The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 07:14:54 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
  Print  
Author Topic: NetKar Pro - opinions?  (Read 48600 times)
David M

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: April 10, 2006, 11:29:45 PM +0100 »

eeek, I guess I got the download right at the start then, or just good luck on my part
Jeffrey
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: April 11, 2006, 12:55:20 AM +0100 »

Just tried the demo version.

- No manual Huh
- Very very bad config screens (FF, controls etc.) beta1
- Awefull sound death
- Bad feeling of the car wheelchair
- Good graphics thumbup2
- Fun walking out of the car yes
- Dirty visor when in gravel Cool
Dunno what the full version unlocks, but this demo makes me more sick than excited.
ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: April 11, 2006, 01:36:53 AM +0100 »

Crikey, and I thought rfactor was rough around the edges. The actual driving seems good but that sound will put me off for a bit   Hit with a wet fish. Still, hope that it has potential and the full game may be a big improvement over demo. Be interested to find out.

Save yourself some teething aggravation, go here http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=250037.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2006, 08:43:57 AM +0100 by ginsters sponsored » Logged

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

Less yapping and more lapping!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 11, 2006, 08:42:13 AM +0100 »

I rather stupidly couldn't resist staying up to give it a crack, Oh how happy I was with that decision when the alarm went off at 05:45 this morning  sleep1

Bear in mind I really like single-seater's and enjoy the trainer single-seater in rFactor. I did about 20 laps of the Newbury and Aviano tracks last night. I have the full version so I have all the cars /tracks and the Motec thingy is fully working.

I didn't have any of the problems (crashing) that some of the guys over at RSC are reporting and I found it easy-ish to get get up-and-running though the configuration isn't totally instinctive. Once you get into the driving though, the game is much more polished.

Negatives;
- the inteface is pretty bad, definately could have used a bit lot more work.
- some of the buttons on my DFP aren't recognised, the D-Pad in particular.
- there's no documentation at all
- the engine sound is dismal, it just doesn't really sound like a car!

Positives
- TrackIR works like a dream straight away
- graphics are nice, probably a notch down from rfactor but definately good enough
- the clickable cockpit is very cool, I love turning it on and starting the engine Smiley
- the screen getting dirty when you plough through the sand is great (though the negative is that I couldn't work out how to clean it off, even back in the pits!)
- some of the other sound in the game is nice, for example I got a really nasty sounding scraping sound as I ploughed over a large kerb!
- I think the car (I've only tried the 1600) feels fantastic and the sensation of speed is very, very good and the force feedback is great, I seemed to be getting a very good sense of what the car was doing  thumbup1
- even using the autoclutch you are forced to lift the throttle to change up, this feels really good, I'll give it a go using the clutch pedal which I get the chance.

I reckon there's some very decent racing to be had out of netKar Pro IF (and that's a big if) you can put up with having to mess around with the initial configuration and the horrendous engine sound. I kinda forgot about how nasty it sounded is as I tried to push the car a bit further each time while I was lapping though, YMMV.

I haven't tried the multiplayer yet.

Legends Racing simracing team
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: April 11, 2006, 08:50:21 AM +0100 »

oooh! Almost forgot... being able to look over and see how well your tyres are holding up (in my case not vey well) is very cool too.

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: April 11, 2006, 09:22:35 AM +0100 »

Doesn't sound great from the initial reports. Not sure I can put up with another game with rubbish sound (LFS). Will try the demo though tonight.

Thanks for the info.

BTW, the manual is online...
http://www.netkar-pro.com/manual/index.htm

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: April 11, 2006, 11:01:54 AM +0100 »

- the screen getting dirty when you plough through the sand is great (though the negative is that I couldn't work out how to clean it off, even back in the pits!)

Aha! 'L' is the helmet cleaning button Smiley

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2006, 11:26:55 AM +0100 »

Well my car would not go very fast and felt like blamonge, also the FF started, then drops to just a spring in a matter of about 3 secs, need setup + config love i think

I am selling my Virtual Roadster cockpit on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
iRacing = Matthew Forrester
popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2006, 03:59:28 PM +0100 »

Looks like Kunos is on the ball fixing the problems already, great stuff considering it's been out about 16 hours;
http://forum.rscnet.org/showthread.php?t=250279

Best of all the sound might get 'fixed' soon Smiley

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2006, 04:00:21 PM +0100 »

Well my car would not go very fast and felt like blamonge, also the FF started, then drops to just a spring in a matter of about 3 secs, need setup + config love i think

Definately something wrong there Fozz, the FF is excellent for me with no tweaking whatsoever  Undecided

fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2006, 04:09:39 PM +0100 »

Definately something wrong there Fozz, the FF is excellent for me with no tweaking whatsoever  Undecided

It's great your having problems, that way im not the only one  Cheesy

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=320742210327 / https://www.simracing.org.uk/smf/index.php?topic=9771.0
Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2006, 07:32:44 PM +0100 »

I refuse to be involved in such a buggy project.  hammer
David M

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2006, 07:58:15 PM +0100 »

Good choice, hasn't impressed me yet!

the specs on the nKp site aren't a minimum spec, they're the spec required to run everything on high apparently, the only difference between that spec and my system is the GFx card, (9600 to my 9200SE) and yet, even with everything at its lowest, its still not giving decent FPS, hmm.

Ohwell, time to convince dad to get a new GFx card, a 6600 would do the job nicley on a budged methinks!
fozzmeister

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2006, 08:36:10 PM +0100 »

I quite like it so far, damage modelling is amazing, light years above anything else. not sure on handling so far, but i think once i get a setup it'll be good.

It's certainly interesting. I get the feeling that racing online with it will be amazing should it take off, as it makes u care about your car far more than anything else. imagine the tension of qualifying knowing that if u bin it, your mechanics might not be able to fix in time for race :-)

popabawa
Legendary Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2006, 08:39:06 PM +0100 »

I agree with you Fozz  Cool

As the NGT Sprint is cancelled I'm gonna try some online action Smiley

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 21
  Print