The Spirit of British SimRacing   

Read this first!    

May 02, 2024, 11:49:27 AM +0100 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
Series
Recent
Forthcoming
News: Upcoming Events are as follows: 1 - RRE/AC/ACC Sunday - No event ; 2 - GTL Monday - No event 3 - AC Wed - No event 4 - RRE Thursday - No event

RACE SERIES KEY A19=Assetto Corsa, E10=Raceroom Experience, L23=UKGTL GT Legends, LN2=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends, LNE1=Legacy NoGrip GT Legends Endurance races

Start Here      Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register     LM2 Replays Rules Links Circuits Teams  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  
Author Topic: Wednesday Assetto Corsa Fun - 5th November 2014 - GT multiclass - Spa  (Read 13825 times)
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 31, 2014, 04:54:14 PM +0000 »

Using 100% grip my lap times are as follows

Mp4 -2'16.2
Z4 - 2'16.6
Sls - 2'15.9

Ive not spent a lot of time in the mp4 and no time in the z4, but dont forget these times are done with just 2.5 laps of fuel and softest tyres.

In the gt3 race i was gradually dropping from 2'18's down to a consistant 2'17's if it had carried on i would of been doing consistant 2'16's.

In the GC server (100% grip from word go) i drop straight i to consistant 2'16's.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 31, 2014, 06:40:17 PM +0000 »

Whats OV1 TT?

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/rivali-ov1-info-app-v4-1.3219/

Something helpfull like we used in GTR2
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2014, 07:12:12 PM +0000 »

and one of the biggest problem generating mods the devs have ever come across.. trust me..

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2014, 09:04:22 PM +0000 »

If people are happy for the results to be posted via another site then I can throw the output files from now on in that direction, rather than using the downloaded AcLogParser I was pointed at before. Sadly I've not been keeping the output files so I can't push the old results in this direction.

Truetom

Ljubljana, Slovenia

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 31, 2014, 10:57:49 PM +0000 »

and one of the biggest problem generating mods the devs have ever come across.. trust me..

So you think better not to use it? Is there something similar. I'm used to know tyre temps, how worn they are, etc.
ChrisR
Director, AC
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 31, 2014, 11:59:12 PM +0000 »

Mini apps stats bar +

You can see it at the very top of the screen.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 01, 2014, 03:46:14 PM +0000 »

I've made this 2x tyre wear to shake things up a bit  Shocked 

TOP TIP: READ THE RACE ANNOUNCEMENT Smiley
Mark J
Incident Moderators

Legend in his own lunchtime

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 01, 2014, 06:52:27 PM +0000 »

I assume that means medium tyres required  Undecided
I can't get anywhere near the lap times posted on here  Embarrassed 2.21 is my PB and regular quicker laps on soft tyres at 97% grip. I know I'm a week behind on practise after being away, but even so  Shocked

Absolutely loving lapping this track in all these Gt3 cars, it just looks and feels spot on.  Cool. Not even tried a GT2 car yet!
Should I/we be using full TC and ABS in these cars? Or are they better with it toned down a little? Got mine set to 'factory' at present. Do the real teams run TC or ABS in racing? I assume they use a modified racing version of it perhaps.

goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 01, 2014, 07:05:26 PM +0000 »

Always set your TC and ABS to "Factory" for these races that way you are able to use what assists are permitted in real life. You can choose to use them or not Ctrl/A turns on/off ABS while you can set the level of TC by Ctrl/T while on track from 1 to 12 (1 being the least intrusive).

As for real life I assume teams use both to try to control tyre wear but who knows.

ginsters sponsored
Grey Leader
Former Moderators

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: November 01, 2014, 07:13:20 PM +0000 »

Hello everybody, noob here  Wink

Having finally found time for sim stuff, was surprised that assetto worked at all on my decrepit machine. Sadly tis too flaky to join you gents but is good to see your times etc. Will get PC bits I need asap (anyone got a decent gpu or cpu for sale?).

Tis good to see this place still up and running  Smiley.

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 01, 2014, 07:18:32 PM +0000 »

Blimey hello Ginsters! Where have you been hiding the last couple of years? Good to see you back, you will love this sim and definitely worth getting the PC bits for it  Smiley

Cheers on the TC/ABS info GT.

Berger R - 74

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 01, 2014, 08:28:24 PM +0000 »

I assume that means medium tyres required  Undecided
I can't get anywhere near the lap times posted on here  Embarrassed 2.21 is my PB and regular quicker laps on soft tyres at 97% grip. I know I'm a week behind on practise after being away, but even so  Shocked

Absolutely loving lapping this track in all these Gt3 cars, it just looks and feels spot on.  Cool. Not even tried a GT2 car yet!
Should I/we be using full TC and ABS in these cars? Or are they better with it toned down a little? Got mine set to 'factory' at present. Do the real teams run TC or ABS in racing? I assume they use a modified racing version of it perhaps.

hi mark,

the laptimes which are posted here (think 2.16 from chris) are limit what is possible in AC for racepace i think, normaly nobody other can do 2.16, think still a 2.17 racepace is totaly alien laptimes, think his laptimes are with 100% grip, so probably you can do 1 sec. faster in 100% too then you can do with your 97% grip level (or nearly 1sec.).
normaly i am not so far away from front runners and i only can do 2.18.mid with 100% grip in GT3 cars, so 2.19.xxx wiht 97% grip i think.
so this chris laptimes should NOT be a indicator for this race for racepace (probably he will have a lonely race, as this laptimes are extremst fast).
2.19-2.21 should be range for front to middle pace in beginnig of race wiht 97% and good tyres.
think a little faster laptimes in 2nd stint, as i read, that 2xtyres, so probably (perhaps) tyre change in middle of race? and with lower fuel then, faster laptimes with fresh tyres and already 100% grip (or close to 100%).

for ABS/TC.... i like to drive with ABS a lot, this save my front tyres a lot, so GT3 cars are advanced in front tyre wear with aBS on in factory (GT2 do not have abs), TC is is more easy to drive with ON, but i am nearly 0.5 sec. slower with TC on 6 (middle of TC strenght), but it is difficulty to drive without TC more then 5 laps in a row without make a spin (mistake), but i am nearly 99.9% sure, that TC off is faster, but much more diffitculty to master (for me at least).

servus
goldtop
Director, RRE
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

Team KC

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 01, 2014, 09:15:19 PM +0000 »

Hello everybody, noob here  Wink

Having finally found time for sim stuff, was surprised that assetto worked at all on my decrepit machine. Sadly tis too flaky to join you gents but is good to see your times etc. Will get PC bits I need asap (anyone got a decent gpu or cpu for sale?).

Tis good to see this place still up and running  Smiley.

Good to have you back Grey Leader  Cool

Mark J
Incident Moderators

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 01, 2014, 10:52:47 PM +0000 »

Hi Berger, another racer from past days!  Smiley. Thanks for the heads up on the laptimes and factory assists, much appreciated.  Cool. My laps were done with 30L fuel onboard, as I generally spend my limited praccy time trying to get a decent race setup together, so hopefully I am not as uncompetitive as feared!

Is there a pit crew mod? My crew are in grey and white and you can't see the lolly pop guy against the grey garage doors!..and he had a Lotus emblem despite me driving an orange McLaren  Tongue

picnic
Director, Servers
SimRacing.org.uk Staff

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2014, 09:24:44 AM +0000 »

Practice server is now set for 2X tyre wear

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
  Print  

Jump to:  

Hosted by DaveGymer.com