Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 10:36:41 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: What car will you take?  (Voting closed: November 30, 2008, 03:46:11 PM +0000)
Marcos - 1 (7.1%)
Ford GT - 4 (28.6%)
C6R - 2 (14.3%)
DBR9 - 3 (21.4%)
Ferrari 550 - 1 (7.1%)
Ferrari 575 - 1 (7.1%)
Saleen - 1 (7.1%)
Lister - 0 (0%)
Viper - 0 (0%)
MC12 - 1 (7.1%)
Murcielago - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Linked Events
  • UKGTR Endurance Test, Brno: November 30, 2008
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  
Author Topic: 30 November - UKGTR Endurance - Brno  (Read 10358 times)
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Currum auriga quasi furtivum

View Profile WWW
« on: November 17, 2008, 07:17:55 PM +0000 »

All members welcome.

This will be a test race for the 2.9.0.2 car and skin packs, with updated balancing changes over a longer distance.

Practice 1:21:00(5 mins)
Qual 2:21:05(5 mins)
Race:21:10(80 mins)
Note the very short pre-race sessions!

Cars allowed: Any GT1 from the v2.9.0.2 experimental pack (download from here)
It would be good to have a mix of original and add-on cars.
Weather: dry
Track: Brno 2004
Race Start Time 14:00.
Pit Stops: No mandatory pit stop.

Server: UKGTR 2.9.0.2 Test
Password: see above

Notes:
  • Please make sure you are fully aware of the UKGTR Rules - especially the speed limiter starting procedure and the rules about in-game chat messages.
  • You will not be able to join the server without v2.9.0.2 of the UKGTR car pack.
    You will not see skins correctly without the optional, matching GT2 skins pack.
  • Drivers are reminded that they must select ISDN as their bandwidth, otherwise the stability of everyone's connection will be reduced.
  • Please use the Driver Details page to ensure that the league management software has your correct GTR2 'Driving Name' (not necessarily the same as your lobby name).
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 07:55:11 AM +0000 by Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer » Logged

To finish first, first you must have fins.
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2008, 05:25:53 PM +0000 »

Details published. Please use the poll to indicate which car you intend to take; I would be very grateful if some of the existing cars with no obvious successor are represented.

Joss

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 05:41:54 PM +0000 »

Q Dave - Do we uninstall the old skin pack before applying the new one?

And also - there's a physics pack (req) and 2 other skin packs (optional). Installing all 3 won't mess anything up will it?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 05:45:48 PM +0000 by FreQ » Logged
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 06:16:16 PM +0000 »

Q Dave - Do we uninstall the old skin pack before applying the new one?

And also - there's a physics pack (req) and 2 other skin packs (optional). Installing all 3 won't mess anything up will it?

The car packs will uninstall previous ones - though personally I'm paranoid enough to uninstall previous ones manually.

The optional skin packs contain only textures and have only visual effects. They can't do any damage to online use or physics.

Joss

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2008, 10:12:39 PM +0000 »

Just had a go with all the cars round Hockenheim with minimal tweakage. Technical track, so should bring out the best and worst qualities in a car:

DBR9: 1:34.8
C6R: 1:34.5
GT: 1:34.6
Marcos: 1:36.2 after I'd stopped laughing  laugh

Reference Lambo time: 1:34.8

The DBR had some iffy understeer and not fantastic brakes, so just wasn't as fast. The C6 is the pick of the crop at the moment, with the GT being more nimble, but also a bit more lairy. Worse over a race.
The Marcos was bonkers; every time I opened the throttle it was grin-city as I hung on for dear life. And you can't see a thing out of it! Rubbish, rubbish racing car, but brilliant muscle car Grin

F430: 1:40.6 ish
Gallardo: 1:42.3  :'(
Panoz: 1:40.6
997: 1:40.3

The F430 and 997 have more left in them as they both grip so much. I wasn't at the limit for either of them round most of the corners and they both gave great laptimes. The 997 I could dump the clutch, full revs, first gear and hardly had any wheelspin, so any standing starts will result in them shooting forwards. The F430 was really boring the drive though  Undecided

The Panoz was great! Horrible to look at but great balance, easy to slide and fun to drive.

And the Gallardo  Sad
I was all set to love this. Best car easily in real life, best sounding...but the balance was weird. Less grip than all 3 others and a snappy rear, but worst was the bodge of an engine note. It stops rising towards the upper half of the rev range in 5th and 6th gears instead of consistantly rising to the red line...like it has 2 big dead spots in the torque. I had to stare at the rev gauge to judge the gear change instead of doing it by ear.

Picks of the moment:
Panoz
GT (if I can calm it down)
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2008, 10:05:54 AM +0000 »

I assume we dont need the GT2 skins to run the GT1's as per the first post!

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2008, 10:10:50 AM +0000 »

I assume we dont need the GT2 skins to run the GT1's as per the first post!

You don't need any of the skin packs at all - you'll just have 'ugly' cars without them.

JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2008, 02:27:20 PM +0000 »

I see Lambo doesn't feature in above car selection Is this intentional?
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2008, 03:46:44 PM +0000 »

I see Lambo doesn't feature in above car selection Is this intentional?

Not, it's either an oversight or my subconcious being unwilling to risk attempting to spell Murkylego.

JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 08:16:51 PM +0000 »

Will make this, however may need to park up about half way through, 2100hrs start is a bit to late for an 80 minute enduru.......early start at work the next day :'(
LEUVEN

???

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2008, 10:44:04 PM +0000 »

Will make this, however may need to park up about half way through, 2100hrs start is a bit to late for an 80 minute enduru.......early start at work the next day :'(

Yeah I'd prefer earlier start too, even though I watch Topgear I still record it and watch it after the race. I prefer to relax and watch it when I shouldn't be "preparing" for a race.  Wink

They keep me locked up in this cage, can't they see it's why my brain says Rage.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2008, 11:03:02 PM +0000 »

Oh haddocking breadcrumbs! Have spent all day stressing about how bad I am round here and how to improve. Was going alright last night trying out a few cars but didnt get under 1.56 in the Lister, then i saw the times here Shocked  So for the last hour and half have sat stareing at the back of the Timetrial ghost while also some lucky setups changes and now got into the 54's. I'd been dropping the fast bump but it wasnt helping over the bumps but raising them has helped no end and now don't seem be losing grip everytime i see a corner!

Well I know I'll be driving the Aston next season, but as most people are taking the addon cars i'll stick to the old ones!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2008, 11:10:11 PM +0000 by spanner » Logged

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Jorgen Wahlby

Atomic logo

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 05:02:12 PM +0000 »

I will really try to join in on this race. I drive the DBR9 in the "swedish" leauge and it's a blast. Soo it's my car choise for this race as well.

/Jorgen W

"One goal, one passion... Atomic Motorsport"
Dave 'Gizmo' Gymer
Director General
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 01:35:27 PM +0000 »

Since all you big girl's blouses have once again wussed out it falls to me to take the manly Marcos again then. laugh

Joss

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 01:17:38 AM +0000 »

If I can make this (I plan to) then I'll take the Marcos. Just for giggles Grin. When you're back in Holland Jeff, you are required to race this car just to see how mental it is - it's the only GT1 I know that spins its wheels in second gear!  Cool
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com