The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 03, 2024, 06:04:44 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 6th August 2014 - GT Race Weekend Blackwood  (Read 2800 times)
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« on: August 02, 2014, 09:57:07 AM +0100 »

Booking: From 19:00 (BST) (60 mins)
Practice: 20:00 (15 mins)
Qual : 20:15 (15 mins)
Race: 20:30 24 Laps (approx 30 mins)

Cars allowed: BMW Z4 GT3, McLaren MP4-12C GT3, Lotus Evora GTC, Lotus Evora GX, P4/5 Competizione.
Track: Blackwood (0.9.9) Available to download here (no registration required) http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/blackwood.2639/
Time of Day Setting: 13:00
Weather: Dry
Start: Standing

Tyre wear: Normal
Fuel consumption: Normal
Pit-stops: None required

Server track settings:
SESSION_START=92
SESSION_TRANSFER=90
RANDOMNESS=
LAP_GAIN=10

Server: simracing.org.uk
Password: Our usual practise password

All drivers must be booked in to race before booking closes at 20:00 UK time.

SROUK proudly presents a series of weekly fun races using a variety of track/car combos in Assetto Corsa early access. There will be no moderation of events or posting of results but drivers are of course encouraged to uphold our usual standards of excellent driving to ensure maximum enjoyment for all.

Have fun   Smiley

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2014, 12:25:14 PM +0100 »

Practice server now available, the use flow control setting has been turned off for now.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2014, 10:20:41 PM +0100 »

Got online with Erik tonight for my first laps here, was pleased to see I am on the same second in laptime as him for a change  Tongue. nice little track with elevation changes. Smiley

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 08:58:24 AM +0100 »

Didnt help i practiced in the wrong lotus evora, the GTE variant which is a bit slow. why is there so many different variants the GTC and GX are basically the same! Nice to drive though.

Never really played NFS so the track is new to me.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jester

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2014, 10:59:14 AM +0100 »

Didnt help i practiced in the wrong lotus evora, the GTE variant which is a bit slow. why is there so many different variants the GTC and GX are basically the same! Nice to drive though.

Well you made me curious about the GTC and GX  Grin They don't feel that different in driving, but I can't get them around in the same way. So I had to looked it up and this is what I found Wink
Evora GTC/GX
« Last Edit: August 06, 2014, 11:00:55 AM +0100 by Jester » Logged

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2014, 11:19:26 AM +0100 »

Well you made me curious about the GTC and GX  Grin They don't feel that different in driving, but I can't get them around in the same way. So I had to looked it up and this is what I found Wink
Evora GTC/GX

I wondered too so thanks for enlightening us Erik.

Not sure if I can make this one now  Sad  It's a fun track and should produce some good racing with the different strengths of the cars. Don't forget the feedback on the track; I noticed the ESRA league are running very different track settings to us in their fun series so that might be worth trying too.

Spanner, it's from LFS not NFS  Wink

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2014, 02:16:38 PM +0100 »

I meant LFS!

I tried the GX, i hadnt got round to the GTC.

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2014, 06:03:47 PM +0100 »

Sorry Guys, can't make it tonight, gotta go back into work.  Sad

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2014, 07:05:10 PM +0100 »

Server available for booking in

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2014, 09:21:56 PM +0100 »

Good fun tonight. With a good start and slipstream working, I had a good run GT. After being in front, it was hard work keeping an eye on Pete. He had good pace and all he needed was a mistake from me. It got a bit closer when Spanner span in front of me, but he pushed to hard and made a mistake himself. Thankfully I had Race Delta which works a bit in MP now, so I could keep good track on how far behind the other drivers were.

Don't mind doing same on another track next time around.

my apps and settings
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2014, 10:24:58 PM +0100 »

Was pleased to bag my first AC Pole position  Shocked  Smiley

Knew it wouldn't last as far as the first corner as I just can't get off the line as quick as some of you and sure enough was soon 3rd then a few laps later 4th once Pete nipped past. Then had a great race long chase battle with GT until the flag, crossing the line mere 100ths behind  to finish 3rd  Cool

We need more drivers though.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2014, 06:47:02 AM +0100 »

Silly me threw away 2nd trying to win a battle in my heart I knew was beyond me. The P4/5 Competizione either really suited this place or is quick in this bunch of cars. I did a few laps in the Z4 but that was trying to spit me off in 2 or 3 places where the P4/5 Competizione was planted, net result I was over a second quicker in the P4/5 Competizione in the limited practice I did before the race. To be fair both were with default setups so maybe a good setup benefits the Z4 more and closes that gap.

Tyre wise I didn't notice the track grip up in the race like last week. Perhaps as we had significantly less drivers it was more subtle. I did suffer from left front tyre wear which meant I was beginning to badly understeer which is why I didn't think I was ever going to beat Erik. It might also explain why I didn't feel the full grip as by the time we'd got there I had killed the tyre.

Is there anyway at the end of the race to see each drivers fastest lap time?

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2014, 02:29:37 PM +0100 »

Another full on race for me last night. It just seems harder to keep on it in AC than it does in GTL/PnG (maybe modern cars are more demanding) and I was worn out by the end of the race.

Managed to get the jump on MJ at the start but soon had Erik and Pete chasing me down and passing me quite early on. I hung onto their tails for a while but made a couple of little errors which dropped me back and then had MJ in my mirrors for the remainder of the race.

A couple of things I noticed: Can we set quali run over time so that there's enough time to complete a lap as it will just add an extra bit of spice. About the grip, I'm thinking 92% start is a bit low and that grip is gained too quickly. I noticed the track gripping up very early last night with the race having already started at 97% and that was with only 5 of us on track. I noticed ESRA are using the following setup so maybe worth trying next week?

START: 95%
GAIN: 25 (1% gain every 25 laps completed ie. 5 drivers x 5 laps each would result in a 1% gain)
TRANSFER: 30%

Lastly ABS and TC are RL options on the Lotus GTC and were available last night even though (I believe) we have driving aids turned off server side. It seems like the server can disallow artificial aids but cars with RL driving aids are still allowed to use them and are switchable in game, which seems fine by me but just wanted to make us all aware. I experimented with the Lotus GTC aids last night and they seemed to help.

There were a few regulars as well as new drivers missing last night for various reasons so I hope we get a few more returning next week. I'm going to start racing AC at Core Racing on Sundays with Erik so maybe we'll have some cross over in the coming weeks too.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2014, 02:59:41 PM +0100 »

A couple of things I noticed: Can we set quali run over time so that there's enough time to complete a lap as it will just add an extra bit of spice.
This is what I had for the qual config last night

Code:
[ QUALIFY ]
NAME=Qualify
TIME=15
WAIT_TIME=100

I don't know of another option to allow that what you're asking for. I also have no idea what wait_time does. In the race it's how long people have to get to the grid but seems to have no effect for practice or qualification. There is a RACE_OVER_TIME, which I now set to 300, which allows people to finish their lap and have a quick chat before the server moves on. Silly AC seems allow cars to keep going and get back their lapped laps (if you see what I mean) after the race has finished.

Lastly ABS and TC are RL options on the Lotus GTC and were available last night even though (I believe) we have driving aids turned off server side. It seems like the server can disallow artificial aids but cars with RL driving aids are still allowed to use them and are switchable in game, which seems fine by me but just wanted to make us all aware. I experimented with the Lotus GTC aids last night and they seemed to help.
I seemed to have ABS in the P4/5 last night and if you have to explicitly disallow it on the server this is not something I've enabled yet (due to lack of know how again Smiley)

I'm going to start racing AC at Core Racing on Sundays with Erik so maybe we'll have some cross over in the coming weeks too.
I guess if you're not racing GTR2 then fair enough but otherwise I'd hope people supported our local events first.

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2014, 03:34:34 PM +0100 »

A couple of things I noticed: Can we set quali run over time so that there's enough time to complete a lap as it will just add an extra bit of spice.
This is what I had for the qual config last night

Code:
[ QUALIFY ]
NAME=Qualify
TIME=15
WAIT_TIME=100

I don't know of another option to allow that what you're asking for. I also have no idea what wait_time does. In the race it's how long people have to get to the grid but seems to have no effect for practice or qualification. There is a RACE_OVER_TIME, which I now set to 300, which allows people to finish their lap and have a quick chat before the server moves on. Silly AC seems allow cars to keep going and get back their lapped laps (if you see what I mean) after the race has finished.

Don't think finishing a quali lap is in AC (yet) Same goes for practice.

I seemed to have ABS in the P4/5 last night and if you have to explicitly disallow it on the server this is not something I've enabled yet (due to lack of know how again Smiley)

Aids the cars have in RL work always even if driving aids are turned off. You can turn them on when you are in the car and change it during driving. It goes only up in numbers, so if you need more traction control you need to keep pushing CTRL+T until you get to the right number (you're on 7 and you need 5)
CTRL+A : ABS on/off
CTRL+T : traction control modes on/off (higher the number, the lesser the traction control)

I'm going to start racing AC at Core Racing on Sundays with Erik so maybe we'll have some cross over in the coming weeks too.
I guess if you're not racing GTR2 then fair enough but otherwise I'd hope people supported our local events first.

That's why I put in the request, that I'm not trying to steal away people from here  Wink
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 03:36:37 PM +0100 by Jester » Logged

my apps and settings
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com