The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 08:06:29 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 29th October 2014 - GT3 at Spa  (Read 5873 times)
Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2014, 08:55:51 PM +0000 »

Thanks a bunch to whoever it was that doesn't understand what a rolling start entails. Punted up the back end, shattered windscreen and nearly pushed into the car in front. Managed to complete all of about 50 yards of the formation lap.

Not happy  nono

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2014, 09:38:11 PM +0000 »

i forgot about the rolling start tbh... not that it mattered because i was on pole, i slowed down at blanchimont for everyone to catch up.

dunno what happened to you tho johnny.

can we just not bother with rolling starts? im not sure it brings anything to the race tbh.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2014, 09:41:18 PM +0000 by ChrisR » Logged

Jester

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2014, 09:46:20 PM +0000 »

Thanks a bunch to whoever it was that doesn't understand what a rolling start entails. Punted up the back end, shattered windscreen and nearly pushed into the car in front. Managed to complete all of about 50 yards of the formation lap.

Not happy  nono

You didn't miss me Johnny  Wink, bend rear bumper and cracked windscreen for me. Thought at going in the pits first, but the car behaved on the formation lap reasonably well, so kept it going. Very annoying how fast the windscreen cracks with a rear hit  Angry

Erik Roeterdink aka Jester
my apps and settings
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2014, 09:48:00 PM +0000 »

if picnic set the server to 50% damage we shouldnt of had any cracked windscreens if rear ended under 35MPH..

Bob

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2014, 09:48:37 PM +0000 »

Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed  Biggest senior moment ever although I don't think I was the only one who set off racing when lights went out. Oh dear I forgot the warm up lap. To anybody it affected a big sorry. When the penny finally dropped I took up position at the back. Then a most uneventful race. Have to say not a big fan of rolling start, so used to starting on lights out. Again apologies, Bob.
PaulMcCloud

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2014, 09:50:31 PM +0000 »

They scare me, always afraid of coming off track before the race has even started.
Enjoyed the racing tonight btw  thumbup2
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2014, 10:15:22 PM +0000 »

if picnic set the server to 50% damage we shouldnt of had any cracked windscreens if rear ended under 35MPH..

Config file from tonight's race

[SERVER]
NAME=SimRcing.org.uk Fun Race
CARS=bmw_z4_gt3;lotus_evora_gtc;mclaren_mp412c_gt3;mercedes_sls_gt3
TRACK=spa
SUN_ANGLE=-48
MAX_CLIENTS=24
RACE_OVER_TIME=200
UDP_PORT=9456
TCP_PORT=9457
HTTP_PORT=8098
REGISTER_TO_LOBBY=1
PICKUP_MODE_ENABLED=0
SLEEP_TIME=1
VOTING_QUORUM=75
VOTE_DURATION=20
BLACKLIST_MODE=0
CLIENT_SEND_INTERVAL_HZ=20
TC_ALLOWED=1
ABS_ALLOWED=1
STABILITY_ALLOWED=0
AUTOCLUTCH_ALLOWED=1
LOOP_MODE=1
PASSWORD=normal practice password
ALLOWED_TYRES_OUT=4
DAMAGE_MULTIPLIER=50
FUEL_RATE=100
TYRE_WEAR_RATE=100
TYRE_BLANKETS_ALLOWED=0

[BOOK]
NAME=Booking
TIME=60

[PRACTICE]
NAME=Practice
TIME=15
WAIT_TIME=60

[QUALIFY]
NAME=Qualify
TIME=15
WAIT_TIME=60

[RACE]
NAME=Race
LAPS=13
WAIT_TIME=90

[DYNAMIC_TRACK]
SESSION_START=97
RANDOMNESS=0
LAP_GAIN=60
SESSION_TRANSFER=60
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 07:32:51 AM +0000 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2014, 10:19:17 PM +0000 »

Results

ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2014, 10:30:35 PM +0000 »

Config file from tonight's race

bla bla bla

strange, me and bob tested this for ages and anything under 35mph never cracked either windscreen, anything above that was hit and miss up to about 45/50 mph but after that it was everytime.

Johnny X

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2014, 06:08:27 AM +0000 »

Not happy  nono

You didn't miss me Johnny  Wink, bend rear bumper and cracked windscreen for me. Thought at going in the pits first, but the car behaved on the formation lap reasonably well, so kept it going. Very annoying how fast the windscreen cracks with a rear hit  Angry

Sorry, you're right Erik... tbh I was in a mega rage, which usually ends up in a few choice words and a monster rant. I've been out of the "chair" for a few weeks with work and other stuff going on. I was looking forward to getting back in the chair last night, especially at Spa. Hadn't had much time to practice and was pleasantly surprised at my quali. Then it all went pear-shaped.

Lessons learnt all around. No hard feelings Bob.

“The more fondly we imagine something will last forever, the more ephemeral it often proves to be”
― Iain M. Banks, Excession
Sutol

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2014, 06:43:13 AM +0000 »

Emm interesting to see there were a lot of best laps around the 7/8 lap mark, was this just coincidence?

Still learning so be patient
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2014, 08:00:01 AM +0000 »

Didnt spot the results page there. Pretty good Smiley

Simon Gymer
Former Moderators

Cool Bite

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2014, 09:16:08 AM +0000 »

Shame that the rolling start was a shambles last night. Some poor folk didn't even get to T1 on the formation lap. Then the leader doesn't even realise it's a rolling start until about 3/4 round the lap slows to a snails pace on one of the fastest parts of the circuit and we all brake like lunatics trying to avoid a big accident as he's weaving around at 5 mph.  Angry

I prefer rolling starts, but until the game supports it or this is a serious series where everyone actually reads the announcement, I would drop it and just do standing starts.

After the start it was quite good fun. laugh

Intel I7-4790K @ 4.0Ghz
MSI NVidia 2080 Ti Gaming X TRIO
16GB DDR3 2400Mhz
3x 1920x1080 27" monitors
Thrustmaster T300GTE Wheel + T3PA Pro Pedals
picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2014, 09:34:39 AM +0000 »

Didnt spot the results page there. Pretty good Smiley

LOL - it's been there every time I posted the graph Tongue

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2014, 10:23:05 AM +0000 »

Sorry to hear about all the troubles at the start. Having said that, I'm a bit annoyed that having posted this in the race announcement and twice in pre race chat that the message didn't get across  Huh I have rolling starts for 2 reasons: firstly as an attempt to replicate RL where appropriate and secondly to avoid start line dramas and T1 shunts like we've had in recent weeks.

The starting procedure in our GTR2 races has worked well here for years so I wanted to try this in AC. It doesn't work as well as it can do as we can't use the pit limiter (our GTR2 veterans will know what I'm on about here) so maybe it's worth going back to standing starts  Undecided

However we do it, the fact remains that we are having too many incidents and that means some drivers need to take more care. These are fun races and should be enjoyed by all.

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com