Read this first!    

May 03, 2024, 02:40:38 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • U Road America: May 25, 2008
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTR Fun Race - Road America - May 25  (Read 10360 times)
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2008, 10:58:59 PM +0100 »

924? Wink

psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2008, 11:15:14 PM +0100 »

hmmmm Dodge Viper and Gillet Vertigo. My two favorite cars in the same class...which to choose?  Undecided

I think we should get the welding gear out and make a 'Dodgelet-Vipergo' , just for me  Smiley

Had some laps in the ViperCC.  HOW Huh in the world can this terrible warthog be a favorite car to anybody (ok, Team Big and Small Teeth out, they don't qualify as normal. Ok, maybe JonM who was a ZIPper before that  Tongue ). Ten points down, Psuedo!  Hit with a wet fish

TT

With the GT3 options available last season (Viper cc or (spit) pork cup) I find it difficult to understand why anybody would choose the VW. Except for the fact it is so easy to drive I bet even Coultard could get within a second of the pack in it. At least the Vcc is a REAL car...not something adapted from what Noddy drives like the (spit spit) vw beatle-u-like

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2008, 11:29:05 PM +0100 »

You're all wrong, because all these cars suck.

Viper CC is not a racing car, it's a brick with a big engine.
Porsche Cup is boring to drive, so much understeer for what is supposed to be a for the road racer, lacks any feeling of power and is downright awful on the brakes.
BMW Z3M not enough grunt and very hard to get the best out of.
Nissan 350Z handles much worse in the game than in real life, understeer hell and feels bloated.
Gillet Vertigo runs on a lawnmower engine and requires driving at 150% to get anything decent out of it, anything under that and it's actually quite dull to drive because it's slow unless you're ragging it to within an inch of it's life.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
psuedo
Pink Leader
Former Moderators

Team Pseudo Racing

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2008, 11:32:36 PM +0100 »

and your point is ? Huh   angel laugh
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 05:32:14 AM +0100 by psuedo » Logged

"I spend 95% of my money on women and booze. --The rest I just wasted." (Georgie Best)
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2008, 05:19:22 AM +0100 »

He's just a grumpy old fart.  Grin  At least lately.  Wink
He needs a new game.  yawn

TT
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: May 22, 2008, 07:25:39 AM +0100 »

I don't get it either, but it does have a following. I really don't understand Dave when he says 'I refuse to drive the 811' - why? What is it you don't like about it (and all 911s)? I realise it takes a bit of getting used to, but it isn't that bad. It has far more character than either the Viper or the Nissan, both of which feel rather numb to drive.

I just don't "grok" any of the 911s - they all seem to have the worst possible basic characteristics, understeer under power and oversteer under braking, totally the opposite of what I want to inspire confidence.

The 350Z is a bit numb in game but a lot of that is down to the awful default setup. The VCC needs to be driven quite agressively under power to enjoy it, but it's remarkably 'soft' compared to the lighter cars which IMHO gives it good feel.

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 22, 2008, 09:48:03 AM +0100 »

I just don't "grok" any of the 911s - they all seem to have the worst possible basic characteristics, understeer under power and oversteer under braking, totally the opposite of what I want to inspire confidence.

Understeer under power is something you can tune out in the setup. The cup car isn't a lairy power oversteer monster, but it can certainly be setup to change it's line under power. The brakes are not the easiest but a bit of power while braking helps.

The up-side to this is that the car gives you far more options at turn-in and mid corner as the weight at the back makes the car very adjustable. It moves just enough to tell you what the car is doing without really upsetting the car and slowing you down, and this communication feels very much like a real car does on the limit.

When you drive the Viper though you get none of these signals, and it feels like driving with moon boots and  oven gloves on. It isn't really much of an oversteerer either, needing a big setup change to stop it understeering everywhere (much more than the change needed on the cup car).
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: May 22, 2008, 10:43:42 AM +0100 »

He's just a grumpy old fart.  Grin  At least lately.  Wink
He needs a new game.  yawn

True Tongue, but I'm right, they all suck. Grin Kiss

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Joss

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2008, 11:11:16 AM +0100 »

The Z3 is the best car in these choices....or the Vertigo Grin

Hate Porkers on the brakes. They can't be that bad in real life can they?
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2008, 11:28:26 AM +0100 »

i see all the usual Porsche bashers are out in force again  Roll Eyes sleep1

Yes they are so rubbish thats why they are one of the most popular single make Racing series across europe with Carrera cup races and Porsche supercup supporting the F1 championship at all european rounds.  Kiss

Cant make this race as away on hols  Cool .. celebrating our well fought for championship win in GTC and close run 2nd spot in Enduro  Wink
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 11:39:38 AM +0100 by Mark Jonzo » Logged

Adam Parle
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2008, 11:30:13 AM +0100 »

Yes they are so rubbish thats why they are one of the most popular single make Racing series across europe with Carrera cup races and Porsche supercup supporting the F1 championship at all european rounds.  Kiss

So - to translate for you non-Porsche-lovers ....

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, Porches are the best blah blah blah blah blah.

Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 22, 2008, 11:41:12 AM +0100 »

did you speak Volvo driver?  Roll Eyes  you should be well suited in the rolling brick of a viper with its similar handling characteristics laugh

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 22, 2008, 11:52:01 AM +0100 »

I love the old "because a lot of people like it means it's good" argument. A lot of people voted George Bush or support Chelsea FC. Roll Eyes

I just found this picture of Jonzo...

And ooh look it has incorporates the new "turn key" mechanism on the left.  Winkangel

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Adam Parle
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2008, 11:53:29 AM +0100 »

did you speak Volvo driver?  Roll Eyes  you should be well suited in the rolling brick of a viper with its similar handling characteristics laugh

I don't have a Volvo MJ Roll Eyes  Maybe too many years salivating over those jumped up Beetles has got you imagining things Grin Grin Grin
Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 22, 2008, 12:16:03 PM +0100 »

only cos you sold it  Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com