by SimRacing.org.uk   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 02, 2024, 07:37:40 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Downloads Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Linked Events
  • L7 Oulton Park: February 23, 2009
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  
Author Topic: UKGTL Power and Glory V2 Mod Test - Oulton Park (International) - Feb 23  (Read 12479 times)
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 23, 2009, 10:47:59 PM +0000 »

I could have almost got pole but session ended about 5 seconds before I finished lap! (was 0.2s up at split)  Roll Eyes

Grats on the Pole though Jos.

As for the race I decided to take the lower gripped tyre '64 Elan, and in some ways I was glad I did, the tyres were fantastic, super consistent with hardly any performance drop off.

I made a really good start and just kept banging the times in to create a gap to Ian, it slowly materialised until I wondered if I had put enough fuel in. Cue short shift mode!  Cheesy

This meant Ian started to reel me in so made a decision to increase pace to match until fuel reserve was above max possible useage then just nailed it, throwing the car around like a rag doll and running mid 52's for the remainder of the race where possible.

At the end of the race the tyres were only showing 5 wear all around....nice Cool

Grats to all those that finished and commiserations to those that didn't.

PS Ian I've fired an email off to GTLW asking when the patch is to made available, if its imminent would it be better to wait a while?

LigelC

EGO sum tantum hic pro beer

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 23, 2009, 11:17:23 PM +0000 »

I thoroughly enjoyed my first PnG race with you and was pleased with my overall performance at the end.  Because Tibernius went off a number of times I saw quite a lot of him and battle away to either try and stay ahead or keep on his exhaust.  I think toward the end when I passed going into the second chicane I may have been the cause of him spinning - if it was my fault I apologise mate.

I have never be in a late evening race before and found it a great experience - mind you if we get rain suddenly it could be a whole new story.

Gratulations to the podium and thanks to everyone who was there, I look forward to watching the replay tomorrow to try and work out where I lose time.

Laurie (aka LigelC)

victor est non panton , res illic est
(winning isn't everything, being there is)
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 24, 2009, 08:03:37 AM +0000 »

i thought the various coloured schemed Elans looked great on this track, even pit row looked sexy  Smiley  The cars looked very cool sliding about through the chicanes with the odd spinner here and there.  Cool

This version of Oulton was very different to the one i had been using, both in track width and topography. Only the basic layout was the same. I'd need to watch some more real footage here but personally i thought the one i used throughout the week was more akin to that touring cars vid i linked too. Perhaps someone who knows the track better can comment ?

I am surprised the patch hasnt been released yet for P&G.  Its been kicking around a while now  Undecided

Any thoughts on moving the time schedule ahead by 10mins? or does that cause problems for others?

ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 24, 2009, 09:45:08 AM +0000 »

Really annoying that I couldn't get this to work for me - I was able to join the practice a couple of times before it CTD, but most times it just CTD while loading the cars.  Anyhow, must be something at my end so no worries.

From the very limited off line driving at this track I did last night, I thought it was a very good rendition of the real thing where I've done lots of trackdays in my Atom - the one area where I thought it didn't feel quite right was the transition between Old Hall and Cascades, just seemed too sudden.

Cheers, Ross.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 11:05:21 AM +0000 by ross.mcw » Logged
dynosaur

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 24, 2009, 11:55:47 AM +0000 »

ross, someone told me (I had similar issues) to lessen the ingame setups other car detail before trying to connect again. Try that! I haven´t had a chance to test it while the problem is on. And the tracks HAT-file deletion was the other recommendation to prevent the CTD issue.
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2009, 12:02:07 PM +0000 »

Ross - I had a similar problem with phspok at the mid ohio race. I cured it by turning down the graphic detail levels in various ways.
Tibernius
Director, AC
Former Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2009, 12:08:10 PM +0000 »

Really annoying that I couldn't get this to work for me - I was able to join the practice a couple of times before it CTD, but most times it just CTD while loading the cars.  Anyhow, must be something at my end so no worries.

What's your current PC? CPU, Graphics card, etc.?
Madd-RIP

Power and Glory slave

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 24, 2009, 12:53:50 PM +0000 »

I thought it was a very good rendition of the real thing where I've done lots of trackdays in my Atom

I officially hate you!! Cheesy

ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 24, 2009, 01:08:58 PM +0000 »

What's your current PC? CPU, Graphics card, etc.?

You know Tib, I'm not even sure at the moment - it's pretty hefty though as it's built only for sim racing and certainly didn't struggle in the rain infested and dark Imola endurance the other night.  I'll check though.  My P&G install is a completely fresh and seperate installation with just the terrain patch applied and Oulton Park track installed

Anyhow not to worry, it's clearly my end so I'll figure it out before the next P&G race.

Cheers, Ross.
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2009, 01:09:35 PM +0000 »

Ross - I had a similar problem with phspok at the mid ohio race. I cured it by turning down the graphic detail levels in various ways.

I bet it's something like this, I'll check this.  Ta.
ross.mcw

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 24, 2009, 01:12:25 PM +0000 »

I thought it was a very good rendition of the real thing where I've done lots of trackdays in my Atom

I officially hate you!! Cheesy

If it makes you feel any better, I don't have it any more (having a kid put paid to that fun!).  Sold it and bought myself a 1972 911T which now languishes in the garage getting used about twice a year!

PS.  great pic here of me at Lodge corner scaring some girl that wanted a ride:-
http://gallery.atomclub.com/displayimage.php?album=56&pos=2

Cheers, Ross.
jimmer

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 24, 2009, 01:37:03 PM +0000 »

great pic Ross. Cheesy  i do like the way girls hold on to there helmets when there worry as if it helps Grin

"I wish I was a glow worm.
A glow worm's never glum
'cause how can you be grumpy
when the sun shines out your bum?"
Tim Robey

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 24, 2009, 02:01:41 PM +0000 »

I joined the race after I finally got round to installing the P&G mod this weekend.

Having never raced GTR2 online I was caught out at the start, one minute the countdown said 30s to go, next minute everyone was off. Arrrgghhh!!!!!

I need lots more seat time in P&G, as in the race I was getting slower and slower, I suspect my setup was way too soft. I started off doing 1:57 and by the end of the race I was 2-3s lap slower.

Elans were great fun to drive, I'll probably struggle with keeping the high powered cars on the track.

Are we going to have any wet races?  Wink

Tim
JPS

The Late Great Steve McQueen at LeMans

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 24, 2009, 02:27:52 PM +0000 »

have you got multiple versions of oulton in your locations dir ? might be worth deleting them out and deleting that 'hat' file that gets saved under logs? or somewhere.

You were right MJ...Thank you, unfortunately sorted it too late for the race.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 04:14:14 PM +0000 by JPS » Logged
Paul968
Former UKGPL Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 24, 2009, 02:44:47 PM +0000 »

The version used on Monday is far wider than the real circuit IMO. The one that MJ used before is much closer to the real thing, but may not be as good for racing because the track is pretty narrow in places.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com