The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 05:41:10 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • Fun Race - Oscherleben: May 07, 2005
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: Fun Race - 8:30pm Saturday 7th May 2005 - Oscherleben  (Read 13936 times)
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« on: May 07, 2005, 12:39:03 AM +0100 »

Track: Oscherleben
Cars: Free car choice
Weather: Dry
Race Distance: 18% (32 mins)
Server Name: UKGTR (will be broadcast in the lobby)
Time: Qual2 - 8:30pm, Race - 9:00pm (approx)
Rules: General rules are the same as for any race, e.g no speeding in the pit lane, please familiarise yourself with the rules from the website if you haven't already. Start procedure will still standing start followed by 1 pace lap led at moderate pace by the pole sitter as per normal rules.
Sessions: Are set to non time scaled, so orderly voting is required to move between sessions.

** IMPORTANT NOTES: **
1) The server is up broadcast in the lobby all the time so feel free to join at any time. Please note as part of the testing, outside fun race hours we may need to restart the server to change configuration or update the game in some way. We will try to keep this to a minimum. The password and server name will not change throughout the 3 days unless stated otherwise.
2) This is a trial so if you experience anything wrong, e.g. high pings, can't connect, can't see game in lobby etc, please post in the forums. Try to refrain from using in game chat for reporting this as with large numbers of players this becomes difficult and we would like a record of the problems found. The server will be available for 3 days so don't dispair if you can't connect or join in tonight.
3) During the fun race times, please watch out for messages from one of the admin team. We may be providing instructions during the sessions.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2011, 09:21:24 AM +0100 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
Luis Branco

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2005, 02:23:39 AM +0100 »

Hi again Simon,  Cheesy

It's a pitty, but I can't join this one. And when Oschers is one of my favourite track Embarrassed

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2005, 09:24:01 AM +0100 »

Not expecting everyone to turn up to all of them, wanted to make enough variation available for everyone to have a go at some point.

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2005, 11:04:04 AM +0100 »

I'll miss Monza but I'll definately be at Oschers, I hope there are some NGTs there as I think I'll be in a Porsche RS tonight Smiley

Mark Harrison

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2005, 07:21:11 PM +0100 »

I'll be there too, probably in an NGT by way of a change Smiley
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2005, 10:19:12 PM +0100 »

Well Porsche NGT, I was very dubious at first, but what a great little car Grin It feels very odd at first but once it gets going you can drive it all day, fantastic Smiley

After a being shunted when everyone was still on cold tyres, traded places with Dave all race long Smiley I can't fail to remember that orange.

I later got wedged onto a gardrail and had to reverse slightly, as I rejoined I witnessed yellow Lister get it's entire front end removed Shocked, I hope it was'nt my fault at all Undecided

Bit choppy for me with so many cars, but otherwise fine.

Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2005, 10:23:24 PM +0100 »

Big sorry to Smudge, who was the unfortunate victim of either my stupidity or the games idiosyncrasies - I'll let you decide. The race was going really well, had the NGT class lead by a good margin, and should have been cruising to the finish a few minutes away. Instead I was still chasing the GT boys hard in case they messed up and glory beckoned - what happened next was anything but glorious!

I took a bit too much curb near the end of the lap and spun, and by the time I got going Mark Harrison in the next NGT was past - bugger! I chased pretty hard and it was nip and tuck for a couple of laps until my rear tyres finally got fed up, over-heated and I spun. I recovered but then went of a few corners later with a very odd feeling car, and as I got back on track and up to speed I saw a yellow car in my mirrors on the racing line. I moved over to let him by and he appeared to move over as well and swipe me off. From the replay this looks like warp as he was unaffected and seemed to jink right for just a moment, something no car can do. I was left upside down considering retirement, but I thought I'd finish so trundled back on track, only to find another yellow Lister (Smudge) coming right at me - AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH! For some reason the game had reset me facing the wrong way, something I had no idea could happen. I'll know better next time, but big apologies to Smudge who was rightly p****d off. Sorry m8.

Paul
Glen VW

Whens The Next Race?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2005, 10:23:33 PM +0100 »

I had a lot of fun out there today @ Oschersleben. There was 19 or 20 members out there. Finally, more than 7 racing at the same time together. The server seem to work fine for me, but I did see once or twice a car flicker at the 1st turn area.

It seemed like the leader may have driven a little fast on the pace lap, but then again I got in late and didn't qualify so I was at the back. I'm just glad I got in and got a chance to drive with everyone.

Thanks for the fun...........

Glen

"Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built" – Henry Ford
sooty1977

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2005, 10:25:08 PM +0100 »

My 1st taster with you guys just wanted to say good racing all and to say sorry for denying mike podium finsh at the end  Wink

Its the taking part that counts,but a podium finish wouldn't hurt once in a while !
Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2005, 10:28:38 PM +0100 »

Thx for the feedback. As pole sitter I sped away from the line for the first 3 corners to get some heat into things and then bunched it up a lot for the rest of the lap I thought. I'll review the replay, maybe we need to ask the pole sitter to drive much more sedately than we have been in the races this weekend.

Good to see so many out there, altough it was tough lapping the field to see through the voluminous plumes of smoke everybody was leaving behind from their lockups and spins. Some more practice in order  Tongue Grin Tongue

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2005, 10:30:39 PM +0100 »

Anyone got the replay? Smiley

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2005, 10:34:40 PM +0100 »

if you go the the UKGTR website the replays are now available on there (there's a link on the left)

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
Vekiq

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2005, 10:46:24 PM +0100 »

Hi all

Got in the race quite late, did not set qualy time, had no practice at all.
I was on a family outing today all day, had too much of old vino, they say for a reason dont drink and drive.
It ended with me knocking off my front end at 3 rd lap, but before that i nudged Adrian, my apologies to him
and i wil not complain on few points on my license, hope no ban will be issued Smiley lol
AdrianD

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2005, 10:57:36 PM +0100 »

What you Shocked , I thought it was some stranger Grin

I downloaded the replay and it goes bad about ten minutes in, still I do see my great 360 and instant recovery Smiley

Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2005, 11:01:55 PM +0100 »

if you go the the UKGTR website the replays are now available on there (there's a link on the left)

Unfortunately despite the game uploading not one but two copies of the same replay, both end afer 800 seconds. Angry GTR seems to have more bugs than an insect house. :'(

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com