The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 07:00:20 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Twin Server Testing: May 29, 2005
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Twin Server Testing  (Read 3056 times)
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2005, 10:02:45 PM +0100 »

I would like a little bit of help on Sunday evening  Wink

I want to try and get two copies of the dedicated server running on the same PC at the same time. Initially this will be on my ADSL line so ideally I would like another 3-5 people to help me out.

I will fire up 2 servers called UKGTR [Dual Test A] and UKGTR [Dual Test B] and would like to get a couple of people on each. Please don't expect a race, we will run a couple of minutes in each session to ensure the replay files are created etc. and there will be frequent server restarts. I will be trying to limit car choices so one may be GT and one NGT.

I guess the best way to coordinate the testing during the evening will be using MSN or perhaps TeamSpeak if everyone has the facility.

Please only reply if you are able to help out.

Thanks in advance
Mr Picnic Cheesy

David M

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 10:15:10 PM +0100 »

Yo, I have MSN and miiight be able to help, should be able to Smiley
Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2005, 11:36:04 PM +0100 »

I want to try and get two copies of the dedicated server running on the same PC at the same time. Initially this will be on my ADSL line so ideally I would like another 3-5 people to help me out.

I will fire up 2 servers called UKGTR [Dual Test A] and UKGTR [Dual Test B] and would like to get a couple of people on each. Please don't expect a race, we will run a couple of minutes in each session to ensure the replay files are created etc. and there will be frequent server restarts. I will be trying to limit car choices so one may be GT and one NGT.

I guess the best way to coordinate the testing during the evening will be using MSN or perhaps TeamSpeak if everyone has the facility.

Thanks in advance
Mr Picnic Cheesy

TeamSpeak server available here if needed.

"Life is not fair.  Get used to it."  Charles J. Sykes

Muorali
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2005, 11:47:22 PM +0100 »

Whats  teamspeak?
locutos ukgtr
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2005, 06:54:21 AM +0100 »

I can help ot picnic, and have TS already.

BiBo69

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2005, 08:52:43 AM +0100 »

I can be there on sunday evening, unless I decide to upgrade the system during the week end

Fabio Ghezzi on the servers.

You're Fast? Good. You're slow? Good. Just drive clean and enjoy!
Smoothy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2005, 12:44:03 PM +0100 »

Thanks in advance
Mr Picnic Cheesy

What time?

"Life is not fair.  Get used to it."  Charles J. Sykes

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2005, 01:28:05 PM +0100 »

What time?

How about 8pm ish. You might see the servers up during the day as I will probably try some stuff earlier.

Iain

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2005, 06:49:49 PM +0100 »

I have TS
& MSN, angryarmadillo18  (at) hotmail.com

GtrRank name = Iain
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2005, 07:21:34 PM +0100 »

I've done some playing around so I'm hopeful this will work without too many issues (fingers crossed)

As a result I'll create a room in the lobby, ukgtr, where we can meet. I can still talk to you via the server and in car chat. However the messages need to be kept short as the server truncates them. We will only use MSN etc. if we need to.

See some of you soon I hope Wink

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2005, 11:26:54 PM +0100 »

Thanks to those who turned up and gave of their time this evening. In the end it turned out quite well but for some reason I'm still not getting all the replays I would expect. I'll do some further testing locally for that.

I do believe though that this will work fine on the big server so we maybe able to run 2 24 car races at the same time.

PaulW

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2005, 11:51:16 PM +0100 »

Sorry I couldn't help out. My girlfriend would have (probably justifiably) had my nadgers if I'd spent another night on GTR.

Give a man a fish- he'll eat for a day. But give him a fishing rod and... he'll break it up for firewood, or just possibly, swap it for a fish.
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2005, 10:56:28 AM +0100 »

Cool.
Do you want to set up a twin server test on the big server for some time Picnic?
1 GT race and 1 NGT race say? Usual 30 min sprint race somewhere other than Spa and Enna. Smiley

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com