I was just poking a bit of fun!

It wasn't intended to be a serious critique of the merits of the F360 v's the 911!

No need to take every thread so seriously eh?  Cheesy

I wasn't, just stating an opinion and backing that opinion up with facts (or my other opinions, Smiley ).

Probably should have been some smilies in there tho.

Fozzmeister

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2005, 12:01:58 PM +0100 »

Roll Eyes I refuse to argue with you because then I'd be giving you what you want Wink

Anyway, back on topic-

For the passenger seat, I bagsy Raquel Welch around the time of filming One Million Years BC

Rarrr  Cool

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com