The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 08:27:52 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: GT Mod and BREASTS  (Read 5221 times)
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

I always play by the rules.... they are MY rules!

View Profile
« on: October 26, 2010, 08:37:52 AM +0100 »

It appears that the long awaited GT mod for GPL is about to be released.

Do we want to run some GT races ON Wednesday nights? perhaps instead of the 69's which have not been attracting as many drivers as we had hoped?? Or we could do alternate weeks of 69 and GT after a 65 race. Or change everything if the demand is great enough.

Once again I am thinking about "fun" races only at this stage, maybe around the same circuit as the 65 races run.

Post your comments here.

Evil Waza, now a completely reformed character!
          **NOW AVAILABLE ON TWITCH @    evilclive67
Rank   Only when I sweat
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 10:05:59 AM +0100 »

I don't mind, though I read the mod is very heavy graphically, so I hope my PC can manage.

EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 10:28:58 AM +0100 »

I am quite open to opinions for this.

The 65 races are sort of succesful, so i don't think we want to change that, but the 69's are not exactly full grids so maybe the new GT mod on a quiet Wednesday evening in winter will attract some more drivers??

Hopefully graphics will not be an issue, but have the mods managed to change the way that GPL runs??? I don't think they can have switched the graphics load to a graphics card and away from the CPU if they are still using the original Pappy code,...or can they???

Rank   Only when I sweat
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 12:38:06 PM +0100 »

GT's after sounds good. The mod has been tested on a range of systems so hopefully no one should have problems.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 07:17:54 PM +0100 »

It is the graphics card that calculates all the polygon meshes and textures, regardless of CPU. From what I hear the GT cars have a high number of polygons to make them look good, but I guess I'll wait and give it a try when it's out.

happyal

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 10:11:28 AM +0100 »

I haven't taken part in many Breasts races because I have enough problems learning the tracks that I'm racing on. If they were the same as Nov's I would be very happy.

I really like teh 69 mod, and would love to do 69 and sports car on different races.

GPL65Rank = coming soon.....
GPL65v2Rank = +187.164
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 11:14:12 AM +0100 »

Well, the current plan ( if it can be called a plan!!  Roll Eyes ) is to mirror the 65 season races , the problem being that the Ams and Novices are running different tracks, which is a dilemma.

As regards the GT mod, it looks like alternateweeks for  69/GT has one vote.

Rank   Only when I sweat
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2010, 04:54:35 PM +0100 »

Well, the current plan ( if it can be called a plan!!  Roll Eyes ) is to mirror the 65 season races , the problem being that the Ams and Novices are running different tracks, which is a dilemma.

As regards the GT mod, it looks like alternateweeks for  69/GT has one vote.

Well, Amateurs can't complain about learning tracks so much, they're much more experienced, so I say (again  Grin ), run Novices tracks.

Oh and I'm up for running GT instead of 69, but after watching that video of the mod, I'm not so convinced I like the handling...

maddog

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 01:22:33 PM +0000 »

Oh and I'm up for running GT instead of 69, but after watching that video of the mod, I'm not so convinced I like the handling...
None-the-less, I'd like to request Hristo be limited to the Fiat500. Tongue

NickyIckx

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2010, 06:54:32 PM +0000 »

Smiley Wink Cheesy
too me no question ; running GT mod via BREASTS must be an attraction and as well its in fact a good playing ground for an new mod .

Sad but still cant see any download for GT ..
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2010, 07:36:54 PM +0000 »

I cannot see any GT download either Nicky. It was promised for 1st November but.......... Undecided  I guess there is some problem they are sorting out.

Rank   Only when I sweat
vosblod
Former UKGPL Moderators

can divide by zero

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2010, 08:21:31 PM +0000 »

I cannot see any GT download either Nicky. It was promised for 1st November but.......... Undecided  I guess there is some problem they are sorting out.
Not 100% but within the next 7 days is looking likely. Don't think there was an actual launch date of 1 November ever announced (unless I missed it).
EvilClive
UKGPL Senior Consultant
UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2010, 08:28:07 AM +0000 »

I thought that John posted up somewhere that the launch was planned for 1st Nov.  Maybe I read that wrong? No worries we have waited about 3 years for this so another week makes no difference  Wink

Rank   Only when I sweat
john roberts
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2010, 10:44:07 PM +0000 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aERrAJrLt7A

Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2010, 07:09:13 AM +0000 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aERrAJrLt7A

Same thing really, the car moves sideways way too freely and easily. Even 66 mod cars (much lighter singleseaters) don't do it that much and there's some resistance when you turn in before they start drifting.

See this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPQUj171Opk&feature=related

Even though it's on probably on modern tires, I don't think the car would've been drifting as it does in the mod if it had 67 tires. It might be down to setup, but I think the tires or the car balance is not right in the mod. Just wait until an alien pushes it to the limit as it is and you'll see it's going to drift even more...

Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com