The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

nonchalant-unilinear
May 03, 2024, 12:25:55 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Poll
Question: Do you want 1 long series, or 3 shorter ones in //
1 Long series. With a mix of cars - 9 (90%)
2 or 3 x 6 week series - 1 (10%)
Total Voters: 10

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Race Room 2021 part 2  (Read 1739 times)
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« on: May 26, 2021, 09:44:24 PM +0100 »

So, The commitee have decided that the FR90 series will run to the end, and then will be replaced with a P1 series

For the small slow and close racing cars there will be an NSU TTS series

For the mid range cars I need to post a vote. Any suggestions are welcome, then I will create a vote and the winner will
be a series.

The box said "Windows 2000 server or better" So I installed Solaris
spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team Prodigy - UKGTR/UKAC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2021, 09:36:25 PM +0100 »

Seems you have already decided.... GTOs?  Huh

Learn to love the Pork Smiley

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
Wiltshire Tony
Director, UKGTL
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

"I'd rather be Sim-Racing" said Noddy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2021, 09:54:46 PM +0100 »

Seems you have already decided.... GTOs?  Huh
I think that's just a place holder. It can be changed.

The only UK based GTL community which races every Monday night. We are always looking for new drivers of all ages and abilities. GTL here since 2006.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2021, 09:55:33 PM +0100 »

Yep. I was determined to run cars that I could at least drive, even if not a front runner
The GTO are very good, I particularly like the Mustang. The P1 are also very good
and not too difficult. The NSU are not my fve cars, but do create some grewat battles
(and Pete likes them)

There is no point in me doing this anymore if I can't enjoy it too
I think people will find these car/track combos produce some very good racing  

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2021, 08:49:19 AM +0100 »

The NSU are not my fve cars, but do create some grewat battles
(and Pete likes them)
Don't run them just for my benefit. Although I completed the race last night the game crashed shortly after while trying to do the Seat challenge at the Ring. At this rate I'll be giving up on this stupid game.

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 09:51:17 AM +0100 »

I was dubious over the GTO's but will give them a go and the P1's though even the P2's felt a bit too difficult but wont be doing the NSU's.

Team Prodigy - Just like Team Oldie only younger, faster, less grey hair and kinder to the environment!
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2021, 11:49:51 AM +0100 »

No worries. I was struggling with the NSU last night, and gave up after a while. I think it suits hilly tracks
but I might do better on level layouts.

The GTO are a mixture. The Ford is an easy drive, the Audi is drivable, the Nissan is a bit awkward
The Ford is apparently slower, so, when I get some time I will work out some level of handicap
for the faster cars. If I do, it will be open to changes as required.

The P1 are just lurverly, I find them an easy drive with the default setups, but perhaps with some
more edgy setup they might be hard work. I always find cars with a lot of engine braking hard to
drive without losing the back end on corner entry. These allow you to set engine map, and engine
braking reduction, I can drive with map 5 if I set the engine braking to be much less.

phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2021, 12:47:10 PM +0100 »

So. Last night was the final NSU event of the series.

I am reluctant to lose the Thursday night slot, but am not going to keep making up series myself forever.

I have been doing this for years, and I have learned a long time ago that whatever I create there will be naysayers
I am perfectly fine running the series and doing the admin (with some help from Tony) but I am not going to
design any more series without some help. The only issue for me is deciding on which car classes to run
I can do the tracks to match the cars, but I have had enough of trying to create things that people don't want
I can create a vote, but that will only be for cars that I think would work. I could do with some input
on what people want to see, and can create a vote based on anu inputs perhaps.

If there isn't much interest, then I will let the current series run to their end
I can run some test races to gauge interest? Answers on a post card.

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2021, 01:03:06 PM +0100 »

I don't think it is worth me suggesting anything because I will most likely turn up whatever cars are chosen (barring those electric things!). It needs input from those who are a bit more choosy about what they drive, I think.

By the way are the two GTO races that didn't run/lacked results going to be rearranged?  They could be slotted in between the remaining P1 events.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2021, 01:51:45 PM +0100 »

Were there two? I have put Daytona Road back in, I thought that was the one that was missed.

Part of the problem for car choices is that since their last downgrade, some of the cars are not
realistically drivable any more, so choosing a decent car set for a series has become even more difficult
which is why I have asked for help.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 01:54:38 PM +0100 by phspok » Logged

spanner
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2021, 03:25:22 PM +0100 »

I think the Laguna one (that I won! lol) got lost.... hmm ok i guess not..

I don't think there is an optimal solution.... We seemed to enjoy the GTO's early on.. now look at it...

Do raceroom balance them for the leaderboards or multiplayer races laid on? So we can't rely on the car groups in racroom? There seems more single car classes than groups.

don't force people to run a single car? (If people didn't like the Nissan BoP they could have changed cars!)

You could do series based around tracks, rather than cars. E.g. USA tracks but have a different, single car, at each round.
Similarly run each car in a class, e.g touring classics, each week.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2021, 03:27:02 PM +0100 by spanner » Logged

Geoffers

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2021, 04:16:58 PM +0100 »

Were there two? I have put Daytona Road back in, I thought that was the one that was missed.

Road America was the other one, but you have already rescheduled that for Nov 4th I see.
phspok
Director, UKPnG
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2021, 05:07:16 PM +0100 »

Ok, Ta. I like the tour of Regional tracks with different cars/groups
That is sort of what Tony does for some of his series

I usually set the series as regional anyway, like US + Aussie
Nordic, East Asia and Euro. so that would be easy to do

There are 6 events showing for GTO, do some still need moving? I will check

Ok, good input, thanks. Ideally everyone will suggest 1 favourite car/group and I will
create a vote, I can fill in gaps with a couple of test races, and I can fill in a vote
with things I think might be good.

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2021, 10:13:02 AM +0100 »

If people didn't like the Nissan BoP they could have changed cars!
That depends on

a) having time to test all the cars to see which is quicker at the next circuit, I don't have the time so until I turn up on a Thursday night I have no idea.
b) that you're prepared to switch cars mid championship. Something I never do deliberately, doesn't happen in the real world why should it be allowed in the virtual?

BiriBiri

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2021, 09:58:20 AM +0100 »

So. Last night was the final NSU event of the series.

I am reluctant to lose the Thursday night slot, but am not going to keep making up series myself forever.

I have been doing this for years, and I have learned a long time ago that whatever I create there will be naysayers
I am perfectly fine running the series and doing the admin (with some help from Tony) but I am not going to
design any more series without some help. The only issue for me is deciding on which car classes to run
I can do the tracks to match the cars, but I have had enough of trying to create things that people don't want
I can create a vote, but that will only be for cars that I think would work. I could do with some input
on what people want to see, and can create a vote based on anu inputs perhaps.

If there isn't much interest, then I will let the current series run to their end
I can run some test races to gauge interest? Answers on a post card.

If needed i can do some work for the Thursday events.

Maybe not all of them but 1 or 2 series, or maybe only the testing or admin side of the job.

I think voting is the best solution to start/choose a next serie. Maybe not only the car but also the format. And if something needs to be chosen very quickly the person who puts efforts in hosting the events has the benefits to choose.

- If needed i can start the server, but will need some training in how to setup a server
- Posting the upcoming race's and results on the forum i can also do.
       - I have already idea's to make it maybe i little more fancier to attract more drivers towards the race's.

grts
Biri
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com