by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 08:41:12 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L20LCMT Interlagos: May 13, 2020
May 13, 2020, 08:28:29 PM +0100 - Interlagos (1973-1989) - UKGTL Season 20 Memorial Trophy
Driver
 Team
Nat. Make Model Class Qualifying Race
Tyres Pos Time/Gap Pos Time/Gap Laps Stops Best Retirement
reason
Ballast
Dimitar Dulichki
 Turbo Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#69) GTC-TC-76 1 1:20:56.902
106.624mph
29 2:42.742
109.728mph
Goodyear  
Hristo Itchov
 Turbo Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#58) GTC-TC-76 2 +16.508
106.263mph
29 2:41.056
110.877mph
Goodyear  
Erling G-P
 TEAM-GTLDK
Ford Capri Turbo (#58) GTC-TC-76 3 +51.394
105.508mph
29 2:45.047
108.196mph
Goodyear  
seniordan
 Soggy Bottom Racers Club
Porsche 935 (#66) GTC-TC-76 4 +2:46.232
103.096mph
29 2:45.509
107.894mph
Goodyear  
Geoffers
 Kerb Crawlers
BMW CSL Turbo (#1) GTC-TC-76 5 +1L
102.205mph
28 2:44.677
108.439mph
Goodyear  
AndyL

Ford Capri Turbo (#69) GTC-TC-76 6 +40.986
101.355mph
28 2:50.826
104.535mph
Goodyear  
Dominick

BMW CSL Turbo (#21) GTC-TC-76 7 +1:00.592
100.954mph
28 2:51.236
104.285mph
Goodyear  
fpolicardi
 Team7
Ford Capri Turbo (#58) GTC-TC-76 8 +1:59.300
99.772mph
28 2:50.278
104.872mph
Goodyear  
Bob M.
  OLD SCHOOL RACING TEAM
Ford Capri Turbo (#69) GTC-TC-76 9 +10L 19 2:51.362
104.208mph
unknown
Goodyear  
phspok
 Team Pseudo Racing
Ford Capri Turbo (#69) GTC-TC-76 10 +11L 18 2:47.624
106.532mph
unknown
Goodyear  
Wiltshire Tony
 Toyland Racing
BMW CSL Turbo (#41) GTC-TC-76 11 +15L 14 2:50.700
104.612mph
suspension
Goodyear  
SimRacing.org.uk Lap Records
GT Legends
GTC-TC-76
2:41.056
110.877mph
Hristo Itchov
Race
Ford Capri TurboMay 13, 2020, 08:28:29 PM +0100
L20MT
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Season 20 Memorial Trophy - Interlagos - May 13  (Read 2076 times)
Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: May 13, 2020, 10:21:40 PM +0100 »

As for my race, despite having found a genuine JohnWTM setup, the car's behaviour was a shambles. I had no idea what it was going to do in any corner and those two tightest right handers followed by a dip I had to take as I was driving in a pedestrian part of town. No pace, no control, so I let everyone pass, regardless of whether they were lapping or in the same lap. Combat would have ended in tears for sure. On the one hand it was a shame because I so do like monsters, but that doesn't mean I can drive them (with one notable exception the mention of which will make people like Geoff or Daz sigh: "here we go again"  Grin). Still, I somehow made it to the finish so there's that. Congrats to everyone for managing these lunatics especially Dan with that insane Porker.
seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 13, 2020, 10:36:29 PM +0100 »

Hey Bob, don’t resign, this league needs old fellows like us and moreover I can’t do without my racing mate I had so many fun battles with. We. Just have to teach the “young”  Grin aliens to be way more considerate and polite with us senior persons.
Spit it out and see you next race.
Cheers, Dan
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #62 on: May 13, 2020, 10:36:44 PM +0100 »

I am really sorry Bob, but please watch the replay. You just stoped right in front of me at the straight before the corner. I just couldn't do enything. I thought it wasnt my fouth and that's why i didnt wait for you.

Please accept my apologies if you think i am not right.
Sorry, Dimitar, but it's ALWAYS the responsibility of the overtaking or lapping car to avoid incidents. You were at lightning speed and Bob was considerably slower and fresh out of the pits so you could/should expect him -or any non-alien for that matter- to brake way earlier than you're able too. Like I said some time ago, us mortals are slower for a reason and the aliens should take that into account. There are no trophies or money prizes to win here. (Note that I'm speaking for myself here, I do not represent SROUK).

I hope you reconsider, Bob. If you don't, I wish you all the best too. We had some great battles back in the day. I for one would miss you.

That's not always true. If you are in front but act unpredictably, it's not always possible for the driver behind to avoid a collision. The simulated physics means drivers can't perform miracles. I've had a lot of issues with some backmarkers during my GPL years in the past, who would just suddenly hit the brake in front of me in places where I don't expect it. I was myself hit from behind at the 2nd start in this race, because I dropped the revs and lost acceleration (too long 1st). Do I blame the driver behind for that? Of course not...

I haven't seen this situation, but I've raced with Dimitar in different rFactor leagues since 2012 and he is a very correct driver, never doing things with ill intention. Besides, why wait for someone if they've been lapped, to let them unlap themselves and lap them again? It makes no sense to me. Perhaps Bob was under the impression that Dimitar was fighting for him for position and not lapping him?

Dimitar was under an enormous pressure from behind as I was catching him up and we were fighting for victory, so waiting for a backmarker makes no sense, particularly if he judged it to not be his fault for the accident.

In any case, I hope Bob reconsiders too. I don't quite get why you would take this so seriously, Bob, unless you've put the amount of practice Dimitar has done to prepare for this race and it has cost you a podium position or something.

Before we judge harshly, we should either watch the replay or wait for Dimitar to upload his onboard video, so we can see what happened exactly.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2020, 10:42:49 PM +0100 by Hristo Itchov » Logged

Dimitar Dulichki

Turbo Racing

View Profile WWW
« Reply #63 on: May 13, 2020, 10:48:39 PM +0100 »

It was cool that we didn't had Qualy but a little bit unfair, as the pole sitter was the first joined the server.

I started 4th and made great start, as one of the Porsche's in front made mistake (i think it was Dan) so i went to the lead. Head few corner battle with Coyote, then Hristo started to reach me from P2. We had great chase and battle for the first till the pit stop. At the end i was slower but more consistant, as Gristo was longer in the pits aswell. Till the end was intense as Hristo was 1 or more second faster and could've catch me in the final lap by my calculations. But he made a mistake and the final laps was easy and off pace for me.

Congrats to Hristo and Coyote for the podiums.

"Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death." - Hunter Thompson

My YouTube Sim Racing Channel

My Twitch Sim Racing Channel
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 13, 2020, 11:13:53 PM +0100 »

Results and replay now posted.

The Ford Capri is shown as classless. This will be fixed soon.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 10:17:36 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Dominick

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2020, 02:26:07 AM +0100 »

I am really sorry Bob, but please watch the replay. You just stoped right in front of me at the straight before the corner. I just couldn't do enything. I thought it wasnt my fouth and that's why i didnt wait for you.

Please accept my apologies if you think i am not right.
Sorry, Dimitar, but it's ALWAYS the responsibility of the overtaking or lapping car to avoid incidents. You were at lightning speed and Bob was considerably slower and fresh out of the pits so you could/should expect him -or any non-alien for that matter- to brake way earlier than you're able too. Like I said some time ago, us mortals are slower for a reason and the aliens should take that into account. There are no trophies or money prizes to win here. (Note that I'm speaking for myself here, I do not represent SROUK).

I hope you reconsider, Bob. If you don't, I wish you all the best too. We had some great battles back in the day. I for one would miss you.

That's not always true. If you are in front but act unpredictably, it's not always possible for the driver behind to avoid a collision. The simulated physics means drivers can't perform miracles. I've had a lot of issues with some backmarkers during my GPL years in the past, who would just suddenly hit the brake in front of me in places where I don't expect it. I was myself hit from behind at the 2nd start in this race, because I dropped the revs and lost acceleration (too long 1st). Do I blame the driver behind for that? Of course not...

I haven't seen this situation, but I've raced with Dimitar in different rFactor leagues since 2012 and he is a very correct driver, never doing things with ill intention. Besides, why wait for someone if they've been lapped, to let them unlap themselves and lap them again? It makes no sense to me. Perhaps Bob was under the impression that Dimitar was fighting for him for position and not lapping him?

Dimitar was under an enormous pressure from behind as I was catching him up and we were fighting for victory, so waiting for a backmarker makes no sense, particularly if he judged it to not be his fault for the accident.

In any case, I hope Bob reconsiders too. I don't quite get why you would take this so seriously, Bob, unless you've put the amount of practice Dimitar has done to prepare for this race and it has cost you a podium position or something.

Before we judge harshly, we should either watch the replay or wait for Dimitar to upload his onboard video, so we can see what happened exactly.
Both you and Dimitar are most welcome additions to this league, no doubt, and I haven't the slighest notion something like this was with intent on Dimitar's part but as anyone here can vouch on behalf of Bob, neither would he ever do anything like that intentionally. You guys are really, really fast while some of us, at least some of the time, have no chance of battling for the victory but we still want to have an enjoyable race if only between us backmarkers. There IS room for both parties, but it does require a slight adaptation from the ultra fast guys. Just a little. I tend to agree on the waiting part but only because I'm off the opinion that this particular type of incident shouldn't happen in the first place.

Anyway, I'll back out of the discussion now and hope that Tony steps in to tell us all how we should behave  Wink
seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2020, 10:20:18 AM +0100 »

I have been thinking about unintentional incidents which everyone of us has been involved in some time or other. Do I wait or does sorry suffice ?

My rule of thumb has always been: In this league traditional British courtesy always wins over competitiveness. So I wait.

seniordan

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2020, 10:23:33 AM +0100 »

And……….I made it to the end in one piece in the Porsche taz wub clap I Am Not Worthy
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2020, 10:30:46 AM +0100 »

At this time I want to remind you all of one of our Forum rules which is this:

Under no circumstances should drivers engage in discussion of incidents in a public forum (including in-game chat). In particular, no attempt should be made to apportion blame.
A brief mention of an incident may be made in a public race report.

I don't think this rule has yet been transgressed but please bear this in mind when posting.

Unfortunately I'm out this morning (first golf in months) but my first priority after I return will be to pm Bob.

Then I will decide if any further action needs to be taken.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 10:41:19 AM +0100 by Wiltshire Tony » Logged

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2020, 10:39:07 AM +0100 »

I'd also like to remind driver's of our rules regarding lapping:

Lapping And Being Lapped
The lapped driver should not change their line on a straight whilst being lapped.
A driver may elect to hold a tight line out of a corner and remain on the inside to allow a lapping driver to pass them using the normal racing line.
Drivers should not suddenly slow in the middle of a corner unless they are on the outside and the lapping car is clearly inside them.
The lapped driver should hold a predictable line and allow the lapping driver to move around them. The lapped driver may blend off the throttle slightly to help the lapping car past; drivers being lapped by cars in the same or slower classes are strongly encouraged to do so.
A driver should never lift off or brake on a straight with another driver right behind them.
The lapping driver should wherever possible prefer a pass under power to a pass on the brakes.
This frequently means being patient and going through at least one corner following the driver about to be lapped, setting the pass up.
A driver who is about to be passed by a car not on the same lap shall not unreasonably hold up the faster competitor.
This covers both being lapped, and being 'unlapped', that is, passed by a faster car that is one or more laps behind.

SpecialKS

View Profile WWW
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2020, 10:54:43 AM +0100 »

Bob - I emphatically hope that will reconsider your decision  Sad

So long

SpecialKS
aka Eifelblitz
AndyL

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2020, 11:50:44 AM +0100 »

I tried a lap in each car and thought that this was an impossible race. Then I read that the Capri was not too bad. So I tried it gently and things became possible.
For the race I assumed a lot of carnage early on, so I wanted to be at the back to avoid anything. That worked well at the start, and the restart, and the other restart. There was no carnage and I settled in behind Bob and Fulvio. After some time, Bob let us both through. Pitstops started to happen and I encountered Geoffers and Erling leaving the pits as I passed. I lifted a little to let them go. They were not part of my race. I pitted for front tyres only (maybe they could have lasted all race?) and filled with fuel after starting with full tanks. I didn't want any complicated calculations going wrong. After that Bob was a little ahead of me and Fulvio did a lot of pit stopping. It looked like I could have a race with Bob to the end. I was surprised to be lapped so soon. The top three passed me in easy places with no drama. I'm sorry to hear about Bob and Dimitar. Dominick was struggling near the end and I picked up another place.
Grats to the fast podium and to Dan for keeping the mad Porsche on track.

This was a memorial race for Laurie Clemo, or his online alter ego, Ligel Canello. Interestingly, his first online league race was at Interlagos, in January 2007 at GBGPL. Dan, you were in that race! Laurie was lapped then as he often was, but he loved the online experience. He was never a front runner, but always a gentleman on and off the track and became very good at being lapped.
misnoimis

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2020, 12:11:55 PM +0100 »

I agree with all comments requesting Bob to stay. thumbup1 I think all incidents considered reckless should be reported to Tony. nono
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: May 14, 2020, 12:18:20 PM +0100 »

A predictably difficult race in the BMW, a rocket ship on the straights but an oil tanker in the twisties.

After a couple of early mistakes I ran 4th for much of the first half of the race. Pitstop went well until I got an S/G for pitlane speeding, I thought it was because I turned the limiter off a fraction too early, so on my penalty stop I made sure I was past the pit exit light before turning it off. Argh, another speeding penalty, must admit I nearly quit at that point & just cruised around the first couple of turns before deciding to carry on. So on the second penalty stop I made sure I slowed right down well before the pit entry & this time all was OK, although I had engaged the limiter both times when entering the pits before, I obviously was carrying a little too much speed when passing the entry lights & got pinged for it.

Rest of the race was fairly lonely apart from being lapped (twice each!) by the two leaders & lapping a couple of other cars. Made another couple of mistakes late in the race, too heavy right foot, & came in 5th.

Congrats to the podium.  clap clap clap

I do hope Bob will reconsider his decision & join us again next week.
Hristo Itchov

There is no limit!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #74 on: May 14, 2020, 12:28:11 PM +0100 »

This was a memorial race for Laurie Clemo, or his online alter ego, Ligel Canello. Interestingly, his first online league race was at Interlagos, in January 2007 at GBGPL. Dan, you were in that race! Laurie was lapped then as he often was, but he loved the online experience. He was never a front runner, but always a gentleman on and off the track and became very good at being lapped.

Thank you for letting us know, Andy, I was wondering who the memorial was about!

This was one of the most intense races I've had a very long time! Knowing well Dimitar's affinity for Interlagos, even though this is the old version, I knew he was going to be strong and difficult to beat here. I wasn't helped at all of the starts by my long 1st gear, which I found worked better in the slowest corners, so I found myself trailing the top 4 down the straight after T2. Geoffer's Porsche was a rocket, so it took some time finding a place to pass him and then to manage to stay ahead.

Catching up and passing Erland was a different story though. He was really quick and made no mistakes, so I had to get very close and brake later to snatch 2nd. Fortunately for me he made a small error behind me and dropped a few seconds back, so he lost the slipstream and couldn't counter attack.

By now Dimitar was a few seconds in front and as much as I tried, we were just about evenly matched. It was only after tyre wear started to make a difference that I could gradually reel him in. Overtaking him though was next to impossible. He was very fast out of the corners that led onto the longer straights, and he also took defensive lines whenever I made an attack. I had no other choice but to back off and focus on getting another good exit. We had several side by side moments, but Dimitar was always had the better position and I didn't want to take too big of a risk so early in the race.

Shortly before the pitstop window I went wide in that narrow right-left combination (start of second sector I think), spun on the grass and lost about 10 seconds. Managed to claw back 4 of those, before Dimitar went into the pitlane for his stop. I had fueled my car to the maximum, because I didn't figure out the consumption in advance. The problem now was, what if he changed his tyres and start catching me up in the laps I still had left before my planned pitstop? I thought of not changing tyres, but I was already 3 seconds a lap slower, despite having a lighter car, plus it the traction under acceleration just kept getting worse. I decided to stop earlier, with 11 to go, and change tyres too.

Unfortunately I didn't stop where I'm supposed to, even though it didn't seem that way. I had to go back and forth a few times, losing about 10 seconds in the process. By the time I was out on track, Dimitar was 20 seconds in front. I set off in a crazy pursuit, taking risks absolutely everywhere, and this seemed to work for awhile, especially after Dimitar lost some 4 seconds due to his situation with Bob. Once the gap reached 10-11 seconds though, it stabilized and he did some very fast lap times, so I could only take a few tenths off him, for about 2-3 laps. I also lost 2 seconds at one point by having a minor off, so that didn't help my cause.

Once tyre wear become a factor again in the final 4-5 laps, I suddenly took big chunks off his lead and reduced it down to 5 seconds. This is where I allowed myself to imagine winning the race, losing focus for a bit, and the car surprised me by getting sideways in a place where it has never done before, at least not to that extent - in the double left after the long straight. It slid towards the inside, I overcorrected, and that sent me towards the outside at a very high speed. Went over the curb and slammed straight into the steep banking. I was expecting the car to go over the banking and flip violently, but instead it just decelerated to 0 and even flew backwards a bit. No damage done to the suspension, engine was OK, so I could continue and just cruise during the last 3 laps.

Well done to Dimitar for a well-deserved victory, it was a pleasure to battle with you! Congrats Erland for 3rd, you must have had a rather lonely race. Congrats to everyone else who survived this long race and to all who were courteous while being lapped, especially Geoffers who was otherwise very fast in the BMW and had to basically lift off to let me through.

The physics on these cars seemed very realistic, so I hope we can eventually do more races with them or similar ones in the future.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com