The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

March 29, 2024, 02:07:09 PM +0000 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • A Spa: October 24, 2021
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: UKAC - Spa - Oct 24  (Read 623 times)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: October 18, 2021, 09:51:50 PM +0100 »

Practise: 19:45 (45 mins)
Qual: 20:30 (15 mins)
Race: 20:45   (40 minutes)

Cars allowed:

2014 Coyote Corvette Daytona Prototype
2014 Dallara Corvette Daytona Prototype

from the car pack below
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/ier-car-pack-1-uscc-mod.7348/

Track:Spa
Lap times:

stracker.simracing.org.uk:50041/lapstat?

Time of Day Setting: 14:00
Weather: Clear
Start: Rolling
Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: normal
Pit-stops: compulsory pitstop for either fuel, tyres or both none required
Server track settings:
SESSION_START=100
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=0
SESSION_TRANSFER=N/a

Damage: 70%

PLP App - Not used in this series. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.

Notes:
(1)PLP App - Not used in this event. Cutting will be monitored on replay and penalties issued for excessive cutting.
(2)Please make sure you are fully aware of the SimRacing.org.uk Rules especially the
rules about in-game chat messages.
(3) Please exercise caution when pitting as some tracks have a speed limit.
(4) Please follow the SROUK guidelines for using kerbs etc. Please keep 2 wheels on the track surface (kerbs do not count as track surface)
Excessive cutting of corners will seen as cheating and the results may be altered to reflect this.

(5) Start procedure
*It will be the pole sitter's responsibility to complete the first lap at a pace that allows the rest of the grid to follow comfortably
*There should be no overtaking or hard accelerating/braking
*Drivers should avoid getting too far behind or too close to the driver in front
*Approximately 20 seconds before crossing the start line the pole sitter should slow down to a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*Each following driver shall close up directly behind the driver in front also maintaining a speed of no more than 50mph (80km/h)
*The pole sitter should maintain that speed until they cross the start line and then accelerate away to start the race (lap2)
*Each following driver should only accelerate when the driver directly ahead does (they do not have to wait until crossing the start line)
*No overtaking is allowed before crossing the start line at the completion of the formation lap

[/quote]
« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 10:05:13 PM +0100 by SRW » Logged
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2021, 09:55:51 PM +0100 »

This weeks test race is for the Daytona prototypes. I will then do a poll to see if people prefer these or the ORECA.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2021, 01:40:08 PM +0100 »

DPs go very well here and just need to run a few laps to check the best aero and gearing setup.

Not sure why we have to have a pitstop in a 40 minute race  Undecided It's an endurance car that will do 40+ minute stints without changing tyres or refueling.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2021, 02:56:15 PM +0100 »

I agree totally with GT, is stupid to make pitstop short stint like this, also rolling start is idiotic 'cause game don't support it, just put tire warmers and we good to go.
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2021, 03:11:16 PM +0100 »

I prefer manual rolling starts as in real life even if that means losing a lap of racing.

With these cars even with tyre warmers, I'm just as likely to go sideways off the grid as I am to go straight ahead. I don't want to ruin my race or anyone elses before we reach T1.

In AC tyre warmers are no great help because usually I find the tyre pressures are far too high at the start and take at least half a lap to get down to the correct pressures....totally unrealistic and just as bad to drive with as cold tyres in my opinion. In AC tyre pressures are far more important than temperatures.

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2021, 10:08:48 PM +0100 »

DPs go very well here and just need to run a few laps to check the best aero and gearing setup.

Not sure why we have to have a pitstop in a 40 minute race  Undecided It's an endurance car that will do 40+ minute stints without changing tyres or refueling.

I put the pitstop requirement in because i didnt have time to do a test stint to check out the tyre wear. I have now removed the compulsory stop
MaxVeloce
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2021, 04:22:53 PM +0100 »

Sorry gonna have to miss this, will be watching US GP

I guess I will have to try those cars offline though, because I am interested to maybe race them  Smiley
KDiesel

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2021, 06:08:21 PM +0100 »

I guess I will have to try those cars offline though, because I am interested to maybe race them  Smiley

Can we race after GP because in that case many of us are watching F1?
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2021, 11:58:39 PM +0100 »

Can we race after GP because in that case many of us are watching F1?

I dont have a problem with altering the time slot as a once off, i will put a poll up to see what the majority want and go with that.
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2021, 12:08:35 AM +0100 »

Poll is live (you have until end of Saturday to vote)
SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2021, 12:16:25 AM +0100 »

The poll has finished. The majority has voted for the normal start time, so we will go with this
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2021, 08:08:55 PM +0100 »

Can't see the server?

Got it now  Smiley

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2021, 04:50:29 PM +0100 »

Low turnout so whether that's due to F1/real life or lack of interest I'm not sure. Cars are fun to drive but will bite if you push them too hard especially in entry to slow corners. Built for US series which have mostly big open tracks to race on with little in the way of chicanes put in by the fun police.

Tyres and fuel were good for 40mins although tyres were beginning to get tricky losing around a second a lap towards the end of the race.....TC helped out of slow corners as they lost grip.

A pity we can't have some GT3/GTE AI opponents mixed in to spice things up but unfortunately AC doesn't do that. Still, I like them  Smiley

SRW
Sunday Supremo
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2021, 11:48:31 PM +0100 »

For this Sundays race (31/10/21) I am planning a test race using a new track, still need to check the track works ok on the server, hoping to put a race post up tomorrow night.

FYI - The plan for the rest of the year is:

Test race using URD DTM mod
Test race using URD GTE mod

followed by

weekly mini series for Praga

Then next year we will start bi weekly series (starting with DP prototypes & TBC)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2021, 07:12:29 PM +0100 »

Good to see we'll be using the URD mods.

There are a few different cars available in DTM and GTE. The 2013 and 2015 DTM cars come bundled in one pack at 3 Euros (6 cars total) while the 2018 car pack is 5 Euros (3 cars total). The 2013/2015 cars are good but the 2018 cars are very good indeed. The older (2013ish) GTE pack drives well and costs only 3 Euros while the later GTE cars are 3 Euros each.

Just a thought though, if drivers are committing to buy a mod they'll want to be sure they'll be using it for a series and not just for a test race. If we're running the DP prototypes and just one other series, that presumably means we'll only be using one of the URD mods we'll be testing. I can foresee the test races being empty because drivers won't be sure which mod they'll be racing......if you get what I mean.

I have most of the URD mods and I'd be happy to race any of them, but it might be worth asking whether our drivers would prefer DTM or GTE and then committing to that.

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com