The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 03:43:27 PM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: Next big update notes  (Read 1196 times)
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2020, 05:50:21 PM +0000 »

My sim racing might be more limited from March onwards as my wife and I are expecting our first child.

Congrats Glenn.  thumbup1
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2020, 06:03:29 PM +0000 »

My sim racing might be more limited from March onwards as my wife and I are expecting our first child.

Congrats Glenn.  thumbup1

Congratulations Glenn
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2020, 06:12:43 PM +0000 »

Thanks Bill. We are unlikely to run GT cars on Thursdays, Stephen has 1st pick on those.
Also Stephen has grabbed the DTM2020, so those will not run on Thursdays either.
I like the Scirocco, the F4, and DTM95 so far.

I tried the Scirocco yesterday in a couple of on line races. I like it, though it is perhaps
a bit tame for some. I need to test some more, but I ran at The Glen and at Brands
and I kept getting a weird FF thing, where it decides to pull left or from side to side
sometimes, but not always. Is this the effect that Spanner was getting a while ago?
Not sure if it's the car or the track.

Sounds like it Matt, what wheel do you have?

Congrats Glenn

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2020, 06:18:50 PM +0000 »

Still hoping for some suggestions for cars, only Toni has spoken up so far.

My suggestions for Thursday:

Again WTCR (but 2013)
I know again, but cars deliver or there is a chance for close racing (race's at Monza, Slovakia, Hungary, Salzburgring, Moscow, Sonoma or Shangai, Suzuka and for the final instead of 2x20min, 3x3 laps at Macau or Green Hell (if you crash you have 2 more oppertunities and more points for the championschip)

GTO Classic
At some tracks difficult to drive, some more easy. Race's at the flowy American tracks Daytona road, the Glenn, Indy road, Road America, Sonoma, ...). And maybe to end with a drafting race at daytona oval, like NASCAR.
Totally crazy if its possible with stage's  Grin Grin so also points after 5 and 10 laps.  Grin

NSU or VW Sirocco
Never driven the NSU in a league, and tested the VW Sirocco yesterday (easy to drive)

Maybe some endurance racing? LMP1 or CR1 Aquila to attrack people that only have the free content
Maybe more for sunday?

For sunday i think, Stephen already decided that we will do DTM2020 (pffff again not easy to drive + options like PTP and DRS (too many buttons  Grin)). And after this serie we will go electric (Cupra but maybe the new VW IDR (easy to drive and fast  Grin)

Looking forward to the end of January, i will have then my new desktop and not playing anymore on a laptop.
Glenn Richardson

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2020, 07:24:28 PM +0000 »

Thanks all for the well wishes.

Again WTCR (but 2013)
I know again, but cars deliver or there is a chance for close racing (race's at Monza, Slovakia, Hungary, Salzburgring, Moscow, Sonoma or Shangai, Suzuka and for the final instead of 2x20min, 3x3 laps at Macau or Green Hell (if you crash you have 2 more oppertunities and more points for the championschip)

Interestingly Birger, this would have been my third suggestion. I've been dying to play the old S2000 spec cars since I got the game and never gotten round to it. For those who hate FWD there is the RWD BMW, the reason I decided not to suggest until a later date is because they are still on a very early tyre model and physics.

The TC1 era between S2000 and TCR never really did anything for me. The cars feel very boosted given they produce just under 400bhp from a 1.6L four cylinder and the racing wasn't quite as close with the extra downforce and Citroen domination.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2020, 09:39:13 PM +0000 »

Congratulations   Cool
Will the child be racing a mini?  Huh

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
azaris

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2020, 10:24:18 PM +0000 »

To update my previous evaluation after two days of testing the new update:

1. Both the Porsche 911 Cup (the one with TC+ABS) and the Porsche 964 Cup are excellent to drive, in fact most Porsches in RaceRoom are now among my favourites. On the other hand, many people dislike them for various reasons.

2. GTO is interesting as the tyre model was updated, but probably will devolve into an Audi Quattro spec series.

3. I tried the new Group 4 cars, I could drive the M1 but the turbo Porsche appeared to have Flintstones brakes. Not sure how good the racing would be.

4. I don't like the way the DTM92 cars drive now (even more nervous than before), although in a pinch I could drive the BMW.

5. The Scirocco I really like but it is rather forgiving and only a single-make class. Even I find the NSU boring.

6. It's a shame the WTCC2013 cars didn't get a tyre model update. Both the 14-17 and 18-19 cars are greatly improved by it. I wouldn't mind hopping back into the SEAT Leon, although it's not the TDI monster from RACE 07...

Congrats Glenn.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2020, 10:30:13 PM +0000 »

It's a Thrustmaster TX

I did a few laps in the DTM92 Little Beemer at Motegi, and I could get it round 8 secs faster than the Touring
classics one, and I didn't fall off anywhere. Not sure that was with the new tyre model or not.

Agree with Birgir on DTM2020, insane fast, great fun if you can keep them on the road.
I did some testing with the P1 and P2 cars, love them, P1 I liked better.

Too many choices to vote thins out the results, and it's hard to get a strong result.
Keep advertising your faves, and I will do the vote nexr week, with what I think might work
You can vote for your best 3 cars
Thanks for the suggestions, keep 'em coming
« Last Edit: December 23, 2020, 10:38:47 PM +0000 by phspok » Logged

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 24, 2020, 10:01:51 AM +0000 »

Nice one Glenn, congratulations.

Way my racing has been going the last couple of weeks I'll be rubbish at whatever. My only request is, if the cars are hard to drive, can someone make a stablish setup and share it for those of us who just make cars worse when playing with setups. And yes I've seen the cheat sheet but, as proven by the electric washing machines the other day, I make changes the sheet says will help with blah and I get a car I can't fathom out.

frex

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2020, 05:59:58 PM +0000 »

Keep advertising your faves

Group 4 Porsche and M1 (not the Procar) still faves for me, but I think any of the cars on v4.1 tyres are a good bet, and I'd happily race any of them except the electricars.

A good update I think with even cars we've used a lot in the past like the Touring Classics and DTM '92 group feeling significantly improved. The 4.1 tyres plus the new setup option "Engine Braking Reduction" can help a lot if you were previously suffering from the rear end repeatedly (and unrecoverably) swapping ends, so hopefully it will help everyone to stay on track. That plus the racing improvements such as proper starts on the clutch, rolling starts (full manual control coming soon) and cooldown laps can only add to the whole experience, so looking forward to some more good racing in 2021. I guess next year has gotta be an improvemnent on this one eh?

Happy Christmas all, and best wishes to Glenn and family. Cya in the new year.
BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 24, 2020, 06:01:36 PM +0000 »

ow, i forgot one  Smiley

F4
Really easy to drive (tested at hockenheim, with the default setup)

Maybe a championship like F1 2020 Covid19 tracks

1. Double header Zeltweg               (normal quali: 10min - race 2x20min) reversed grid 2nd race
2. Hungaroring                               (Q1-3 each 7min - race 30min)
2. Double header Silverstone           (normal quali: 10min - race 2x20min) reversed grid 2nd race
3. Spa                                           (Q1-3 each 7min - race 30min)
4. Monza                                        (Q1-3 each 7min - race 30min)
5. Nurburgring                                (Q1-3 each 7min - race 30min)
6. Portimao                                     (Q1-3 each 7min - race 30min)
7. Imola                                          (Q1-3 each 7min - race 30min)
Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 24, 2020, 07:36:10 PM +0000 »

Way my racing has been going the last couple of weeks I'll be rubbish at whatever. My only request is, if the cars are hard to drive, can someone make a stablish setup and share it for those of us who just make cars worse when playing with setups. And yes I've seen the cheat sheet but, as proven by the electric washing machines the other day, I make changes the sheet says will help with blah and I get a car I can't fathom out.

Unlike in GT Legends where setup changes can make quite a difference, I generally find altering the setups in RRE don't make a huge difference & often only make the handling worse. As an example, at the recent WTCR race at Slovakiaring I was using a setup which I had evolved over the previous WTCR races. Out of interest I tried the default setup as a comparison & was able to do similar laptimes as I had managed with my setup. If anyone wants to try any of my setups I am quite happy to share them, won't promise they will make any remarkable differences though.

I won't make any suggestions for the next RRE series as experience tells me that my suggestions are rarely very popular!  Roll Eyes

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2020, 01:00:37 AM +0000 »

S2000?

azaris

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2020, 10:40:02 AM +0000 »

I don't think setups matter that much in WTCR either, just the wing needs to be adjusted. But in some other series the default setup is almost undriveable. The worst for me was DTM 2003 in Bilster Berg. I don't know how anyone managed a lap with the default as it bottoms out 20-30 times per lap.
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2020, 07:50:55 PM +0000 »

The update has ruined my triple setup. Even using the Webmenu the settings just dont seem to tie up with what it looks like. The centre screen seems to be at a higher FOV than the side monitors and the angle is off when looking at the rollcage in the car.

I've tried turning it off and telling it im just running one big screen, which helped but still needs further investigation

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com